PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see the NFL adopt this policy...

ICE74129
02-07-2007, 09:05 AM
If you pull out of the probowl for ANY reason, including these 'injuries' they seem to get, you are inelligable to be elected the next year. I mean they flat take your name off the ballot for one year.

and before anyone screams they wont' do it because they lose star power, most of these stars they want there are some of the ones pulling out.

RockStar36
02-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Does anyone actually even watch the Pro Bowl anymore? It's such a waste of time.

ICE74129
02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Does anyone actually even watch the Pro Bowl anymore? It's such a waste of time.

the fact they put that moron Vince Young in there 'just because' while bypassing more deserving candidates, pretty much ended it for me.

Mr. Pink
02-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see the NFL go back to having "college all-star" games...

Take the SB winner and face them against a college all-star team, instead of this "who gives a crap" game....

You'll have an NFL team actually try because they don't want to be beaten by collegians, a group of college kids who would lick their chops to win against the pros and a game that people MIGHT actually want to watch.

It would especially be good for some extra scouting by NFL teams.

OpIv37
02-07-2007, 09:17 AM

Take the SB winner and face them against a college all-star team, instead of this "who gives a crap" game....

You'll have an NFL team actually try because they don't want to be beaten by collegians, a group of college kids who would lick their chops to win against the pros and a game that people MIGHT actually want to watch.

good idea but the player's union would never allow it because no one would want to get hurt.

gil
02-07-2007, 09:19 AM
there is no reason to even play the game - there should be still guys named to "pro-bowl" teams, but that game is useless - I wouldn't want to play in that game either and risk my career.

They should just have skill competitions and what not, but ditch the game.

The King
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Has any ever been hurt playing in the pro bowl?

DraftBoy
02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Has any ever been hurt playing in the pro bowl?

Not sure, but Robert Edwards ended his career (pretty much) playing in the flag football rookie game on a beach a few years back.

TacklingDummy
02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
there is no reason to even play the game - there should be still guys named to "pro-bowl" teams, but that game is useless - I wouldn't want to play in that game either and risk my career.

They should just have skill competitions and what not, but ditch the game.

:clap:

Night Train
02-07-2007, 10:38 AM

That was a great concept that never should have been abandoned.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Seriously. I am laughing at all these guys getting bent out of shape at what alternate is added. The pro bowl STINKS and is by far the worst all star game in pro sports.

Typ0
02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Seriously. I am laughing at all these guys getting bent out of shape at what alternate is added. The pro bowl STINKS and is by far the worst all star game in pro sports.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Captain gameboy
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Remember when we used to host it?

There is really no way it can happen.

It can't be played post season because the Super Bowl team, or any other team for that matter, would never agree.

It can't be played pre-season, because the draftees teams would never agree.

It's time to end the entire thing.

Name 'em. Give them a plaque and let them stay home.

jamze132
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM

It wouldn't work do to injuries possibly sustained in an exibition game. No one really plays to hurt anyone in the Pro Bowl, because they really don't care if they win or lose. But you make these guys TRY to win against college guys, and people would be getting jacked up for nothing.

Historian
02-09-2007, 04:44 AM
I think they should bring back the NFL Talent Challenge...

YardRat
02-09-2007, 05:17 AM
I don't like any all star games, but they're a 'necessary evil'. Look at how jacked up fans get when players from their favorite teams get in, or don't. They help publicize the game.

ricogarion
02-09-2007, 05:32 AM
The NFL ALL-Star game is nothing but an excuse for millionaires to go to Hawaii and hang out,often they haul their teammates along with them.Its nothing but a huge party and the game is often secondary.

R. Rich
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
What's interesting this year is that w/ all of the injuries and such, it seems like half of the league can now call themselves Pro Bowl players for this past season. If enough people continue to get hurt, maybe we'll see a 2nd string punter get a Pro Bowl nod some time in the future.

jamze132
02-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Oh Dear, LT. That was amazing! Thanks.