PDA

View Full Version : When Nate gets back from playing in the Pro Bowl...

HHURRICANE
02-09-2007, 07:43 AM
When Nate get's back from the Pro Bowl we need to sit down and figure how much more than Champ Bailey he deserves. I know he wants #1 money I'm just trying to figure out if a 20 million dollar signing bonus is enough? His loyalty to Buffalo is worth something.

Any thoughts.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 07:50 AM
SOmeone will give him too much money for him to stay here.

RockStar36
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm a little confused about the thread title.

HHURRICANE
02-09-2007, 07:57 AM

I assumed that a guy that want's to be paid as a #1 player at his position made the Pro Bowl.

jamze132
02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
I assumed that a guy that want's to be paid as a #1 player at his position made the Pro Bowl.
ROFL

RockStar36
02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Ah...you forgot the /sarcasm.

I need that. I'm a little slow this early in the AM.

Romes
02-09-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm with you...cause...umm...nate's not in the pro bowl...

Romes
02-09-2007, 08:00 AM

Oh...ok...cool...i get it now :up:

HHURRICANE
02-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I have to tell you that Nate isn't the kind of player the Bills want anyway.

There is no loyalty. He wanted top money irregardless of where he plays. That's not a winner to me. Not once have I heard him say let me play for a winner.

Like I said we did a lot of losing with Moulds, Fletcher, and Clements. I'm not so sure that Nate is going to be this huge loss that everyone is expecting. Youboty, if he is not a mental basket case, should fill in quite well. He's not a true 3rd rounder. His only knock was sometimes gambling and giving up the big play but he is a SOLID player.

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh wait! You mean he wants #1 money but isn't even the #1 CB in the AFC let alone the NFL?

Gee, Immagine that...

Talk0fNewYork
02-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Wait why the hell do you think he's in the pro bowl? Samuel didn't make it so there no way in hell clements did!

bigbub2352
02-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I am not a fan of overpaying, but we consistently let out prime players leave her to solidify other teams, I think we do sign Nate, then we have a solid secondary maybe best in the league for the next 5 years, with 2 safties coming into there prime and terrance Mc Gee back to form, there is one area we dont need to focus on at all, we got the money How bout we sign one of outr guys for a change

Mitchy moo
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Why are we bringing up fantasy situations here?? Nate is leaving Buffalo for greener pastures.

gil
02-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Wonderful bit of sarcasm there, thanks

My guess is, once Nate gets paid, he disappears just like he did for large parts of the last 2 seasons.

I'll never forget how Chambers torched him in Miami.

Michael82
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
When Nate get's back from the Pro Bowl we need to sit down and figure how much more than Champ Bailey he deserves. I know he wants #1 money I'm just trying to figure out if a 20 million dollar signing bonus is enough? His loyalty to Buffalo is worth something.

Any thoughts.
:lmao: Good post, man!

camelcowboy
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Considering every probowl player is trying to get a dr's note to avoid having to go. I put little stock in that game.

Nate is a good corner, not worth the money he's going to get though.

SquishDaFish
02-09-2007, 12:04 PM
RLMFAO

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I am not a fan of overpaying, but we consistently let out prime players leave her to solidify other teams, I think we do sign Nate, then we have a solid secondary maybe best in the league for the next 5 years, with 2 safties coming into there prime and terrance Mc Gee back to form, there is one area we dont need to focus on at all, we got the money How bout we sign one of outr guys for a change

Thats bad football. Let him walk and bring in talent at DL and LB and OL

BillsFever21
02-10-2007, 04:39 AM
I have to tell you that Nate isn't the kind of player the Bills want anyway.

There is no loyalty. He wanted top money irregardless of where he plays. That's not a winner to me. Not once have I heard him say let me play for a winner.

Like I said we did a lot of losing with Moulds, Fletcher, and Clements. I'm not so sure that Nate is going to be this huge loss that everyone is expecting. Youboty, if he is not a mental basket case, should fill in quite well. He's not a true 3rd rounder. His only knock was sometimes gambling and giving up the big play but he is a SOLID player.

And you know this how??? Because he was good in college like everybody else who gets drafted?

The guy wasn't even good enough to see any action on the field and couldn't even crack the gameday roster for most of the season. He's sure gonna step right in and make everybody forget about Clements. He will even IMPROVE one of the best pass defenses in the league.

And who cares about the Pro Bowl. It's voted in by a bunch of fans. Most of them haven't even seen the player they're voting for play. Some of the players they have probably never even heard of.

Look how long it took Aaron Schobel ad Brian Moorman to crack the Pro Bowl. Tom Brady didn't get voted into the Pro Bowl either this year. I guess he sucked this year too.

YardRat
02-10-2007, 05:16 AM
If going to a Pro Bowl is the benchmark for how good a player is, than the argument over who's a better QB, Young or Losman, should be over as of this week.

Clements and Samuels are the top two players at their position for this FA period, and that's the only thing that matters. The market is going to demand they both get big contracts.

alohabillsfan
02-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Spend the Nate money (70 million) to resign, K. Thomes (Nickle back), C. Kelsay, and sign E. Steinbach and Dielman! That would be my perfect FA class.

Draft 1 MLB Willis
2 DT
3 CB
4 RB (anyone will do behind that line)
6 BPA
7 FB need replacement for Shelton

I could live with that, would really like to see a vet cover 2 corner to help our young secondary!

kernowboy
02-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Loyalty to Buffalo? what loyalty .....

replace him with Roderick Hood or Ken Lucas if the latter gets cut.
sign Kris Dielmann at RG
sign Napolean Harris at MLB
sign Patrick Kerney at LE (if at all possible) a leader for the D
sign Kelley Washington at WR (poss No2 - adds size)

resign Kelsay or Hargrove, K.Thomas, A.Thomas, Gandy

draft

R1. LB Timmons, Willis, Posluzny even if we get to trade down
R2. a WR or TE - Rice, Meacham or Olsen
R3. DT - Harrell?
R4. OL - a T, G, or C - Mike Otto?
R6. 3rd down scatback - Eldra Buckley?
R7. FB - maybe Jesse Adams

Michael82
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Sign Nick Harper to a decent contract to slide in as CB 1 until Youboty is ready. :up: