PDA

View Full Version : Please don't slam Whitner for .....

jamze132
02-09-2007, 07:32 AM
not making the same Pro Bowl that Vince ****in' Young made. I think it's a complete mockery and an insult to every player who actually deserves to be there. Say what you want about the marketing excuse. We all know why he is there. It's complete bullshizer.

disclaimer:

And for the record, I am not mad because Donte didn't make the Pro Bowl. I was just using his name as an example since some people are down on him since the 8th overall pick in the draft didn't make the Pro Bowl.

SquishDaFish
02-09-2007, 07:45 AM
I totally agree. Vince Young getting in makes the probowl a bigger joke then it already was.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Are you f'n kidding me?

Didn't he win like almost ALL of his starts, on a bad team.. as a rookie?

and if you really want to know why he's in the Pro Bowl (as an alternate) by the way. Look for an example when he literally pissed all over the bills in a critical game with playoff implications at the time.

I think its a complete joke on this board how some people who are definitely very knowledgable of football can be that biased because they dont like the player personally or he's not a Bill.

next thing we'll be hearing is that Losman deserved the Pro Bowl over Young.

Vince Young is a WINNER.. They will be a playoff team next year.. Get over it, he's not another Micheal VIck.

HHURRICANE
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Are you f'n kidding me?

and if you really want to know why he's in the Pro Bowl (as an alternate) by the way. Look for an example when he literally pissed all over the bills in a critical game with playoff implications at the time.

I think its a complete joke on this board how some people who are definitely very knowledgable of football can be that biased because they dont like the player personally or he's not a Bill.

Vince Young is a WINNER.. They will be a playoff team next year.. Get over it, he's not another Micheal VIck.

Maybe I'm confused here. Is the Pro Bowl in place to recognize the best players at their positions or is it to recognize "winners"?

There is no doubt that Vince Young is a great athlete but last I looked he is a QB and his numbers were down right pitiful.

jamze132
02-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Are you f'n kidding me?

Who cares if the guy was on a team that beat the Bills with playoff implimentations on the line? Look at his stats for the season and tell me if he honestly deserves to be at the Pro Bowl over guys named Tom Brady and even Damon Huard. And for the record, the Titans run game is what beat the Bills late in the game.

HHURRICANE
02-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Who cares if the guy was on a team that beat the Bills with playoff implimentations on the line? Look at his stats for the season and tell me if he honestly deserves to be at the Pro Bowl over guys named Tom Brady and even Damon Huard. And for the record, the Titans run game is what beat the Bills late in the game.

Yep, game, set, match. Great post!!

For everyone else. On the game winning drive that started at the Titans 10 yard line. There was one pass out of 13 plays.

Nobody is arguing that Vince Young doesn't have globs of talent and Machisma!!! He didn't deserve to be in a Pro Bowl. PERIOD. This is why the NFL is going the way of the NBA.

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Guys, Vince young shouldn't have been ROTY, but he was. Its all HYPE to SELL MERCHANDISE.

DraftBoy
02-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Are you f'n kidding me?

Complete agreement, way too much hate here for non Bills players.

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 09:12 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by patmoran2006
Are you f'n kidding me?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Pure and absolute crap which is your norm. Vince Young will never be anything more than a slower Mike Vick. Now that teams have film on him they will spy him and force him to throw and he will no ammount to crap.

We all know your JP hate and your support for Young, so I wouldn't be talking to anyone about being Biased

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Complete agreement, way too much hate here for non Bills players.

Its not hate, its fact. Young is nothing but hype. It took OU losing 11 starters (Most of them to the NFL) AND Adrian Peterson on the bench to finally beat OU. Until then he got bent over and rode hard when playing real competition. Now for the clowns saying AP is over rated for who he played, Funny...OU and Tex ASS play the same teams. So are they BOTH over rated or not? You can't have it both ways

DraftBoy
02-09-2007, 10:16 AM

Pot Kettle Black

DraftBoy
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Its not hate, its fact. Young is nothing but hype. It took OU losing 11 starters (Most of them to the NFL) AND Adrian Peterson on the bench to finally beat OU. Until then he got bent over and rode hard when playing real competition. Now for the clowns saying AP is over rated for who he played, Funny...OU and Tex ASS play the same teams. So are they BOTH over rated or not? You can't have it both ways

back to your bias now, you still havent provided one shred of evidence while he'll be bad and it sure as hell wont be his W-L record.

