• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Mel Kiper's Latest Top Ten

Anyone catch ESPN last night? I saw Mel Kiper's latest Top Ten mock draftboard. NOw of course it's February, so who the hell knows.. But like him or not, I put more stock into what Kiper says than anyone else out there.
    INCREDIBLY, He has Brady Quinn falling all the way down to number.. Nine.. Yes, he has Quinn going to Miami.

anyway, his latest top 10..

1- Raiders- Jamarcus Russell, QB
    2- Detroit- Joe Thomas, OT
    3- Cleveland- Adrain Peterson, RB
    4- TB- Calvin Johnson, WR
    5- Arizona- Gaines Adams, DE
    6- Washington- Jamaal Anderson, DE
    7- Minnesota- Ted Ginn JR, WR
    8- HOuston- Levi Brown, OT
    9- Miami- Brady Quinn, QB
    10- Atlanta- LaRon Laundry.

I thought this was really interesting.. If he happened to be entirely right, only SF would pick before us at #12. Both Branch and Okoye would be on the board, as well as Jarrett.

For my preference PERSONALLY in this circumstance: I'd take Jarrett. He is a good route runner, has good hands, and is really big. His weakness is a lack of speed. To me, he'd be the PERFECT complimentary WR to Evans for Losman.

I just can't see the Bills going DT in round one after giving Tripplett all that money last year, drafting McCargo in round one and the surprise play of Kyle Williams.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Mel Kiper's Latest Top Ten

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Anyone catch ESPN last night? I saw Mel Kiper's latest Top Ten mock draftboard. NOw of course it's February, so who the hell knows.. But like him or not, I put more stock into what Kiper says than anyone else out there.
    INCREDIBLY, He has Brady Quinn falling all the way down to number.. Nine.. Yes, he has Quinn going to Miami.

I thought this was really interesting.. If he happened to be entirely right, only SF would pick before us at #12. Both Branch and Okoye would be on the board, as well as Jarrett.

For my preference PERSONALLY in this circumstance: I'd take Jarrett. He is a good route runner, has good hands, and is really big. His weakness is a lack of speed. To me, he'd be the PERFECT complimentary WR to Evans for Losman.

I just can't see the Bills going DT in round one after giving Tripplett all that money last year, drafting McCargo in round one and the surprise play of Kyle Williams.
    Hmmm...I think I take Branch. If he does indeed have the speed that everyone else is saying he does and at that size - I have to grab him as he should definitely be able to command double teams. I know LTBF has mentioned that he's never played the one-gap position before, but I'd have to believe that he can pick it up with his physical attributes. There is no way I can just let him slide by when our run D was as horrendous as it was last year!!!

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
      ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
      • Jan 2007

i agree perfectly, and if Jarrett is not there, i say go with Lynch

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I agree Mystic. If Branch is there, the Bills need to grab him fast!
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

I seen a couple mock drafts that had Quinn falling to Miami.

Why would Miami pick Quinn when they just traded for Culpepper? Makes no sense to me.

If Quinn falls to Miami and Miami doesn't pick him, I doubt Atlanta or San Fran will pick Quinn ahead of the Bills. What an interesting situation that would be.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I actually like Ted Ginn jr. over Calvin Johnson.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Id go with Jarrett and then Branch
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Id go with Jarrett and then Branch
                Same here. I think the pros under estimate Jarrett's ablities.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I've said this all along. This is one of these years where being #12 is a great position to be in. You are not paying top 10 money and you may end up with one of the best players in the draft. Branch, Jarrett, or Okoye are all fine by me!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    I seen a couple mock drafts that had Quinn falling to Miami.

Why would Miami pick Quinn when they just traded for Culpepper? Makes no sense to me.

If Quinn falls to Miami and Miami doesn't pick him, I doubt Atlanta or San Fran will pick Quinn ahead of the Bills. What an interesting situation that would be.
                    Yeah, real interesting. We passed on Cutler and Leinart as well. So what? You need to go find another team because JP is going to be the starter for a while. Last I looked he wasn't on the field when our D was getting run over.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

I wrote an article about this very cicumstance patmoran2006, i think Jarrett would be an ideal pick and give us the weapon we sorely need at WR, his lack of speed doesnt concern me cause we have burners in Evans, Parrish, Davis if resigned, and Price, Branch i would luv i am a huge Michigan fan, but he is known to take plays off and i agree with what u say about the McCargo, Williams pick and signing of Triplett, i think they might go after Ian Scott for the Bears in FA. we will see but i hope it goes this way
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

Yes, I agree with Jarrett for the following copy cat league scenario,

Harrison-Wayne
                        Johnson-Whosyourmomma
                        Evans-Jarrett I like it Throw in Parrish and Price, hmmm Would love to see a FA guard!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          I wrote an article about this very cicumstance patmoran2006, i think Jarrett would be an ideal pick and give us the weapon we sorely need at WR, his lack of speed doesnt concern me cause we have burners in Evans, Parrish, Davis if resigned, and Price, Branch i would luv i am a huge Michigan fan, but he is known to take plays off and i agree with what u say about the McCargo, Williams pick and signing of Triplett, i think they might go after Ian Scott for the Bears in FA. we will see but i hope it goes this way
                          I already pos repped you for your post.

I have just one question. Price is getting paid as a #2. He's really a waste of a roster spot if we sign Jarrett. That's too many WR's on the team. So who is going?

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

This doesn't make sense to me... I mean, maybe one or two of Detroit, Cleveland, TB, Houston and Minnesota pass on Quinn, but all 5? And Miami, with investments in Culpepper and Harrington, takes him at #9? I know Leinart slipped last year, but Quinn is not Leinart. Nothing is 100% but I highly doubt he slides to #9.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Jarrett is no burner, but he is faster than say Anquan Boldin who's had some success in the league, and he's both faster and bigger than the other "big receiver" on Buffalo's roster, Sam Aiken. Not to mention being light years better as a receiver.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X