• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Bills - 2007 outlook - John Clayton

Buffalo Bills
    Cap room: $33 million
    It's hard to tell whether the Bills are ready to jump the 8-8 hurdle. Dick Jauron brought an air of stability to the franchise last season. J.P. Losman showed signs of being a promising young quarterback. But if the Bills make the wrong decisions in free agency, they will be in danger of sliding back. They figure to lose cornerback Nate Clements. They could lose linebacker London Fletcher and defensive end Chris Kelsay. With $33 million of cap room, it's hard to believe they would lose anyone, but these are the decisions facing Jauron and general manager Marv Levy. Finding a replacement for Clements will be impossible in this market unless they get Asante Samuel from New England. They will probably cut quarterback Kelly Holcomb. The Bills should be able to make some major upgrades along the offensive line. Mike Gandy is a free agent, and the Bills have to decide if they want to keep Chris Villarrial at guard. Through the draft and free agency, they have enough ammunition to improve the shaky blocking from last season. The line is the thinnest unit on the team.

Who's in the best shape entering the offseason? John Clayton takes an early look at how all 32 teams stack up for 2007.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Bills - 2007 outlook - John Clayton

Thanks for those gems of knowledge Clayton.

Douchebag.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Clayton had the Dolphins winning the whole AFC last August.

Any questions ?
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Devin
        Thanks for those gems of knowledge Clayton.

Douchebag.

ROFL, Good one!

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Night Train

Any questions ?
          None At All!

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

If I had my way (and I dont) I'd bring back Clements AND Fletcher, sign a key RG and a DE in FA and then draft for the rest.

Sounds too good to be true, though they more than would have the money to do it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gil
              • Mar 2005

I'm sorry, Clements is not irreplaceable - maybe my eyes have deceived me, but I think he gets burned quite a bit - and other times he makes really good plays - which is what you can say about a lot, if not most CB's in this league.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

For some reason, I don't see the need to pay $70 mil for a CB in a cover 2 system with two up anc doming safeties who already have a year of experiece working together.

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train

Any questions ?
                  That was with a healthy Daunte and Ricky and if I'm not mistaken, many had us winning the division and going deep in the playoffs. We ended the season with a top 5 D and an offense that ranked higher then you'rs...much higher, I'm sure a healthy Daunte and Ricky splitting carries with Ronnie would have made a big difference with the outcome of the season.

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    If I had my way (and I dont) I'd bring back Clements AND Fletcher, sign a key RG and a DE in FA and then draft for the rest.

Sounds too good to be true, though they more than would have the money to do it.
                    Well you got a better chance of seeing that with Marv in charge.

Comment

What is interesting about the article is the possible players who could still become cap victims or have had their contracts voided. If we picked up

Napolean Harris MLB (contract voided)
                      Ken Lucas CB (cap victim?)
                      Pat Kerney DE (contract voided)
                      Kelley Washington WR

All of these offer a solid look to the team especially the defence in 2007

Comment

• Oaklandraider
                        Smarter than they think
                        • May 2005

clayton=chicken little

the guy is always giving wrong info just like mortensen over there a BSPN(bull **** sports network).

The idiot clayton said the raiders had the worst cap in the Nfl yet they are 25 million under the cap LOL

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Clayton is a pipsqueak. I can't stand that pencil neck.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I think we need a bigger, badder MLB, even though Fletch gives his all, and I wouldn't pay Clements the outrageous money that he will most likely command. We can fill a lot of needs with the savings we'll realize from not re-signing these two.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Statman
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              That was with a healthy Daunte and Ricky and if I'm not mistaken, many had us winning the division and going deep in the playoffs. We ended the season with a top 5 D and an offense that ranked higher then you'rs...much higher, I'm sure a healthy Daunte and Ricky splitting carries with Ronnie would have made a big difference with the outcome of the season.
                              Minor details. (sarcasm) Many here have us winning the playoffs and going deep every year. Yet the credibility of those that have called it wrong since our last trip there trumps anyone else's.

You should know that by now.
                              Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X