PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having trouble getting excited about the 2007 draft?

Saratoga Slim
02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
There just aren't too many declared players that I'm really jazzed about at this point. Granted, its early and the great draft hype machine has not yet swung into full gear, but right now I feel like there's less high-end talent on the board than last year. Discuss.

DraftBoy
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Im pumped!

RockStar36
02-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm pumped as well. As the years pass I get more and more involved which is always fun.

Yasgur's Farm
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm pumped as well... Seems like plenty of blue chippers to me.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
This is a year where we can find starters in all 3 rounds IF its done right. Now if we can just get marv to fire Modrak and hire draft boy...

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
This is a year where we can find starters in all 3 rounds IF its done right. Now if we can just get marv to fire Modrak and hire draft boy...

Modrak found 4+ plus starters last year. If he does so again, I am thrilled.

Kerr
02-06-2007, 11:19 AM
I'll always look forward to the draft.

BAM
02-06-2007, 11:23 AM
After last years' draft, I am excited about this one. I'm confident they'll do a great job again. We're almost there...!

ZacGriffi~82
02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
After last years' draft, I am excited about this one. I'm confident they'll do a great job again. We're almost there...!

The unpredictability makes it exciting too.

Jan Reimers
02-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm always pumped for it, whether there are a lot of marquee players or not.

I don't care so much about the Bills drafting the big name guys, as getting some quality starters to fill our positions of need.

I really liked last year's draft, and hope we can come close to it this year.

Carlton Bailey
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
It doesn't matter the level of players, I'm always psyched for draft weekend. I watched the entire thing last year, actually.

Tatonka
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
i will actualy be on a cruise the weekend of my draft with my hockey team, so i am hoping they have espn so i can keep track of things.

i will say this.. guys like pennington and ellison, and colston, ect.. make me excited about the draft every year. we know so little about the guys who are not considered first day picks, that anyone picked could shock us.

there are so many guys out there that have blue chip talent depending on what you need them for, if you follow.. for example, some guys may be considered small (ellison) so he drops, but he is custom made for what we are doing.

i love the draft, and can't wait.

OpIv37
02-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I hate off-season period.

As far as this season, it seems as though there are a lot of things this team needs, and not a whole lot of options between the draft and FA. we took some steps forward in 06- I'm not sure if that's possible this year.

One thing's for damn sure- the next month until FA starts is the most boring time on the football calendar.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM
cruise, Hockey, Cruse, Hockey...Something just doesn't mesh here :bandwagon

Tatonka
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
we decided after winning our 3rd championship we were going to celebrate right.. so 11 teammates, and 10 wives are loading up on a royal carribean ship and heading to bermuda. should be a blast..

but i will still find time to keep up with the draft.

ICE74129
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM
we decided after winning our 3rd championship we were going to celebrate right.. so 11 teammates, and 10 wives are loading up on a royal carribean ship and heading to bermuda. should be a blast..

but i will still find time to keep up with the draft.

Congrats on the championship bud!!

DraftBoy
02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
It doesn't matter the level of players, I'm always psyched for draft weekend. I watched the entire thing last year, actually.

I havent missed a pick in 4 years, yea Im a draft nerd! :nerd:

kernowboy
02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
This year it's exciting, as it's pretty much wide open in which direction we could go as indicated by the posts

Night Train
02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Every draft is different.

I see Guards a plenty with talent in Rounds 2-3. Lots of good DE's. CB's all over the place. Some good value at WR. A couple big play TE's. A few good LB's. Thin at RB and DT but that's where the scouts do their homework, digging up a diamonds in the rough.

2 1/2 months to wait. But plenty of time to do some reading and learning the talent.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2007, 04:38 PM
The draft is the most boring thing of all time to begin with. Just listening to a bunch of know it alls that probably haven't ever even watched a down of most of the players arguing about who fits what needs.....

Night Train
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
The draft is the most boring thing of all time to begin with. Just listening to a bunch of know it alls that probably haven't ever even watched a down of most of the players arguing about who fits what needs.....

Last year, the NFL Network started their own coverage and it's quite good. Mike Mayock watches these College players closely and offers great commentary.

It's so nice to now have an alternative to ESPN, which is hack city IMO.

socalfan
02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Last year, the NFL Network started their own coverage and it's quite good. Mike Mayock watches these College players closely and offers great commentary.

It's so nice to now have an alternative to ESPN, which is hack city IMO.

Yeah....yawn....lots of fun seeing the top 5 guys in every category discussed ad naseum.

HHURRICANE
02-06-2007, 05:32 PM
There's no clear cut super stars like last year.

I actually think #12 is the best posssible place. Something is going to fall to us. Unless we do something stupid and take a "high motor" 2nd rounder in the first than we should have a hell of a first pick and second pick.

SquishDaFish
02-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Ummm Ill say this nicely LOL ..... HELL NO!! Ill look forward to that weekend every damn year!

camelcowboy
02-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I start digging the draft when football is off for a few weeks then ill get tunned in