• Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Stienbach could be available!

Per KFFL

Bengals | Team likely to place franchise tag on J. Smith
    Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:00:17 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals could place their franchise tag on DE Justin Smith, which would cost $8.6 million.

Could be good news!!!!!!
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Stienbach could be available!

Additional good news!

Chargers | Team may lose Dielman
    Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:36:23 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman may leave as a free agent in the offseason. Teammates have expressed pessimism regarding the possibility of Dielman remaining. The Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks and Cleveland Browns, among others, are expected to bid for Dielman's services.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

We aint paying enough for either of them...

Love to have either of them though.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Im sick of hearing how we are not going to pay. You in OBD offices to know something we dont? If its someone MArv wants we will pay. We wanted Spikes and we went and paid. We just wont overpay for someone that OBD thinks isnt worth the money. It sucks we fans cant get everyone WE want. Thank god the offices of OBD dont pay for players because the fans want it then we would be in real trouble.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

nah im just resigned to the fact that this organization will go the CHEAP way and if we have a good draft and some players come around THEN we may contend..

but it aint going to be by going out and buying key peices like say a Steinbach, or a Cato June or ANYBODY like that.

Comment

• socalfan
            Old Fogey from Cali
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            nah im just resigned to the fact that this organization will go the CHEAP way and if we have a good draft and some players come around THEN we may contend..

but it aint going to be by going out and buying key peices like say a Steinbach, or a Cato June or ANYBODY like that.

Great point! Drew Bledsoe, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Malloy, Fletcher Baker.... if we just keep buying that talent we ought to make the playoffs pretty soon.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by socalfan
              Great point! Drew Bledsoe, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Malloy, Fletcher Baker.... if we just keep buying that talent we ought to make the playoffs pretty soon.
              Yeah but how many of our Big FAs were on the lines? One--- Tripplett. I see both sides which is why im not getting to high or low--- Im interested to see what OBD comes up with

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

This cheap organization theory has been shot down countless times.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Yea and its getting very old Dr.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Justin Smith is NOT an $8.6 million player. The Bengals are such idiots.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                      Justin Smith is NOT an $8.6 million player. The Bengals are such idiots.
                      He may not be worth that to the rest of the league but to the Bengals he is considering all the talent they already lost on D. Thurman, Pollack, James, Adams (old now), Simmons (old also)---- so to the Bengals hes worth a lot at this point.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        He may not be worth that to the rest of the league but to the Bengals he is considering all the talent they already lost on D. Thurman, Pollack, James, Adams (old now), Simmons (old also)---- so to the Bengals hes worth a lot at this point.
                        Good point. But when I look at how the Bengals are run, I'm glad we have the likes of Marv Levy and Dick Jauron. While their guys are getting arrested and the team itself is making questionable decisions, the Bills seem to be on the right course.

It would help if we had Carson Palmer, though. He's elite, while Losman's good right now.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by socalfan
                          So because Donahoe tried to buy players and didnt get the team over the hump because he NEVER spent a good penny on a real OL in FA.. that means that Marv should'nt be given the financial means to go out and use his talent evaluation abilities to buy some key players for a playoff run?

last I checked we were $33 million under the cap and we're not going to resign fletcher or clements.. there is NO excuse to not go out and spend some money on quality players

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Not being worth the money they may be looking for is a pretty good excuse to me.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, and I'll keep saying it...If Marv says "Pony up, Ralph" Mr. Wilson will say "How high?".
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gil
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I'm sorry, that is just ridiculous - how do you know this?

At least for me, I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, especially Marv - I don't think at 82 or whatever that he just came here to enforce the status quo - but obviously you have psychic powers as to the front office's intentions.

Comment

Working...
                              X