PDA

View Full Version : I really hope Thomas re-signs!

BillsNick
02-05-2007, 10:31 PM
He did a great job for us this year. He may not re-sign, due to wanting to be near his family.

"Thomas is also a family man, and the 2006 season was tough because his wife and children stayed in Centerville while he played in Buffalo. He said all decisions about his playing future will be “family decisions.” As for the 2007 season, Thomas becomes a free agent on March 1. He said he’s already been contacted by Bills general manager Marv Levy about returning to Buffalo. "

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/963/public/news780875.html

LifetimeBillsFan
02-06-2007, 03:36 AM
I see Thomas being a key player for the Bills this offseason and I guess Marv is already on top of that, too.

I can never fault a man for wanting to be close to his family, but I certainly hope that Kiwaukee decides that he needs to play another year in Buffalo to make sure his family will be well taken care of in the future and so that he can buy those kids at the high school some more things for their weight room and other facilities!

kernowboy
02-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Agreed

And after all he is a professional, he may get offered more by Buffalo than elsewhere which of course also impacts on his family

jamze132
02-06-2007, 07:41 AM
If Clements does indeed leave, we will need to try hard to retain Thomas. He already knows the system and did play pretty good.

Night Train
02-06-2007, 07:56 AM
I have nothing against Thomas but we could do better. He is painfully slow.

Saratoga Slim
02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
He's a good nickel or #4 corner for sure. I don't know that I'd want him as #2.

bigbub2352
02-06-2007, 08:43 AM
U got to remember Kiwakee Thomas was a cast off FA signed by us cause no one wanted him, he was cut by Maimi and Jacksonville, and is nothing more than a backup, Now with that said he is replaceable, either by Draft pick or FA, but i would luv to see him back in a bills uniform, he adds veteran stabilty to a young secondary, and having him and Bowen and now Wire allows us to have veteran Depth behind some 20 something players, all and all i would like to see him back but if he goes he can be replaced, veteran league minimum is all he should sign for

DraftBoy
02-06-2007, 08:45 AM
I like him alot, but he also went to school near me at Ga Southern so I saw him play a few times. I hope they resign him.

Tatonka
02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
i guess i am the only one that did not like the guy at all.

i thought he was average at best. he made some good plays and some awful ones. he does not have the speed to play with anyone on the outside.

i dont know.. i wouldnt mind if he didnt come back.

more cowbell
02-06-2007, 03:09 PM
better than jabari greer...knows the system...decent in the slot...keep him

B-DON
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
i honestly believe him and greer are on the same level. i have no clue why people like this guy and every time i bring it up people laugh like i am crazy

Mahdi
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Thomas and Greer play different roles. Greer is an outside corner, and Thomas is a nickel slot corner. Its not easy to play inside and kiwaukee did well for us in there. He should be kept but not for too much money