PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's forgotten man on the defensive line

Don't Panic
02-08-2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/02/bills-john-mccargo080207.html

"Perhaps McCargo can soon do for the Bills what 23-year-old, 300-pound tackle Tommie Harris has for the NFC champion Bears' Tampa 2 -- provide a dominant, young force at the forefront of the D-line."

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Lots of logic in the draft pick argument... okoyoe and Branch would be wonderful, but do they fit with Marv's strategy? Let's hope they both go above us so another player slides down.

Devin
02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
I trust Marv.

I still think McCargo is going to be a solid player. Tommie Harris....lol....no.

Jeff1220
02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I hope he's not too much like Tommie Harris...we'll need him for more than half of the season.

alohabillsfan
02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
I love how fans give up on players after their rookie season! There are a few "knowledgable" fans that I do enjoy reading their post!

OpIv37
02-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm honestly concerned about McCargo for two reasons

1. He didn't show much when he was on the field. Granted, it was his first season and he only played a few games, but he was outplayed by Kyle Williams, who went 4 rounds later in the draft.
2. He's had the same injury two years in a row. I don't want to be some panicky jackass who labels a player as "injury prone" the first time they miss a game,but there has to be some concern at this point.

Of course I'm hoping that he just needed a little more time to develop and the injury is just part of the game. Time will tell.

ICE74129
02-08-2007, 10:49 AM
McCargo wont make a wart on Tommie harris' ass. Anyone thinking so...please email me I have property I want to sell you. just send me cash and I will get you the info later...

Mahdi
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
McCargo wont make a wart on Tommie harris' ass. Anyone thinking so...please email me I have property I want to sell you. just send me cash and I will get you the info later...
Who says McCargo cant be every bit as good as Harris or better? They are close in size, plus McCargo is probably going to be adding muscle this offseason in order to fill the nose spot. Athletically you can even argue that McCargo has the edge. But whether he is or isnt better than Harris is all speculation---- lets give him a season first

alohabillsfan
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM

Harris is injury prone! And if McCargo did make a wart on his ass how would you know ne did? You sharing snicker bars with him?

alohabillsfan
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
I thought this was a Tim Anderson Thread, Sorry!

Devin
02-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Harris is injury prone! And if McCargo did make a wart on his ass how would you know ne did? You sharing snicker bars with him?

I'm sorry, perhaps you have never seen Tommie Harris play.

And for the record Harris has never missed a game until his injury in week 12 of this season.

ricogarion
02-09-2007, 04:32 AM
John McCargo will justify the Bills faith in him by being the player they hoped he would be,just an unfortunate injury as he was gaining his confidence last season.

alohabillsfan
02-09-2007, 05:07 AM
I'm sorry, perhaps you have never seen Tommie Harris play.

And for the record Harris has never missed a game until his injury in week 12 of this season.

Sorry, that was heavily laced with sarcasm!

Jan Reimers
02-09-2007, 06:48 AM
If we don't take a DT early in the draft, it will be because Marv and Dick believe that McCargo will be an impact player. After all, they took him in the first round, so they obviously saw a great deal of ability in him.

I'm more than willing to give him a chance. He was injured early on last year, so we fans don't have any idea of how good he may become.

jamze132
02-09-2007, 07:23 AM
What are you basing this opinion on?

Talk0fNewYork
02-09-2007, 08:11 AM
1. he only played a few games, but he was outplayed by Kyle Williams, who went 4 rounds later in the draft.

They play different positions, mccargo is supposed to get up field, while kw takes up blockers. You really can not compare the two.
Again we can't juge a rookie over what 5 games, Come On!

gr8slayer
02-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Just like Roy Williams is a top three safety in the league? tisk tisk tisk.

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 11:34 AM
They play different positions, mccargo is supposed to get up field, while kw takes up blockers. You really can not compare the two.
Again we can't juge a rookie over what 5 games, Come On!

so, it's ok to say that KW looked good after 5 games, but not okay to say that McCargo looked bad after 5 games? Please.

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought this was a Tim Anderson Thread, Sorry!

Tim Anderson is only forgotten by our opponents' offensive coordinators. He's so bad they don't even discuss him when game planning.