Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Just heard that the rumor out of Chicago is a franchise tag for Mr. Briggs. Maybe time to think about re-signing Clements. Maybe paying #1 money for a top 6 corner is stupid but it's better than having a top 25 corner playing with a scrub LB.
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

What did Sirius report though?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Cato June is still available and top on my list.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
          • Jun 2003

Cato June would be a lateral move.
          www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

No matter what they do this off-season people will be pissed. Personally, if signing Clements should still be on the list of things to do. Whether or not it actually happens is another topic, but to completely rule it out is foolish. I don't see how Youboty could be his replacement. Nobody has really seen him play. And considering how often I saw McGee get toasted this past season, it worries me to think it will be McGee and Youboty.

D & S Sports

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Cato June is still available and top on my list.
              Briggs was statistically good and yet somehow annoymous on Sunday

June would be no better than Ellison.

If we are going to make the LB corp younger and bigger, we might want to look at Napolean Harris 6ft2 and 255lbs and only 27 in the middle and then draft early in Day1 - Timmons, Posluzny, or Willis. Even if we cut TKO that would give us youth, talent and depth

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                • Jun 2003

If not Briggs then i want Boss Bailey.
                www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Maybe time to think about re-signing Clements. Maybe paying #1 money for a top 6 corner is stupid but it's better than having a top 25 corner playing with a scrub LB.

That's perfect logic. I'm serious. It's what I've been saying.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    No matter what they do this off-season people will be pissed. Personally, if signing Clements should still be on the list of things to do. Whether or not it actually happens is another topic, but to completely rule it out is foolish. I don't see how Youboty could be his replacement. Nobody has really seen him play. And considering how often I saw McGee get toasted this past season, it worries me to think it will be McGee and Youboty.
                    I was willing to let Clements walk based on us bringing talent in other places. If there is nobody that significantly upgrades us at another position than re-signing Clements makes sense. Plus I'd have his ass returning punts like he used to.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      Clements is NOT a need. You do NOT need top CB's playing the cover 2.

You don't see how yobotay can be his replacement, but then you say no one has really seen him play, including you. So how can you say he can't be clements replacement?

I see us signing a mid tier guy like nick harper to come in and compete with Yo for the job.

Top flight corners 1) arent' worth taking up about 1/10th of your cap on one player and 2) not a need in the cover 2

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                        Briggs was statistically good and yet somehow annoymous on Sunday

June would be no better than Ellison.

If we are going to make the LB corp younger and bigger, we might want to look at Napolean Harris 6ft2 and 255lbs and only 27 in the middle and then draft early in Day1 - Timmons, Posluzny, or Willis. Even if we cut TKO that would give us youth, talent and depth
                        Ok lets get this out of the way Poslunzny is NOT going to be a good NFL QB. During the SR bowl week he looked AWFUL! he isn't athletic, slow etc. This was linked at some point during that week.

If anything you leave OLB alone and draft P willis or the kid from Florida to play ILB for us.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129

You don't see how yobotay can be his replacement, but then you say no one has really seen him play, including you. So how can you say he can't be clements replacement?

I see us signing a mid tier guy like nick harper to come in and compete with Yo for the job.

Top flight corners 1) arent' worth taking up about 1/10th of your cap on one player and 2) not a need in the cover 2
                          Unless I'm missing something he has only played a handful of plays in the NFL. That's a pretty big risk going into next season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Word.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

This is the counter argument that I have been pitching. Youboty will be a fine corner but not an improvement over Clements. If the Bills aren't making a major upgrade at LB, DT or DE than we just took a step backwards. PERIOD.

Comment

Working...
                              X