• Nov 2004

"The Worst Coaching Decision of the Last Decade, Bar None"

Jon
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: "The Worst Coaching Decision of the Last Decade, Bar None"

" He makes a great puppet ! " - Jerry Jones
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

This is stupid.

Lane Kiffin???????

Wade is a good coach and Ralph **** the bed when he fired him.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

Wade is gonna do good in Dallas he was a good coach here as far as I remember he was the coach the last time we went to the playoffs and I think we should of kept him
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I think Wade would be better off sticking with coordinating than being HC in Dallas. Besides...it makes me feel a little better about the Williams and Mularkey hirings...We didn't get press like this when those guys were brought on board in Buffalo .
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

I agree it was a terrible decision as Flutie was way superior to RJ, but I doubt it was the worst decision of the decade.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Flutie was superior...until everyone figured-him-out. Then he was equally as useless as RJ.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

TO is going to walk all over Wade.

Comment

• ricogarion
                  • Apr 2003

Don't underestimate Wade he has experience and is a great coach of defenses,if he can keep jerry Jones at bay long enough he might just win in Big D.
                  I'm your huckleberry.

Wyatt Earp: "Been hitting it awful hard, haven't ya?"

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

I like the hire. Wade has been on the short side of two sticks now - a Denver team on the decline and a Buffalo team trying to move on after Kelly, Thurman, and company. He has an overall solid winning record. You can point out his error and quirks, but bottom line is this: how has Buffalo done since Wade was fired? And I cannot fault a guy for standing behind his subordinates, the STC as the case was in Buffalo.

Dallas is on the upswing. Good place for Wade to try again. Plus, isn't Wade a Texas guy? I wish him the best. May his decisions be quicker and more decisive this time around.
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

It's only a matter of time before Phillips and Owens bump heads. We ge to play Dallas next year, but I doubt they have Drew, which would be awesome, especially if he could start!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        Flutie was superior...until everyone figured-him-out. Then he was equally as useless as RJ.
                        I don't understand your comment. Whether you like him or not, Flutie was 21-9 as the starter between 1998 and 2000, while Johnson was 8-10.

Flutie was never a great NFL QB, but he won when he was here, and was much better than Johnson.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          This is stupid.

Wade is a good coach and Ralph **** the bed when he fired him.
                          Uhh...I have to agree with my physician here.

And while he may not be Bill Parcells, you hire Wade Phillips....you also hire his Father as a consultant. Wade told me once that he picks his Dad's brain several times a week.

And now for this paragraph:

In Denver, Phillips squandered two of John Elway's best seasons with records of 7-9 and 9-7. But that was nothing compared to Buffalo. Yes, in Buffalo he had seasons of 10-6 and 11-5. Yes, the Bills only lost in the 1999 playoffs because of a fluke play (The Music City Miracle). But Phillips proved he shouldn't be a head coach with one decision: the decision to play Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie.
                          They were 10-6 and 11-5, but if you throw those out, he sucks.

Sorry...It just reeks of chicken wing sauce.

Comment

• ricogarion
                            • Apr 2003

The Monday night debacle when Wade gave up on any chance to make the playoffs had me feeling like setting his hair on fire other than that he was ok here and did a good job.But never and I mean never give up on a shot for the playoffs that lefta serious sour taste in my mouth.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

Wyatt Earp: "Been hitting it awful hard, haven't ya?"

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Iehoshua
                              • Jan 2003

Who really made the decision to start Johnson? My understanding was it came from Ralph...

Even if so, Wade shouldn't have listened, but that is a tough position to be in, and he did stick to his guns when he was told to fire his own coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                              X