PDA

View Full Version : Newsflash - The Off-Season Doesn't Begin & End In Round 1. Don't Become Polarized.

Night Train
02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Look at the entire off-season, leading up to summer camp.

That includes 7 weeks of FA, prior to the Draft. Then the Draft weekend in late April ( we currently have 6 picks ) and a few post draft signings. Plus the continued development of some of our younger players, picked over the last couple of years.

To read some posters, the entire off-season is our Round 1 pick. It MUST be (insert name or position here) or we will lose 4-5 games more than we should ! :fit:

Please adjust your meds accordingly and look at the big picture, once summer camp starts.

alohabillsfan
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Look at the entire off-season, leading up to summer camp.

That includes 7 weeks of FA, prior to the Draft. Then the Draft weekend in late April ( we currently have 6 picks ) and a few post draft signings. Plus the continued development of some of our younger players, picked over the last couple of years.

To read some posters, the entire off-season is our Round 1 pick. It MUST be (insert name or position here) or we will lose 4-5 games more than we should ! :fit:

Please adjust your meds accordingly and look at the big picture, once summer camp starts.

You have gone sane! Don't ever let that happen again on this message board!!! If you are going to talk like that proceed directly to the sane zone!

Philagape
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm honestly pretty blase about the first pick. There are several directions we can go (DT, DE, LB, WR) and I'm fine with any of them.

What's funny about boards like this is there are so many people who think they know the team better than the FO and coaching staff, and talk as if they know better than people who do this for a living and have way more time and resources.

The opinions of armchair posters mean squat.

Jan Reimers
02-10-2007, 12:33 PM
You mean that it won't be the end of the franchise if we don't draft Amoeba Okaboji in the first round?

Night Train
02-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm honestly pretty blase about the first pick. There are several directions we can go (DT, DE, LB, WR) and I'm fine with any of them.

What's funny about boards like this is there are so many people who think they know the team better than the FO and coaching staff, and talk as if they know better than people who do this for a living and have way more time and resources.
The opinions of armchair posters mean squat.

Precisely.

I watch a ton of college ball and study players like crazy. Still, it's just for fun and not to pass on any imagined "expertise" . I post who I think looks good and see what we do after the off-season is complete.

MTBillsFan
02-10-2007, 01:35 PM
It seemed like a lot of people, including myself were ready to jump off a cliff when we drafted Whitner.
He worked out pretty well I think. He'll be a mainstay in our secondary for a long time!

Give Marv and Juron a chance. :cheers:

kernowboy
02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I think most posters are discussing 3 or 4 Fa's to add - some which may need a cap of $200m but ....... also there are several 7 Round mock drafts and encouragment for players like McCargo, Merz, Youboty and Butler. I don't think posters think it comes down to a single player but how that top draft choice will fit in with the retained roster and FA pickups.

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 02:16 PM
No worries. I think that most of the posters here are bipolar anyway.

raphael120
02-10-2007, 04:03 PM
No worries. I think that most of the posters here are bipolar anyway.

what the hell is that supposed to mean? that statement pisses me off so much, you know, people like you need people like me to punch you in the face...why do you always have to pick on us? it's not our fault...sniff...why? so hateful....ILL BREAK YOUR NECK! where's my prozac???

eyedog
02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
You mean those of us who wanted Donadumb to pick a LEFT TACKLE instead of a fat,lazy, slob right tackle were wrong.
I'm sorry just because these guys have the keys to the car it doesn't mean they are always right and with Donadumb he was wrong more than he was right.