X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

I'll lose all respect for Marvin Harrison

.....if he fails to play in the Pro Bowl due to the injury he sustained in the Super Bowl.

A tight MCL? C'mon. His knee was nearly torn free from his leg. He has yet to practice for the Pro Bowl.

Step aside and give someone else a chance.

If he plays, without a limp, I'll rescind my thoughts and comments.
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: I'll lose all respect for Marvin Harrison

Marvin Harrison could shoot a man and he'd still be the classiest WR ever (and possibly the best)

Leave him alone.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
      Marvin Harrison could shoot a man and he'd still be the classiest WR ever (and possibly the best)

Leave him alone.
      I don't care if he was Ghandi. The fact that he can't accept his injury and make way for another WR to reap the reward and benefits of the Pro Bowl (possibly even Lee Evans) makes him a selfish *****.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
        I don't care if he was Ghandi. The fact that he can't accept his injury and make way for another WR to reap the reward and benefits of the Pro Bowl (possibly even Lee Evans) makes him a selfish *****.
        selfish because he EARNED it and still shows up. When lee gets better he will be there. No one should step aside from what they EARNED to GIVE it to someone that didn't.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          selfish because he EARNED it and still shows up. When lee gets better he will be there. No one should step aside from what they EARNED to GIVE it to someone that didn't.
          Selfish because he CANT PLAY. What's your point? Sure he earned it, but what good is he going to do warming the BENCH.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

Sorry redeye, this is a stupid thread. Make way for another WR? MH earned it. If he stands on the sidelines and whistles Dixie he's ok in my book.
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

I don't care either way. It's the Pro Joke, er, Bowl.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                I don't care either way. It's the Pro Joke, er, Bowl.
                Amen...

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

You people don't seem to understand my point. If he can't play, then why go? I understand that might be difficult for some of you to grasp.

I suppose if Urlacher should have showed up too with his busted toe, and sat on the bench. In fact, I think there was at aleast 1/2 dozen other players that bowed out due to injury. Should they have showed too?

Now that would have been a fun Pro Bowl. AFC vs the NFC - iron man style, while 8 injured others collect pay checks and ride pine. Ridiculous.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

You people don't seem to understand my point. If he can't play, then why go? I understand that might be difficult for some of you to grasp.

I suppose if Urlacher should have showed up too with his busted toe, and sat on the bench. In fact, I think there was at aleast 1/2 dozen other players that bowed out due to injury. Should they have showed too?

Now that would have been a fun Pro Bowl. AFC vs the NFC - iron man style, while 8 injured others collect pay checks and ride pine. Ridiculous.
                    If he can't play why go? Because he EARNED IT. Again when Lee EARNS the spot he will go.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

If it were like the NBA he'd have NO choice but to go. They make players voted by fans go and fine them if they don't because they still take part in the other activities that go on for the weekend, such as autograph sessions and what not because those are the people the fans want to see.

I understand you'd like to see another player get a chance to go, but it's his spot and he earned it, how he treats it is his choice.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                        • Feb 2005

You people don't seem to understand my point. If he can't play, then why go?
                        DUDE! its FREAKIN HAWAII in Freakin February. ever been to Indy in February?
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Free trip to Hawaii after a Superbowl win...I'd go to.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

free hawaii vacation would make me suck it up. looks like lt beat me to it

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

My point's pretty easy to understand too .... I DON'T CARE.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X