PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mock draft of 1st round.....

SquishDaFish
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Has us taking.... CB Aaron Ross from Texas
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft020807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Has us taking.... CB Aaron Ross from Texas
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft020807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

More morons that are too interested in Madden to discuss real football. If any of these clowns watched this team they would realise we dont' need CB's. We need help on both lines and at LB

Earthquake Enyart
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Face it. We're picking a CB or we're trading down.

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 01:49 PM

We do and this team sucks for years and ralph might as well move them now. We don't need CB's.

RockStar36
02-09-2007, 01:51 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE HAVE YOUBOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlton Bailey
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
We don't need CBs, Ice? I agree I wouldn't be thrilled with one in the first round, but you can't go into the season banking on Youboty and McGee.

Earthquake Enyart
02-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Ross or Hall would be great picks.

Dr. Lecter
02-09-2007, 02:12 PM
We do and this team sucks for years and ralph might as well move them now. We don't need CB's.

For years?

Getting a bit dramatic today?

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 02:21 PM
We better not draft a CB.

You dont continue to progress by replacing Top 10 CB's in this league with rookies in the starting lineup..

I think this team BETTER show a committment to winning this offseason, or they are going to further alienate a lot of fans.

I wouldnt pay Clements either, but they better go out and get themselves an established, mid-level starter to take his place..

Whitner and Simpson are still learning the game, and McGee was shaky last year and you want to stick ANOTHER ROOKIE to start in the secondary.

You gotta be kidding me.. Im getting riled up over nothing becasue there is NO WAY Levy is drafting a CB with the 12th pick.. Not a chance, he's not that stupid.

Night Train
02-09-2007, 02:23 PM

I doubt it. The college CB field is deep and it's hard to seperate several guys. There are no standouts.

Your assumption, wrong to a fault, is that anyone who disagrees with a CB in Round 1 is madly in love with Youboty.

My contention is that a Vet CB in the Cover 2 can be found in FA, prior to the draft. We know EVERYONE is aware of Nate and A.Samuel. They will both get the Brinks truck. Other FA's such as Tory James of Cinci, Travis Fisher of St. Louis, Nick Harper of Indy, Roderick Hood of Philly would be fine in a Cover 2 D and wouldn't break the bank.

Luisito23
02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Other FA's such as Tory James of Cinci, Travis Fisher of St. Louis, Nick Harper of Indy, Roderick Hood of Philly would be fine in a Cover 2 D and wouldn't break the bank.

I would be more than fine going into the season with any of those....

GO BILLS!!!!!

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I doubt it. The college CB field is deep and it's hard to seperate several guys. There are no standouts.

Your assumption, wrong to a fault, is that anyone who disagrees with a CB in Round 1 is madly in love with Youboty.

My contention is that a Vet CB in the Cover 2 can be found in FA, prior to the draft. We know EVERYONE is aware of Nate and A.Samuel. They will both get the Brinks truck. Other FA's such as Tory James of Cinci, Travis Fisher of St. Louis, Nick Harper of Indy, Roderick Hood of Philly would be fine in a Cover 2 D and wouldn't break the bank.

you are 1000% right and that is exactly what I expect Buffalo to do.. A mid-tier, mid-level experienced guy at the corner spot is what they should and almost have to do.

As I stated earlier, you cant have THAT much youth and inexperience ina secondary when your front seven is not absolutely dominating.

Buffalo may very well take a CB in the draft, but it sure as hell better not be with the 12th pick.

The play here is a guy like James or Harper, while Youboty gets some solid experience this year as the nickel guy.

And with the money saved, thats another key spot (Guard maybe or DE) that can also be addressed via FA.

alohabillsfan
02-09-2007, 02:42 PM
The only way Marv picks a CB at 12 is if all the safeties are off the board...

/sarcasm

I really believe this pick is DT/LB or WR no other position at 12 has a player I would want...

OT Levi =nope
OG= nope to early
RB= Luxury pick we can't afford, as Draft boy stated 2008 is loaded.
DE=Wild card but I think Marv will resign Kelsay and Hardgrove.
TE= To early for Olsen or Miller (but I think Olsen and Miller are going to be great)

I think FA will clear up our needs for the 12th pick!

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM

Thank you. Finally someone with a football mind speaks out besides me. And as anyone with a brain knows, its the front 7 that makes DB's much better.
THAT is our weakness.

Look for harper to be signed by the bills within a couple days of FA opening if not re signed by indy

ICE74129
02-09-2007, 02:55 PM
The only way Marv picks a CB at 12 is if all the safeties are off the board...

/sarcasm

I really believe this pick is DT/LB or WR no other position at 12 has a player I would want...

OT Levi =nope
OG= nope to early
RB= Luxury pick we can't afford, as Draft boy stated 2008 is loaded.
DE=Wild card but I think Marv will resign Kelsay and Hardgrove.
TE= To early for Olsen or Miller (but I think Olsen and Miller are going to be great)

I think FA will clear up our needs for the 12th pick!

If we stay at 12 its a ILB or LDE or MAYBE a WR. Count on it

RedEyE
02-09-2007, 02:56 PM
If we stay at 12 its a ILB or LDE or MAYBE a WR. Count on it
or CB, or OT....

Dr. Lecter
02-09-2007, 02:59 PM
or CB, or OT....

If they draft an OT I will scream like a 2 year old who just had his lollipop taken away.

RedEyE
02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
If they draft an OT I will scream like a 2 year old who just had his lollipop taken away.

I don't really care as long as it's not a QB, or S.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Out of curiosity, why?

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I dont know an awful lot about Levi Brown yet.. but if he's worthy of a 12th pick and would be a solid RT alongside Peters, I'd have no problem with the pick.

Im FAR from sold on Pennington.. Just because he started doesnt mean he is the long term answer.

Dr. Lecter
02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Out of curiosity, why?

Because you and I have different opinions on Pennington. I am much more concerned with the lines interior than I am the tackle position.

Pennington improved by leaps and bounds the last 5 weeks of the season. With his raw ability and McNally coaching him, I think tackle is set.

Bert102176
02-09-2007, 11:08 PM
to hell with a db in rd 1

kernowboy
02-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Because you and I have different opinions on Pennington. I am much more concerned with the lines interior than I am the tackle position.

Pennington improved by leaps and bounds the last 5 weeks of the season. With his raw ability and McNally coaching him, I think tackle is set.

I also agree.

We won't be drafting a QB or a S :str8face:

A RB would be a luxury pick as would a OT as I think the team like the 2 Ps and I still think Butler could become a very useful RT

G and C would be way too high.

We have 4 potentially reasonable ends in Denney, Kelsay, Schobel and Hargrove if all are signed. Jamaal Anderson has been a one season wonder to date so only if Kerney became available would we maybe change this.

At TE & WR it's not ideal but a not insignificant amount has been invested there already and I don't think its considered a priority.

At CB and LB there are vacancies but we may have addressed the former last year with Youboty and won't spend a high pick unless we are certain he is not the answer.

So it comes down to DT and LB. We ideally need 4 tackles to rotate and keep fresh .. we currently have 3 plus Tim Anderson.

Our MLB is likely gone, and it won't have gone unnoticed that we lost our other two starters to injuries throughout the season. I am not comfortable with the idea of having to start Wire, Haggan or DiGiorgio. I doubt the management is either and depending how they evaluate Spikes we coud be creating a second vacancy as well

What we do need is a standout leader for the D, an Urlacher or a Bruschi or a Thomas with character, energy and respect of the team. He may not have to be the best player - but he needs to be the leader on the field