PDA

View Full Version : Bills,lonesome losers or upcoming power?

ricogarion
02-10-2007, 02:23 PM
You talk about what the Bills needs are and you have your opinions,but seriously what do you think they will do?

Because there is cap space do you see it being used?

Limited draft picks what position gets priority?

What players currently on the roster make the next step to play?

Will this be a big year for signing undrafted FA's?

Where is this franchise headed? Is this team going to remain lovable losers unable to get it right or can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?

kernowboy
02-10-2007, 04:51 PM
You talk about what the Bills needs are and you have your opinions,but seriously what do you think they will do?

Some not all. Extend Evans, and maybe Losman. Bring a new RG like Kris Dielmann. Pick up a MLB (Napolean Harris) a DT maybe (Ryan Sims if cut) a CB (Roderick Hood) ... my suggestions anway. Resign our middle level FAs
In my opinion, we should go LB in R1, then WR or TE in R2 and then either OL or DL in Round 3. On Day 2 I'd like a CB, a RB and a FB. This is dependent especially the line because of FA
Merz and Youboty. I can see Butler pushing Pennington.
We may well look at this for a FB. There is always one or two players who fall out of the draft. Virtually all fail but we may get a diamond in the rough.
Where is this franchise headed? Is this team going to remain lovable losers unable to get it right or can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?
In the right direction. Every once 'cos on about a tight owner but I think Marv has a clear idea of how to build a team and will take us back to the playoffs. And not only once, but with a sustainable approach which will allow us to remain there, with the signing of key middle tier FAs with upside and intelligently scouted drafts.

Jan Reimers
02-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I think we have a limited number of really critical needs, which we can address with our 6 draft picks and the FA process.

On D, I'd like to see a strong run stuffing MLB, a big DT (even assuming McCargo develops) and a pass rushing DE. I'm assuming here that Youboty is being groomed to replace Nate.

The O needs a number 2 WR, an offensive (pass catching) TE, at least one stud Guard, and a RB to be groomed as a replacement for Willis - although we could wait until next year for this move.

DraftBoy
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Resign the majority of their FA's, and sign 2-3 mid level FA's.

No I do not, I think we'll use a small proportion on FA's and the rest to extend some deals

DE, DT, OT, OG, OC, CB, WR, TE, RB, FB (pretty much everything but QB and S)

Pennington, Youboty, McGahee

I think so

2 years from playoff birth, 3 years from playoff run (past divisional game)

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I think we have a limited number of really critical needs, which we can address with our 6 draft picks and the FA process.

On D, I'd like to see a strong run stuffing MLB, a big DT (even assuming McCargo develops) and a pass rushing DE. I'm assuming here that Youboty is being groomed to replace Nate.

The O needs a number 2 WR, an offensive (pass catching) TE, at least one stud Guard, and a RB to be groomed as a replacement for Willis - although we could wait until next year for this move.

Running backs like Willis are a dime a Dozen - I want an LT or LJ or Frank Gore type back.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
No I do not, I think we'll use a small proportion on FA's and the rest to extend some deals

I think that this will further show marv's competence as a GM - we need to keep some continuity both in the coaching staff, as well as with the players on the field - I couldn't agree more, we need to get Evans locked up now before his value skyrockest - which I'd bet the farm is very likely to happen next year - I'll bet anyone right now that he's gonna break Moulds' yardage record next year. And we need to get Losman as well - he's come a very long way this past season, and I can't wait to see what he does next year if we can just get him a true #2 reciever instead of 3 #3's - I'm not really sold on the need for a true pass catching TE because Robert Royal really came on towards the second half last year and his butterfingers disappeared as well it seems. One place we need to spend the big money (for the position) is at G - I don't want to wait for a youngster to come in here and develop - I want someone who's ready to go right now - if Losman can get just a little more protection, and the line can reach roadgrader status, we'll be unstoppable next year on O. for the D, I'd like to see us trade down and take Best linebacker available. I'm not really a fan of drafting a DT because we wasted two picks on it last year - I'd much rather trade a pick/player or possibly both for someone who's been in the league for a couple years who happens to be a stud.

Meathead
02-11-2007, 02:56 PM
you must put your trust in The Marv my son