PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta will not get our pick they want

Buffarama
03-07-2003, 08:18 AM
There is no way TD is going to fold and give back a pick to Atlanta. They're trying to hold a gun to poker face's head, and it aint gonna work. TD is a freakin animal, and will get his way. In fact, he's already backed off from a 4th to a 6th possibly, now Atlanta is trying to hold Takeo against us for leverage.
Atlanta is in the same boat we are in, except if they lose Peerless they have no backup plan, and they really want him.
We can still sign Spikes and keep Peerless, so I don't know what kind of leverage Atlanta thinks they have because they are on the same deadlines we are.
No extra picks go to Atlanta. Why get a 6th rounder this year and give one back next year?

casdhf
03-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Cuz it a 6th rounder?

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 08:21 AM
If they are haggling over a 6th rd pick............GET IT DONE!!!

Novacane
03-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Amen CP Who gives a rats @$$ about a 6th rnd pick!

Bulldog
03-07-2003, 08:25 AM
This is exactly why I tried not to get too excited last night when all these stories started to break. I sure hope this doesen't drag on too much longer.

don137
03-07-2003, 08:26 AM
We got Kevin Thomas with our 6th round pick last year.

Bulldog
03-07-2003, 08:30 AM
I really don't care about the sixth round pick, this deal obviously has huge ramifications on Buffalo's plans for the offseason. I'd be happy with just the first round pick! I will be mighty pissed if this is indeed what is holding this deal up.

Buffarama
03-07-2003, 08:46 AM
That's why they're not going to get it. Like TD said, we'd love to have Peerless back. Let them lose out on Peerless. It will hurt them more than us. Atlanta's playing a head game now. TD won't flintch.

Billz_fan
03-07-2003, 09:08 AM
No way the Bills give Atlanta a pick in the trade. I would rather keep Price.

He is worth every bit of that 1st rounder. There is no one in the draft who is gonna come in and contribute to the Falcons the way Peerless will.

Voltron
03-07-2003, 09:08 AM
I say offer them a conditional. that may be a good counter offer. Or attatch it to something like NO did with williams. If price gets so many yards or catches they get less of a pick from us in 2004

Schobel94
03-07-2003, 09:13 AM
If it comes down to us giving them a 6th rd pick or not I say screw them. It's the principle, at least after that people would know TD doesn't f&ck around.

wwovince
03-07-2003, 09:14 AM
With the front office we have and the way they draft a 6th rounder to us is good. We got Kevin Thomas CB last year in 6th and look how good he looked last few games. I say make them sweat it out and sign Spikes to an offer sheet as they wait to prove we can keep peerless and sign spikes at same time. They will give in!!

jchild178
03-07-2003, 09:41 AM
whatever decision TD makes will be the right one! Atlanta's little cheesy GM cant come close to touchin TD...TD is football's GOD!