• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I'll pop the balloon: Sam Adams will not be a Bill

According to Chris Brown on WGR this morning, Adams is looking for a deal that will average between $5 and $5.5 million a year...that he felt that was fair market value. Brown also said that Adams goes to the highest bidder...i.e., it's all about the Benjamins.

Do you think TD will see that as fair market value??

Anybody watch the SB? The guy was a walking frig...and about as mobile as one...for $5 million he can wait and play for the minimum again...and this time nobody will give him the big signing bonus.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Voltron
    • Jul 2002

I agree! We don't need him that bad! We can sign some one that will do the Job for a bit less. All we need is some one to take some pressure off Big Pat!
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

• wwovince
      Squish the Freakin FISH and bury the PATSIES!!!
      • Jul 2002

I dont think that adams is looking for that much money. I think from what we heard from his agent is a cap friendly deal but who knows what that is to an agent lol. Also i think he rather go to a team with a chance at SB to up his chances for HOF
      I sell Wholesale. Anything your looking for i can get for you cheap email me!

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

Everything is speculation until it actually happens

if he thinks buffalo has a shot at winning the SB, moreso than the seahawks, he MAY elect to come here for slightly less.

if not, he has other issues.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Even if he is asking for that much money, do you think he is gonna get it? Seahawks and Bengals have already stated that they don't want Adams for the price he wants to be paid. I think we still have a shot, as long as some team doesn't overpay.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Adams' agent also said that he doesn't want to be a cap casualty and thus the "cap friendly" deal

I would give him about 4yrs-$12 million(sb $3 million) for a 2003 cap number of about $1.5 million

Comment

• ct bills fan
              • Jul 2002

I don't think it's coincidence that he's been to two of the last 3 Superbowls. This guy is like Washington used to be - he takes on two O-lineman and would free up space for Williams and the Lb's. Teams would have trouble running on us and would be forced to pass more, which would help our pass rush and thus help our Db's/safeties. Am I the only one who saw teams run up and down the field on us last year? The sight of KC running out the last 4 1/2 minutes strictly on the ground made me sick.

Now in saying that, 5 to 5.5 mm a year is too much for him. His agent said he was coming to town because there was a "general" agreement over price. Buffalo is the only place he has visited - that says a lot.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Whats with this Sam Adams HOF talk??? IMO he is no where near HOF material.

Comment

• jchild178
                  • Mar 2003

guys we need adams! ron edwards was ok last year but hes no sam adams! if we can get adams for the right price then i gaurantee he'll be wearing a bills jersey next year along with spikes(at least i hope) lol

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

It is partly coincidence though. Baltimore had one of the league's best Ds ever when he was there and he wasn't the best player on the team and arguably not even the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th best player. That team was loaded and would have done just fine w/o him.

Oakland made it to the AFCCG last year and by all rights should have won it, so to say that they made the SB this year by reason of Adams when they picked up Romo and some other guys too is inaccurate.

Adams got a $2M SB last year and he's not better than he was then. He's older and not as good as he was in Baltimore IMO. His salary last year was $$750K. $2.75 M total and only ~ $1M v. the cap.

If he signs anywhere he may get a contract worth $5.5M/yr., but most of it is gonna be for years that he'll never get paid for. He's cracked if he thinks he's gonna get $5M for this season.

Now, if we're not gonna get Adams, then I would suggest we quickly throw our hat in the ring for Thornton b/c there simply aren't a lot of great DTs out there, especially not ones worth signing to L/T contracts. Lots of older or aging, heavier DTs w/ risks and injury histories.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                      • Jul 2002

Spikes is likely barely to get much more than 5 mil per year. No way that TD pays that much for Adams, but, Adams agent already said that the Bills were in the ballpark and TD is not likely to have guys in here before he knows if he is in the range or not. Nor would the player stay another night and have dinner with players if he didn't know there was a chance at a contract. TD don't play that game.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        It is partly coincidence though. Baltimore had one of the league's best Ds ever when he was there and he wasn't the best player on the team and arguably not even the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th best player. That team was loaded and would have done just fine w/o him.
                        I'd like to see you prove that.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

Now that we're getting a first round pick we can also go after one of the stud DT's in the draft. Depending on where I've read, I've seen 6 or 7 going in the first round.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

If we can get Chester Mcglockton here for less money I say we do it. No way do we sign Adams to that much money. I don't feel there is a big difference between the two. Take Mclockton, Spikes, veteran # 3WR, and a few value depth pickups later on in FA and we should be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X