PDA

View Full Version : RB and WR Options?

B-DON
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Lions | Team to target Fletcher-Baker
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:25:07 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports the Detroit Lions plan to target free agent LB London Fletcher-Baker (Bills) when free agency begins in March.

Lions | Team interested in Curtis
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:55:01 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports the Detroit Lions plan to target free agent WR Kevin Curtis (Rams) when free agency begins in March.

Also,
Don Banks, of SI.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts are unlikely to re-sign RB Dominic Rhodes, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this year.

First off bye fletcher. secondly, i think we might make a run at curtis with him and fairchild having a connection. I wouyld love to have curtis on our team. Last, rhodes would be a huge addition imo cuz he would push willis and give us huge depth aT RB. Thoughts.

camelcowboy
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Fletcher to the Lions, i only hope. I believe the bills will make a run at curtis, Rhodes would be a solid back up.

Talk0fNewYork
02-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Curtis really isn't needed, he's another 3rd/4th reciever, but Rhodes filled in when James went down with the injury and is doing good now also, so i'd make a run at him.

ParanoidAndroid
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Rhodes was great off the bench for Indy. He reminded me of Kenneth Davis during the playoffs.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-07-2007, 04:00 AM
The Bills don't need Curtis and, if Rhodes leaves Indy, it will be because he wants to go to a team where he will have a chance to start and play more than if he stays with the Colts as Addai's back-up. With McGahee in Buffalo, I doubt that Rhodes would be interested unless they gave him a lot more money than it would take to re-sign A.Thomas and, even then, I doubt that he would be that interested.

I wish Fletcher-Baker well. He played hard all of the time he was with the Bills and, at times, he played well. But, the Bills decided not to re-sign him because they didn't feel that, at his size and age, he would be a good fit for the team going forward from here. And, I agree with that decision. So, I'm not in the least bit concerned about him signing elsewhere or who he signs with.

Night Train
02-07-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't think D. Rhodes seriously believes he's a workhorse full time starter, after rebuilding his knee and all these years in the league. He hadn't had a 100 yard game in 5 years, prior to the SB.

That being said, I'd like to sign him in case Willis pulls a holdout or goes down to injury.The 2008 Draft is loaded with good RB's, unlike this draft. I'm still very skeptical that Mcgahee will see another contract with the Bills and we need insurance.

kernowboy
02-07-2007, 06:47 AM
I think we will do a similar deal as the Clements one, not to tag McGahee if he attends practices and performs. Likewise resigning A-Train is a given and I am surprised people are mentioning TJ Duckett more. He'd be a hell of a load.
We might grab a 3rd down back like Eldra Buckley but the main RB ought to come in the 2008 draft

I think we might see if Rice or Meacham are around in Round 2 of the draft - otherwise we may stand pat and look at some of the big fast guys in 2008.

This years FA class is one of the poorest since the advent of Free Agency.

ICE74129
02-07-2007, 07:24 AM
The Bills don't need Curtis and, if Rhodes leaves Indy, it will be because he wants to go to a team where he will have a chance to start and play more than if he stays with the Colts as Addai's back-up. With McGahee in Buffalo, I doubt that Rhodes would be interested unless they gave him a lot more money than it would take to re-sign A.Thomas and, even then, I doubt that he would be that interested.

I wish Fletcher-Baker well. He played hard all of the time he was with the Bills and, at times, he played well. But, the Bills decided not to re-sign him because they didn't feel that, at his size and age, he would be a good fit for the team going forward from here. And, I agree with that decision. So, I'm not in the least bit concerned about him signing elsewhere or who he signs with.

Willis shouldn't even be here. Rhodes would be an upgrade at this point.

jamze132
02-07-2007, 07:44 AM
I would love to have Rhodes here and have McGahee get 2/3 of the carries. As far as Curtis goes, we don't need any other #2,#3, or #4 receivers. I fully agree with taking Dwayne Jarrett or even Ginn Jr. in the draft and let him and the rest of our backup receivers fight it out for the #2 position.

HHURRICANE
02-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Rhodes was great off the bench for Indy. He reminded me of Kenneth Davis during the playoffs.

Awesome post. Kenneth Davis was a stud as backup. That's definately what this team needs. Rhodes would be a great pickup!!