PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Woodley.....

Mahdi
02-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I would love to have Lamar Woodley if we cant get Anderson or Gaines.... he has Dwight Freeney written all over him..... check out his profile and production....His size is great too for a pass rushing DE in our system, plus he can defend the run too, he's pretty stout at 6'2 --269

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2007/showplayer.php?key=LaMarr%20Woodley

Night Train
02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
In Round 2, maybe. 6-1 269

Woodley is somewhat an end/outside linebacker ‘tweener. He is somewhat similar to the Chargers’ Shawne Merriman minus the explosive pass-rush skills. Woodley is strong at the point of attack and pressures the quarterback more often than expected. He should become a good NFL strongside defensive end in a 4-3 scheme but has the versatility to be a linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

Pinkerton Security
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I dont want Dwight Freeney. We have Aaron Schobel, who has proven himself as a proven pass rusher. We need someone to stop the run. Although he may be stout, I would rather get someone even bigger who will make a real impact in the run game as opposed to someone who runs himself upfield so far he takes himself out of the play and creates a huge hole.

Tatonka
02-06-2007, 10:25 PM
per sporting news.

LaMarr Woodley
DE, Michigan
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is strong, and shows great fundamentals. Consistently plays with good leverage at the point of attack, and uses hands well to shed blocks. Shows a surprisingly explosive burst to the ball. Carries out his assignments, and never abandons his post when protecting the backside of a play. Watches for cutback runs, and comes down the line quickly to make tackles in pursuit once he determines it is not a misdirection play. Pressures the quarterback mostly through effort and determination.

Weaknesses: Is a bit short. Struggles to shed big linemen once they get their hands on him. Lacks the explosiveness off the snap to be an edge rusher.

Bottom line: Woodley is somewhat an end/outside linebacker ‘tweener. He is somewhat similar to the Chargers’ Shawne Merriman minus the explosive pass-rush skills. Woodley is strong at the point of attack and pressures the quarterback more often than expected. He should become a good NFL strongside defensive end in a 4-3 scheme but has the versatility to be a linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

they have him rated as the 66th out of the top 99 prospects.

Tatonka
02-06-2007, 10:27 PM
:rofl:

i just read that again..

they said he does a great job of using his hands to shed blocks..

then said in the negatives that he doesnt shed blocks well..

wtf.. rofl.

R. Rich
02-07-2007, 06:56 AM
I dont want Dwight Freeney. We have Aaron Schobel, who has proven himself as a proven pass rusher. We need someone to stop the run. Although he may be stout, I would rather get someone even bigger who will make a real impact in the run game as opposed to someone who runs himself upfield so far he takes himself out of the play and creates a huge hole.

Schobel is a proven proven pass rusher, alright. The proof is in his proof.

I agree that I'd love to see someone opposite Schobel that can stop the run, but also be a contributor in the pass rush. Another rush option for teams to focus on will only help the defense, particularly on third down, which is one of our defense's weak points.

R. Rich
02-07-2007, 06:59 AM
:rofl:

i just read that again..

they said he does a great job of using his hands to shed blocks..

then said in the negatives that he doesnt shed blocks well..

wtf.. rofl.

Come on, T, you know that these writers take the time to rip any player for anything.

I can recall when they blasted a defensive back for being "too little" to be effective @ the pro level, since he is only 5'8".

All Bob Sanders has done since is to be named 1st team All Pro and hoist the Lombardi trophy after his team won the NFL title.

Yeah. He'll never amount to much.

Jan Reimers
02-07-2007, 07:01 AM

Rich - It sounds like you've been doing about 80 proof already this morning.

DraftBoy
02-07-2007, 07:45 AM

I agree that I'd love to see someone opposite Schobel that can stop the run, but also be a contributor in the pass rush. Another rush option for teams to focus on will only help the defense, particularly on third down, which is one of our defense's weak points.

Quentin Moses
Charles Johnson
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams

Those are the top 4 two way DE's in this draft.

jamze132
02-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Quentin Moses
Charles Johnson
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams

I think it goes something like this...

Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Quentin Moses
Charles Johnson

R. Rich
02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Rich - It sounds like you've been doing about 80 proof already this morning.

Nah, but I did have some of this:

http://www.vinospritbolaget.com/images/stroh_rum.jpg

R. Rich
02-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Quentin Moses
Charles Johnson
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams

Go DE in the first round? I wouldn't. If you don't, you can probably kiss all 4 of them goodbye.

DraftBoy
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Go DE in the first round? I wouldn't. If you don't, you can probably kiss all 4 of them goodbye.

You know Im all about DE in the 1st round, but Moses is in a free fall and Johnson has jumped that much. Either could be avail come early 2nd Round.

DraftBoy
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I think it goes something like this...

Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Quentin Moses
Charles Johnson

I wasnt ranking them, just listing

jdbillsfan
02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I would rather have Woodley than Moses. Woodley seems to make a lot more plays. I didn't even see Moses name called in the Chick Fila Bowl. I also heard he is a bit of a tweener now.

J TES
02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Quentin Moses
Charles Johnson
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams

I hope thats not in any order.
Gaines Adams and Jamaal Anderson are by far the best two in the draft. Followed by the underrated Charles Johnson. Jarvis Moss is probably 4th followed by Adam Carricker. Quentin Moses at best is the 6th best DE in tthis draft after his terrible senior season. He better have a great combine or else watch for Anthony Spencer to move past him. I like Moses' talent, but his work ethic aint the greatest. He's got OLB in a 3/4 defense written all over him.

J TES
02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Sorry didnt read through the whole post. And I agree Moses at this point is not worth a 1st round pick, especially number 12. He could easily fall till the middle of round 2

Mahdi
02-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I Wouldnt take Woodley 12th overall, im saying if we address another position in the draft at 12 then we can either trade back up late first or early second to grab him.

jamze132
02-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Oh... my bad. So do you agree with the way I ranked them?