I would like to see the NFL adopt this policy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I would like to see the NFL adopt this policy...

If you pull out of the probowl for ANY reason, including these 'injuries' they seem to get, you are inelligable to be elected the next year. I mean they flat take your name off the ballot for one year.

and before anyone screams they wont' do it because they lose star power, most of these stars they want there are some of the ones pulling out.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: I would like to see the NFL adopt this policy...

Does anyone actually even watch the Pro Bowl anymore? It's such a waste of time.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
      Does anyone actually even watch the Pro Bowl anymore? It's such a waste of time.
      the fact they put that moron Vince Young in there 'just because' while bypassing more deserving candidates, pretty much ended it for me.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

I'd like to see the NFL go back to having "college all-star" games...

Take the SB winner and face them against a college all-star team, instead of this "who gives a crap" game....

You'll have an NFL team actually try because they don't want to be beaten by collegians, a group of college kids who would lick their chops to win against the pros and a game that people MIGHT actually want to watch.

It would especially be good for some extra scouting by NFL teams.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Take the SB winner and face them against a college all-star team, instead of this "who gives a crap" game....

You'll have an NFL team actually try because they don't want to be beaten by collegians, a group of college kids who would lick their chops to win against the pros and a game that people MIGHT actually want to watch.

good idea but the player's union would never allow it because no one would want to get hurt.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gil
            • Mar 2005

there is no reason to even play the game - there should be still guys named to "pro-bowl" teams, but that game is useless - I wouldn't want to play in that game either and risk my career.

They should just have skill competitions and what not, but ditch the game.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Has any ever been hurt playing in the pro bowl?
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Has any ever been hurt playing in the pro bowl?

Not sure, but Robert Edwards ended his career (pretty much) playing in the flag football rookie game on a beach a few years back.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                  there is no reason to even play the game - there should be still guys named to "pro-bowl" teams, but that game is useless - I wouldn't want to play in that game either and risk my career.

They should just have skill competitions and what not, but ditch the game.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

That was a great concept that never should have been abandoned.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      Seriously. I am laughing at all these guys getting bent out of shape at what alternate is added. The pro bowl STINKS and is by far the worst all star game in pro sports.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        Seriously. I am laughing at all these guys getting bent out of shape at what alternate is added. The pro bowl STINKS and is by far the worst all star game in pro sports.
                        I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                          • Jul 2002

Remember when we used to host it?

There is really no way it can happen.

It can't be played post season because the Super Bowl team, or any other team for that matter, would never agree.

It can't be played pre-season, because the draftees teams would never agree.

It's time to end the entire thing.

Name 'em. Give them a plaque and let them stay home.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

It wouldn't work do to injuries possibly sustained in an exibition game. No one really plays to hurt anyone in the Pro Bowl, because they really don't care if they win or lose. But you make these guys TRY to win against college guys, and people would be getting jacked up for nothing.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

I think they should bring back the NFL Talent Challenge...

Comment

Working...
                              X