Jeff1220
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Its not hate, its fact.

Actually, it is opinion, not fact. Get out your Webster's.

ublinkwescore
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Are you f'n kidding me?

he didn't really piss all over the bills, Jauron made a few boneheaded calls that ultimately screwed us - like passing on 3rd and one when McGahee had been effective all afternoon.

and then punting on the very next play when it was late in the game - at some point, you've got to realize your D is tired from chasing VY all over the field, and that they aren't gonna get off the field in time to give your O another crack at winning the game, so you might as well go for it on 4th and one (that shouldn't have been 4th and one because we would have probably picked up the yard if we would have called McGahee's #).

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
back to your bias now, you still havent provided one shred of evidence while he'll be bad and it sure as hell wont be his W-L record.

I posted FACT its right there on film. Young was NOTHING until OU lost over 1/2 its starters.

Now is AD the real deal? If not then neither is young, they played the same competition

TacklingDummy
02-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Already heard it.

Homers are funny.

Devin
02-09-2007, 12:04 PM
he didn't really piss all over the bills, Jauron made a few boneheaded calls that ultimately screwed us - like passing on 3rd and one when McGahee had been effective all afternoon.

While one could argue the playcalling was less then stellar, VInce Young straight up abused our D that game. Id go so far as to say he put the Titans on his back and carried them in that game.

He had a 36 yard run for a TD that made our entire, yes....ENTIRE, defense just look silly. And both his TD tosses were pretty well thrown strikes as well.

While I may disagree with the ROTY voting, personally I thought Colston was the more valuable player........especially for where in the draft he went and to what team, however I am a little bias.

I was a Young doubter for awhile but Young made a believer out of me, hes like Vick with not only better intangibles but a better mind for the game.

STAMPY
02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
You people need to stop looking at QB rating. it is the dumbest stat out there. Just look at the Wins. And yes, Vince Young carried the titans to those Wins. Leading a team gets my vote. Don't ever mention Damon huard.

Dr. Lecter
02-09-2007, 01:02 PM
You people need to stop looking at QB rating. it is the dumbest stat out there. Just look at the Wins. And yes, Vince Young carried the titans to those Wins. Leading a team gets my vote. Don't ever mention Damon huard.

So we should let you use your criteria selectively?

STAMPY
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
So we should let you use your criteria selectively?

No, but what you need to do is stop whining about Young's selection. The kids a stud. I'd wet my pants if he was our qb. He deserved his alternate selection

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM
No, but what you need to do is stop whining about Young's selection. The kids a stud. I'd wet my pants if he was our qb. He deserved his alternate selection

Id quit being a bills fan if that gimick was on our team. he is nothing but hype and that is going to show now that teams have film on him

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
1- What was Tennessee's record BEFORE Vince Young started games? and what was their record AFTER he was put into the starting lineup? anyone?

2- Vince Young wasn't elected to the Pro Bowl.. He was an injury replacement. If he doesnt deserve to be there, instead of bashing the man I'd like to hear who should be in the game.. Tom Brady clearly didnt want to play. Chad Pennington is a valid arguement.. PLEASE do NOT tell me JP Losman.

Philagape
02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't understand why QBs like Young and Vick who have an unconventional playing style are derisively called "gimmicks." What does it matter how they play if they help their team win? They can wear capes and clown wigs if they want, but who cares if they help their team win?

Night Train
02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I completely agree with the PTI boys ( Tony K and Wilbon ) who stated the Pro Bowl should just be canceled. Too much risk and 20-30 % of the players back out every year, not wanting to go.

I haven't watched it since Tasker was the MVP. It's a complete non-event.

Philagape
02-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Well the Sabres are on at the same time, so I guess I'll have to miss it. Gosh darn it all to heck!

jamze132
02-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Guys, Vince young shouldn't have been ROTY, but he was. Its all HYPE to SELL MERCHANDISE.
We all knwo this. Which it is also the reason why it is pure bull****. Why doesn't the NFL focus more on athletes like LT, Urlacher,etc.? Because they wouldn't sell? I dunno.

jamze132
02-10-2007, 01:29 AM
1- What was Tennessee's record BEFORE Vince Young started games? and what was their record AFTER he was put into the starting lineup? anyone?

2- Vince Young wasn't elected to the Pro Bowl.. He was an injury replacement. If he doesnt deserve to be there, instead of bashing the man I'd like to hear who should be in the game.. Tom Brady clearly didnt want to play. Chad Pennington is a valid arguement.. PLEASE do NOT tell me JP Losman.
Damon Huard?

