PDA

View Full Version : Kalinin & Numminen

Nighthawk
02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
I hate this defense pairing! In my opinion, they are the Sabres ttwo worst defenseman and having them on the same line has cost us on a number of occasions. Lindy has to get over his stubborness and not play these two on the penalty kill because they have been dreadful at getting the puck out of the zone. I'm hoping to see the Sabres make a move for defenseman and I hope that they include Kalinin in a deal to get one. He just doesn't seem be turning out the way everybody hoped he would and I don't see him coming around any time soon.

mchurchfie
02-08-2007, 02:04 AM
:bf1: I wholeheartedly agree. Kalinin is ****ing horrible. I never saw anyone that whiffs so much on the puck at the most inopportune times. He had a terrible turnover in our end that made you scratch your head and go what the **** was he thinking?? He is ****ing ******ed. So much for potential get rid of him, he is killing us.:down:

mchurchfie
02-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Numminen hasn't exactly been doing a stellar job either.

THATHURMANATOR
02-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Yes they have cost us so much that we only lead in most points in the NHL by 1.... :ill:

Yes Kalinin needs to be more careful with the puck but they are fine if you ask me.

mchurchfie
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes they have cost us so much that we only lead in most points in the NHL by 1.... :ill:

Yes Kalinin needs to be more careful with the puck but they are fine if you ask me.
If it wasn't for them we would be ahead by more than a point. Kalinin has to get much better before the playoffs. He was looking good for awhile but he has been having some terrible lapses. He isn't a rookie anymore, time for him to get with the program.

Philagape
02-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Watching Numminen makes me dread turning 38 .. will I lose all hand-eye coordination too? :ill:

I think Paetsch has moved ahead of both of them

mchurchfie
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Numminen was good last year with his puckhandling to clear the zone. Instead of doing a fast clearing pass when he had the opprtunity he would hold the puck and wait for the forchecker to engage him and then pull the it around to the other side and pass it out. I think that people are finding out that if they check him hard against the boards he ends up getting himself into trouble and coughing up the puck.

SkateZilla
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Turnover Teppo and Kalinin should not be paired together, when Spacek comes back, one of these 2 will be benched, Paetsch has easily taken their spots...