PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please describe this Run stuffing DT?

alohabillsfan
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
This is Chicago's 1 Tech (although he can intimidate with an armory)

# 99 Tank Johnson
Position: NT
Height: 6-3
Weight: 300
Born: 12/07/1981
College: Washington
NFL Experience: 3

This is Indys that shut down Chicago's

# 79 Raheem Brock
Position: DT
Height: 6-4
Weight: 274
Born: 06/10/1978
College: Temple
NFL Experience: 5

Tampa's
# 96 Ellis Wyms
Height: 6-3
Weight: 290
Born: 04/12/1979
College: Mississippi State
NFL Experience: 6

Why can't McCargo move there?

# 97 John McCargo
Height: 6-2
Weight: 295
Born: 08/19/1983
College: North Carolina State
NFL Experience: Rookie

# 95 Kyle Williams
Height: 6-1
Weight: 295
Born: 06/10/1983
College: LSU
NFL Experience: Rookie

Just curious!

eyedog
02-08-2007, 12:55 PM
None of those three stuff the run very well imo.
Maybe McCargo can, we don't know that answer yey.
Williams was a decent rotational guy, but nothing great .

My run stuffer. Controls los, doesn't get knocked off the ball, commands double teams, doesn't create seams five yards wide, and can actually make an occasional tackle somewhere within thre yds of los.
Do you know anyone like this currently on the Bills ?

The last buffalo fan
02-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Tim Anderson

is about to leave the team, he can't be that man.

OpIv37
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
it's not just size, it's how they play. Pat Williams and Sam Adams were able to stop runs by both controlling the LOS and getting into the backfield to disrupt plays. None of the guys on our roster seem to be able to do that. Go back and look at the tape of Tim Anderson being pushed 8 yards into the defensive backfield on every running play. Go look at Tripplett being stood up at the line on every passing play.

If McCargo or Williams were as disruptive in the running game as Tank Johnson and maybe got after the passer on occasion, no one would be commenting on their size.

alohabillsfan
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
it's not just size, it's how they play. Pat Williams and Sam Adams were able to stop runs by both controlling the LOS and getting into the backfield to disrupt plays. None of the guys on our roster seem to be able to do that. Go back and look at the tape of Tim Anderson being pushed 8 yards into the defensive backfield on every running play. Go look at Tripplett being stood up at the line on every passing play.

If McCargo or Williams were as disruptive in the running game as Tank Johnson and maybe got after the passer on occasion, no one would be commenting on their size.

Pat Williams in the backfield? When? And Sam Adams, sure once or twice a game and then I would say why the hell can't he do that more often? Anyways, you are right great run stoppers, but terrible pass rushers meaning you have to blitz or get picked apart. So you want 2 big fat a$$es that can't pressure the QB? If so we need to resign Nate and sign Samual because the QB is going to have all day!
Do you not understand the philosphy of the Cover 2?

Devin
02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Your also not mentioning the other players on the line.

Tank Johnson plays next to one of the best DTs in football, along with a SICK DE rotation.

Brock plays with Freeney and Mathis. Wyms was playing on the same line as Simeon Rice and McFarland.

We have Schobel. You insert a DE opposite him and I think you will see some drastic changes. Not to mention both McCargo and WIlliams were rookies. It maybe another full season ebfore they really start to come on.

alohabillsfan
02-08-2007, 04:44 PM

Tank Johnson plays next to one of the best DTs in football, along with a SICK DE rotation.

Brock plays with Freeney and Mathis. Wyms was playing on the same line as Simeon Rice and McFarland.

We have Schobel. You insert a DE opposite him and I think you will see some drastic changes. Not to mention both McCargo and WIlliams were rookies. It maybe another full season ebfore they really start to come on.

Why is Chicago's DE sick?, Statsically speaking?

Devin
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Why is Chicago's DE sick?, Statsically speaking?

Ogun, Anderson and Brown?

You mean apart from 118 tackles, 25.5 sacks, 8 forced fumbles, and 2 INT's?

That seems good. Maybe im wrong.

TigerJ
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
McCargo was just starting to blossom a bit when he was injured, but that was playing he other DT spot, not the 1 tech position. He may be OK as a 1 Tech guy, but we don't know. If Buffalo goes into next season with McCargo and Williams as the 1 tech DTs and McCargo really can't cut it, I'm not to thrilled about plan B at the moment. I like Williams as a rotational guy, but I don't know that he has what it takes to go full time. I think he's going to get pushed around on running plays.

Mahdi
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
McCargo was just starting to blossom a bit when he was injured, but that was playing he other DT spot, not the 1 tech position. He may be OK as a 1 Tech guy, but we don't know. If Buffalo goes into next season with McCargo and Williams as the 1 tech DTs and McCargo really can't cut it, I'm not to thrilled about plan B at the moment. I like Williams as a rotational guy, but I don't know that he has what it takes to go full time. I think he's going to get pushed around on running plays.
WIlliams and McCargo just need to put some muscle mass on and theyll be fine.... a good offseason for those two and I expect big things from them next season.

alohabillsfan
02-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Ogun, Anderson and Brown?

You mean apart from 118 tackles, 25.5 sacks, 8 forced fumbles, and 2 INT's?

That seems good. Maybe im wrong.

Or maybe Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney~ 168 tackles, 25.5 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, and no interceptions.. I gues Buffalos ain't sick, maybe just queezy!

jamze132
02-09-2007, 07:26 AM

Yeah and Tripplett and Williams played next to Tim Anderson, the baddest MOFO in the AFC! What's your point?

j/k

Bert102176
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
where was that sick D of Chicago in the Super Bowl

DraftBoy
02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
where was that sick D of Chicago in the Super Bowl

You take out arguably the best DT in the game and lets see how any Dline would do.