PDA

View Full Version : Now that we have the 23rd pick...

Romes
03-07-2003, 10:41 AM
so, we have moved up 20 picks in the draft. The obvious question is. Who might we get? I know its difficult to project after early in the 1st round but we should be able to get a pretty solid player with this pick right? I mean we got guys like Henry and Reed in the second round.

So, who should we pick with #23?

:feedback:

wwovince
03-07-2003, 10:47 AM
I think the whole draft TD will go best player available.
HAHA on Atlantas radio station i was just listening to they said their offense is starting to look like Rams offense of past LMAO

BillsNYC
03-07-2003, 10:48 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD I'M LAUGHING RIGHT NOW!!!!:biggrin:

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 10:49 AM
DT Kevin Williams, Oklahoma St

Ebenezer
03-07-2003, 11:09 AM
OK!!!! :clap: We got a first round pick...the 23rd after all...:hail: TD

Who do we take??

Let 'er rip!!!

Typ0
The best player we can get.

wwovince
best player available for every one of our picks

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 11:11 AM
I merged Eb's thread with this one

Tatonka
03-07-2003, 11:13 AM
what does the cost of a player run around pick 23? what did nate clements sign for?

BillsMan80
03-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Williams will not be there at 23...I would say we should be targeting Boss Bailey or Jerome McDougal.

Aero II
03-07-2003, 11:15 AM
I hope there is a Safety worthy of the 23rd still on the board.

EDS
03-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Kevin Williams would be great, as would Sullivan from Georgia. After their respective workouts, however, I am thinking both will be gone. If either were available then I think the Bills do not even need Sam Adams.

SoCalBillsFan
03-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Mike Doss if he is still there! I think with the addition of a DT and hopefully spikes in FA the safety position will be our weak spot. Mike doss would be great.

I also think its not out of the question to get an offensive player, maybe even a WR. I hope TD picks for talent, I dont think we will necesserily have to pick based on need

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Ingtar mentioned DB rashean Mathis from Bethune-Cookman. Played CB in college and is projected as a FS. I could see TD trading down a few spots and drafting him.

Other names:

DT Kenny Peterson (Ohio St)
CB Dennis Weathersby (Oregon St)-I would switch him to S
DT Jonathan Sullivan (Georgia)

BillsMan80
03-07-2003, 11:28 AM
If Boss Bailey is there, TD cannot pass on him, as he is going to be a stud LB in the NFL. Otherwise, Jerome McDougal who is a little on the light side, but is a speedy DE out of Miami would fit the 46 right. Reminds me of Kearse.

Gunzlingr
03-07-2003, 11:30 AM
:hail: Clump!

Akhippo
03-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Somebody needs to get on the phone with Kiper and tell him to update his mock draft because we are in the first round baby

Demon
03-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
Mike Doss if he is still there! I think with the addition of a DT and hopefully spikes in FA the safety position will be our weak spot. Mike doss would be great.

I also think its not out of the question to get an offensive player, maybe even a WR. I hope TD picks for talent, I dont think we will necesserily have to pick based on need

I agree with you. Mike Doss i would love to have in Buffalo. He was amazing for one of the best defenses in the nation last season.

But there will be several good WR's when we pick with the 23rd. I'v read maybe signing Darias Thompson from Washington but i donno. If he doesn't work out i dont think we can trust Josh Reed in a playoff run? Teams would make Bledsoe make Reed beat us and Moulds would be covered tighter then ever.

SoCalBillsFan
03-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I agree with you about reed demon, I really hope we pick up another good receiver to compliment him. Im not sure if thompson is the answer.

The Natrix
03-07-2003, 12:25 PM
This will obviously get a lot of critism but...

IF we can sign Spikes and decent starters at DT and FS, I say we draft a WR (unless there are much better players at the 23rd pick at whatever position). If he turns out as good as Peerless, it would be like getting Spikes for a million or so.

WR at #1 then best Defensive player available after that.

Then Buffalo can tag and trade either Reed or the #23 guy when their respective contracts end or keep both if Moulds is slowing down by then. Keep going with what works!

Billsouth
03-07-2003, 12:46 PM
while i think it is a good thought. i dont think it would be a good move because we already have the heir apparent in josh reed. i say we strongly consider trtading up in the draft on draft day if we could grab a superstar DT or DE.

TedMock
03-07-2003, 12:48 PM
I'd like a DT regardless of whether or not we sign Adams. If Adams is not signed then we get a good young guy to come in. If Adams is signed we get a good young guy to learn behind him for a couple of years and to provide a breather. Either way I'm pumped.

The Natrix
03-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Yeah, DT would be my second choice.

I am really not concerned about the draft at all. Even with CJ at #3 our O would be fine and now with Pee-pee out of here, Buffalo can fill all the holes on D through FAcy. The draft will just be icing on the cake.

In the draft, I would like to see the Bills draft an all around playmaker (Randle El type.) If he is good enough to play the #3, the all the better. Keeping this in mind, another option would be to sign either Martay Jenkins or Jermaine Lewis, cut Rodgers (although I still am not convinced CR is a bust) and draft a DT.

The Bills are in great shape - this leaves a lot of options when it comes to FAcy and especially the draft.

If we keep the #23 I think WR, FS or DT, or Teyo Johnson if he is available which I doubt, would all be great choices.