nfldraftcountdown.com has us taking Leon Hall (CB) now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

nfldraftcountdown.com has us taking Leon Hall (CB) now...

They have Okoye going to San Fran right before us and us taking Leon Hall (CB).

To re-sign Nate Clements under a one-year deal the Bills promised not to franchise him this offseason which means he is more than likely gone, leaving a gaping hole in the secondary at cornerback. There is not an elite cover guy available this year and nobody will confuse Leon Hall for Champ Bailey but he is just a very solid player who does everything real well and because he's widely regarded to be one of the top defensive backs available he will more than likely get pushed up draft boards a bit simply because of the emphasis teams put on the position. The Bills are also looking to improve their run defense but this would be way too early for Patrick Willis and it's still too soon to give up on all of the defensive tackles like John McCargo, Larry Tripplett and Kyle Williams they brought in just last offseason, although Amobi Okoye would be intriguing. At the end of the day Hall really is a perfect fit for the Bills and they would be pretty lucky to find the top rated player at arguably their greatest position of need still on the board in mid-round one.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: nfldraftcountodwn.com has us taking Leon Hall (CB) now...

In case some of you are interested in Leon Hall's profile:

Strengths:
    Very good size...A smooth athlete with fluid hips and great quickness...Physical, tough and aggressive...Does an outstanding job in run support and is a reliable tackler...A playmaker with great hands and ball skills...Very smart with excellent instincts and awareness...Is technically and fundamentally sound...Versatile and has also seen some action at safety...Hard worker with premier intangibles...Has a lot of experience against Big Ten competition...Also offers punt return potential.

Weaknesses:
    Might not have elite timed speed...Gives a big cushion in coverage...Lacks a burst and struggles to recover from mistakes...There could be some concern that he's a bit of a CB / S 'tweener, especially if he does not run well in workouts...Receivers will make some catches against him...Might profile best as a zone coverage type.

Notes:
    Terrific all-around cover guy but is not quite in the same class as guys like Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey...The Wolverines have a strong tradition of producing pro defensive backs in recent years (i.e. Ty Law, Charles Woodson and Marlin Jackson) and this guy will try and help carry on that legacy...Should easily be the first cornerback selected and he'll more than likely come off the board very early.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

Re: nfldraftcountodwn.com has us taking Leon Hall (CB) now...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please!

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Re: nfldraftcountdown.com has us taking Leon Hall (CB) now...

i watched him get burned in a few games i really hope this is not our pick
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

is that the guy Dwayne Jarret made his ***** in the Rose Bowl ??

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

aarrrrgh.... if Nate leaves (which he probably will), we will need a CB so it's not a bad pick. However, this sorta leaves us screwed at DT and LB....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsNick
              • Jul 2003

These mock picks are all a load of crap.

I'll start paying more attention in March.

Comment

• eyedog
                • Jul 2002

I would not be happy at all with Hall at #12. He's a step slow in coverage from what I saw this year and I'm not big on taking d-backs when you have that high of a draft pick. Like safties at #8.

Comment

• BillsNick
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                  I would not be happy at all with Hall at #12. He's a step slow in coverage from what I saw this year and I'm not big on taking d-backs when you have that high of a draft pick. Like safties at #8.
                  That safety we picked at #8 sure turned out to be great pick.

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Like you really need a top rated d-back for a cover 2 scheme.

Comment

• eyedog
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsNick
                      That safety we picked at #8 sure turned out to be great pick.
                      We'll see. At #8 and being a safety he had better be great or in the pro bowl.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I think Hall is our pick, unless he lays a total egg at the combine.

Comment

• BillsNick
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                          We'll see. At #8 and being a safety he had better be great or in the pro bowl.

Will being on the "All Rookie" team do, for his first year?

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

Again, it's important to note the golden rules of the offseason:

1. There is no free agency
                            2. The draft is only one round
                            3. The Bills must take (player du jour's name here)

There you have it.

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsNick
                              Will being on the "All Rookie" team do, for his first year?
                              No.

Comment

Working...
                              X