YardRat
02-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Id quit being a bills fan if that gimick was on our team. he is nothing but hype and that is going to show now that teams have film on him

I think you should wait until he plays a full 16 game schedule before passing judgement.

Sure, his stats aren't all that great, but what can you expect from a rookie who has a crappy offensive line, a crappy defense, no legit #2 WR, a retread at RB, a head coach who yanked him around last year by starting Collins ahead of him, and an offensive coordinator that wouldn't give him the full playbook to use?

Oh....and did I mention the owner sucks, also? Cheap bastard. I'd be pissed if I were a Titans fan and they don't end up signing Steinbach, Briggs, Clements, etc.

HHURRICANE
02-10-2007, 10:04 AM

There are plenty of teams that won with less than stellar QB play. Rex Grossman would be one example. YPA is what player personnel use and Vince's was a 6.1. That's pathetic and isn't a QB rating.

DraftBoy
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I posted FACT its right there on film. Young was NOTHING until OU lost over 1/2 its starters.

Now is AD the real deal? If not then neither is young, they played the same competition

Yes because God knows we can only judge a player based on what he does v. OU. And you say you dont have any bias...:rofl:

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM

so one can't make the arguement that maybe the rest of the team improved, and that Vince Young happened to be riding the coat-tails???

I'm not saying one way or another, but I don't think he should have gone to the probowl with a slightly better than .500 record if that's what your basing it on.

He's still a rookie, and I think some dues need to be paid and some consistency shown before we crown him the cream of the crop.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 12:46 AM
I think you should wait until he plays a full 16 game schedule before passing judgement.

Sure, his stats aren't all that great, but what can you expect from a rookie who has a crappy offensive line, a crappy defense, no legit #2 WR, a retread at RB, a head coach who yanked him around last year by starting Collins ahead of him, and an offensive coordinator that wouldn't give him the full playbook to use?

Oh....and did I mention the owner sucks, also? Cheap bastard. I'd be pissed if I were a Titans fan and they don't end up signing Steinbach, Briggs, Clements, etc.

Did they really yank him around?

I thought they pulled Collins for good and went with Young from then on out.

YardRat
02-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Did they really yank him around?

I thought they pulled Collins for good and went with Young from then on out.

They did, I was stretching the point. Of course, 'from then on out' for Tennessee meant 'winning'.

patmoran2006
02-11-2007, 11:02 AM

Great post.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 12:30 PM
the Titans finished 8-8 - Vince Young's record was 8-7 - he played in all but one game - that's quite a stretch to say they yanked him around.

one game over .500 could have best case scenario equated to a 9-7 record - not a record that's good enough for the playoffs usually - at least in the AFC.

jamze132
02-11-2007, 03:13 PM
the Titans finished 8-8 - Vince Young's record was 8-7 - he played in all but one game - that's quite a stretch to say they yanked him around.

one game over .500 could have best case scenario equated to a 9-7 record - not a record that's good enough for the playoffs usually - at least in the AFC.
Nice post... to caveat... The Titan's defense played pretty well over all the second half of the season. The last time checked, Vince Young didn't play Ironman.

ublinkwescore
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Nice post... to caveat... The Titan's defense played pretty well over all the second half of the season. The last time checked, Vince Young didn't play Ironman.

I wish a certain zoner on here was smart enough to realize how good our O really was the second half of the season with a certain someone under center - I have seen him point to our end of season rankings, but he doesn't acknowledge that it's a cumulative ranking - not one that shows whether or not a team got better or worse as the season wore on - which does happen every year to every team - some teams start off strong, and then fall apart, and some teams stink it up at the start (like the seahawks) and then come back around to make the playoffs.

jamze132
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I wish a certain zoner on here was smart enough to realize how good our O really was the second half of the season with a certain someone under center - I have seen him point to our end of season rankings, but he doesn't acknowledge that it's a cumulative ranking - not one that shows whether or not a team got better or worse as the season wore on - which does happen every year to every team - some teams start off strong, and then fall apart, and some teams stink it up at the start (like the seahawks) and then come back around to make the playoffs.
Touche'

Pinkerton Security
02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I feel like, lost in some of this, is Travis Henry's play. He was real solid and, IMHO, thoroughly helped VY through some of the wins.

GO BILLS!!! (and former bills i wish we had held onto :oops:)