PDA

View Full Version : Stienbach could be available!

alohabillsfan
02-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Per KFFL

Bengals | Team likely to place franchise tag on J. Smith
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:00:17 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals could place their franchise tag on DE Justin Smith, which would cost $8.6 million.

Could be good news!!!!!!

alohabillsfan
02-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Additional good news!

Chargers | Team may lose Dielman
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:36:23 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman may leave as a free agent in the offseason. Teammates have expressed pessimism regarding the possibility of Dielman remaining. The Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks and Cleveland Browns, among others, are expected to bid for Dielman's services.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 03:50 PM
We aint paying enough for either of them...

Love to have either of them though.

SquishDaFish
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Im sick of hearing how we are not going to pay. You in OBD offices to know something we dont? If its someone MArv wants we will pay. We wanted Spikes and we went and paid. We just wont overpay for someone that OBD thinks isnt worth the money. It sucks we fans cant get everyone WE want. Thank god the offices of OBD dont pay for players because the fans want it then we would be in real trouble.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 04:00 PM
nah im just resigned to the fact that this organization will go the CHEAP way and if we have a good draft and some players come around THEN we may contend..

but it aint going to be by going out and buying key peices like say a Steinbach, or a Cato June or ANYBODY like that.

socalfan
02-09-2007, 04:06 PM
nah im just resigned to the fact that this organization will go the CHEAP way and if we have a good draft and some players come around THEN we may contend..

but it aint going to be by going out and buying key peices like say a Steinbach, or a Cato June or ANYBODY like that.

Great point! Drew Bledsoe, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Malloy, Fletcher Baker.... if we just keep buying that talent we ought to make the playoffs pretty soon.

Mahdi
02-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Great point! Drew Bledsoe, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Malloy, Fletcher Baker.... if we just keep buying that talent we ought to make the playoffs pretty soon.
Yeah but how many of our Big FAs were on the lines? One--- Tripplett. I see both sides which is why im not getting to high or low--- Im interested to see what OBD comes up with

Dr. Lecter
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
This cheap organization theory has been shot down countless times.

SquishDaFish
02-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Yea and its getting very old Dr.

Carlton Bailey
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Justin Smith is NOT an $8.6 million player. The Bengals are such idiots.

Mahdi
02-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Justin Smith is NOT an $8.6 million player. The Bengals are such idiots.
He may not be worth that to the rest of the league but to the Bengals he is considering all the talent they already lost on D. Thurman, Pollack, James, Adams (old now), Simmons (old also)---- so to the Bengals hes worth a lot at this point.

Carlton Bailey
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
He may not be worth that to the rest of the league but to the Bengals he is considering all the talent they already lost on D. Thurman, Pollack, James, Adams (old now), Simmons (old also)---- so to the Bengals hes worth a lot at this point.

Good point. But when I look at how the Bengals are run, I'm glad we have the likes of Marv Levy and Dick Jauron. While their guys are getting arrested and the team itself is making questionable decisions, the Bills seem to be on the right course.

It would help if we had Carson Palmer, though. He's elite, while Losman's good right now.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 08:14 PM

So because Donahoe tried to buy players and didnt get the team over the hump because he NEVER spent a good penny on a real OL in FA.. that means that Marv should'nt be given the financial means to go out and use his talent evaluation abilities to buy some key players for a playoff run?

last I checked we were $33 million under the cap and we're not going to resign fletcher or clements.. there is NO excuse to not go out and spend some money on quality players

YardRat
02-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Not being worth the money they may be looking for is a pretty good excuse to me.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, and I'll keep saying it...If Marv says "Pony up, Ralph" Mr. Wilson will say "How high?".

gil
02-09-2007, 08:51 PM

I'm sorry, that is just ridiculous - how do you know this?

At least for me, I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, especially Marv - I don't think at 82 or whatever that he just came here to enforce the status quo - but obviously you have psychic powers as to the front office's intentions.

patmoran2006
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry, that is just ridiculous - how do you know this?

At least for me, I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, especially Marv - I don't think at 82 or whatever that he just came here to enforce the status quo - but obviously you have psychic powers as to the front office's intentions.

I hope your right. Because after they lose Nate and Fletch to FA they're going to have too many holes to fill with FA projects and draft picks to be a REAL contender in 2007.

gil
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I hope your right. Because after they lose Nate and Fletch to FA they're going to have too many holes to fill with FA projects and draft picks to be a REAL contender in 2007.
ok, I'm up for as much pessimism as the next guy, but step back from the ledge.

Fletch is a quality player, but obviously, with the 28th or whatever ranked defense against the run, our MLB wasn't getting the job done - sketchy d-line or not.

As for Nate, yes, he made some plays down the stretch - maybe even got us a game - but in my opinion, he cost us a few over the past couple years and once he gets paid will just disappear for long stretches again.

Not to say CB's like Nate are always easily replaceable, but we've done it before when Winfield left, heck, when Burris left - I think it's not outside the realm of possibility to do it again.

I don't think there's any need for this chicken little stuff in early February.

ricogarion
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
If he is available and we can be serious in his pursuit I say its a great signing.Our O.line should be as good as any not mediocre, those days must remain in the past if we harbor any thoughts of competing.

Mahdi
02-09-2007, 09:53 PM
If he is available and we can be serious in his pursuit I say its a great signing.Our O.line should be as good as any not mediocre, those days must remain in the past if we harbor any thoughts of competing.
What im curious to know is what OBD plans to do with Gandy.....do they move him to right guard and place Steinbach at LG? or do they not even bother with Gandy and leave Preston there? Thing is... Preston can pass protect but he cant run block.

ricogarion
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
There's tough choices to be made any way you look at it,were things good enough on the linelast year? I don't think that line was as good as it could be and we still need depth anyways so Gandy may still start or have something to offer with his versatility.Besides we haven't signed anyone yet anyways.

BILLSROCK1212
02-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Steinbach reportedy wants to go to the Bears

kernowboy
02-10-2007, 04:15 AM
I am happy with Gandy at LG - his play did improve once he'd move to his natural position and he'd likely be half the price of Steinbach.

What we need is a roadgrader at RG, so we should go after Dielmann with at least the sort of offer Reggie Wells was made, - actually I'd be comfortable with another mil per season being offered.

The plan B option will be to move Reyes back to his Panthers position of RG, and fast track Aaron Merz who I think could become an Adam Timmerman and who has the size (6ft4, 340lbs) to be a nasty handful once he's got experience. Preston to backup centre and both guards

Statman
02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Im sick of hearing how we are not going to pay. You in OBD offices to know something we dont? If its someone MArv wants we will pay. We wanted Spikes and we went and paid. We just wont overpay for someone that OBD thinks isnt worth the money. It sucks we fans cant get everyone WE want. Thank god the offices of OBD dont pay for players because the fans want it then we would be in real trouble.

We don't? Right, like Tripplett, Royal, Price, and Fowler. All great bargains at $4M/yr. $2M/yr., $3M/yr., and $2.4M/yr. They contributed so much. Tripplett was a great run stopper and his sacks really propelled our D. Royal was such a clutch TE. Fowler was great in anchoring our 27th ranked rushing attack. Attack, ... LOL and Price's 800 yards and 6 TDs really made the difference for Losman this year.

Duly noted.

Note to self: We don't overpay for someone that isn't worth the money.