PDA

View Full Version : I'll lose all respect for Marvin Harrison

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 02:47 PM
.....if he fails to play in the Pro Bowl due to the injury he sustained in the Super Bowl.

A tight MCL? C'mon. His knee was nearly torn free from his leg. He has yet to practice for the Pro Bowl.

Step aside and give someone else a chance.

If he plays, without a limp, I'll rescind my thoughts and comments.

Stewie
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Marvin Harrison could shoot a man and he'd still be the classiest WR ever (and possibly the best)

Leave him alone.

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Marvin Harrison could shoot a man and he'd still be the classiest WR ever (and possibly the best)

Leave him alone.

I don't care if he was Ghandi. The fact that he can't accept his injury and make way for another WR to reap the reward and benefits of the Pro Bowl (possibly even Lee Evans) makes him a selfish *****.

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't care if he was Ghandi. The fact that he can't accept his injury and make way for another WR to reap the reward and benefits of the Pro Bowl (possibly even Lee Evans) makes him a selfish *****.

selfish because he EARNED it and still shows up. When lee gets better he will be there. No one should step aside from what they EARNED to GIVE it to someone that didn't.

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
selfish because he EARNED it and still shows up. When lee gets better he will be there. No one should step aside from what they EARNED to GIVE it to someone that didn't.

Selfish because he CANT PLAY. What's your point? Sure he earned it, but what good is he going to do warming the BENCH.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Sorry redeye, this is a stupid thread. Make way for another WR? MH earned it. If he stands on the sidelines and whistles Dixie he's ok in my book.

Philagape
02-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't care either way. It's the Pro Joke, er, Bowl.

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't care either way. It's the Pro Joke, er, Bowl.

Amen...

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
You people don't seem to understand my point. If he can't play, then why go? I understand that might be difficult for some of you to grasp.

I suppose if Urlacher should have showed up too with his busted toe, and sat on the bench. In fact, I think there was at aleast 1/2 dozen other players that bowed out due to injury. Should they have showed too?

Now that would have been a fun Pro Bowl. AFC vs the NFC - iron man style, while 8 injured others collect pay checks and ride pine. Ridiculous.

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 04:11 PM
You people don't seem to understand my point. If he can't play, then why go? I understand that might be difficult for some of you to grasp.

I suppose if Urlacher should have showed up too with his busted toe, and sat on the bench. In fact, I think there was at aleast 1/2 dozen other players that bowed out due to injury. Should they have showed too?

Now that would have been a fun Pro Bowl. AFC vs the NFC - iron man style, while 8 injured others collect pay checks and ride pine. Ridiculous.

If he can't play why go? Because he EARNED IT. Again when Lee EARNS the spot he will go.

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 04:13 PM

If it were like the NBA he'd have NO choice but to go. They make players voted by fans go and fine them if they don't because they still take part in the other activities that go on for the weekend, such as autograph sessions and what not because those are the people the fans want to see.

I understand you'd like to see another player get a chance to go, but it's his spot and he earned it, how he treats it is his choice.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
You people don't seem to understand my point. If he can't play, then why go?

DUDE! its FREAKIN HAWAII in Freakin February. ever been to Indy in February?

LtFinFan66
02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Free trip to Hawaii after a Superbowl win...I'd go to.

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 04:20 PM

free hawaii vacation would make me suck it up. looks like lt beat me to it

Philagape
02-10-2007, 04:29 PM
My point's pretty easy to understand too .... I DON'T CARE.

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't care where they play the game. That's not my point. My point is that he was chosen or voted in TO PLAY THE GAME. Not to sit on the sidelines. Not to take ina free vacation. He did not earn the right to sit on the sidelines in a game of honor. The honorable thing to do here is to step aside and make way for someone else that deserves recognition as well.

I know that's a jagged pill for some of you to swallow, but that's fact.

And the NBA and the NFL are harldy comparable.

RedEyE
02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
It looks like almost a dozen other players understand this point. Why can't Harrison?

Phelge
02-10-2007, 05:12 PM
It looks like almost a dozen other posters understand Harrison's point. Why can't you?

Tatonka
02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
i think it is horse**** too honestly. harrison knew all along he wasnt going to play. they should have let someone else that could play go.. i would much rather watch lee evans playing, then marvin harrison picking his nose on the sidelines.

it was a douch move.

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 06:00 PM
i think it is horse**** too honestly. harrison knew all along he wasnt going to play. they should have let someone else that could play go.. i would much rather watch lee evans playing, then marvin harrison picking his nose on the sidelines.

it was a douch move.

No. Harrison EARNED it and Evans didn't. Harrison can go and sit on the bench drinking margarita's for all I care.

Stop being such homers, evans wasn't elected as one of the FOUR to go time to deal with it.

Tatonka
02-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Earning it is subjectived.. based on popularity, history of seasons past, ect.. evans was every bit as good as all the receivers there.. but his name is not as flashy as the others that are better known.

if you would rather watch harrison not play and sit there, as opposed to watching evans play one more time this season, then your as much of a douch as harrison is.

:up:

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Evans should be there over Andre Johnson

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Earning it is subjectived.. based on popularity, history of seasons past, ect.. evans was every bit as good as all the receivers there.. but his name is not as flashy as the others that are better known.

if you would rather watch harrison not play and sit there, as opposed to watching evans play one more time this season, then your as much of a douch as harrison is.

:up:

So evans should go because he didn't earn it? Again only 1/3 of the vote is the public, the other 2/3's weight is coaches and peers.

So again homers when evans EARNS it, not has it GIVEN to him, the I will be more than happy to watch him.

See unlike the homers here, I bet Evans will be the first to tell you he doesnt' want to go that way, he wants to EARN it and just be flat out elected.

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Evans should be there over Andre Johnson

Not according to coaches and his peers.

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Not according to coaches and his peers.

They just see the plus hundred catches. He benifits from a crappy quarter back who can't read any other progressions.

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 06:52 PM
They just see the plus hundred catches. He benifits from a crappy quarter back who can't read any other progressions.

LMAO Evans didn't earn it yet. Time to deal with that fact. I bet he does this season, but he didn't this year, time to move on.

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 06:59 PM
LMAO Evans didn't earn it yet. Time to deal with that fact. I bet he does this season, but he didn't this year, time to move on.

Lets play a game ice, who had a better year?

Receiver 1 82 catches 1292 yds 15.8 ypc 8 tds
Receiver 2 103 catches 1147 yds 11.1 ypc 5 tds

Tatonka
02-10-2007, 07:31 PM
ice, if you think the players vote on who "earned it" every time, then your blind and stupid.

it is just as much a popularity contest with players as it is with fans.

if you think otherwise, your kidding yourself.

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 07:47 PM
come on ice what numbers are better, someone proves your point is wrong you retreat like france?

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
The Pro Bowl is essentially over and still nobody cares... are we still having this discussion?

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 07:55 PM
The Pro Bowl is essentially over and still nobody cares... are we still having this discussion?

its now about principle

raphael120
02-10-2007, 08:10 PM
haha...romo...denied again

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
its now about principle

This principal?

http://membres.lycos.fr/sironimo/belding01.jpg

ICE74129
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah the only principal that counts is Harrison EARNED IT, Evans didn't

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM

look at him run

Bert102176
02-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Harrison in my book was an awesome WR but being he didn't play cause of an injury and caused Lee to not have a chance to go I now feel Harrison is a piece of ****

Bert102176
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
how the hell can you say Lee didn't earn it did you have your head up your ass this year, Lee had a very good year

SABURZFAN
02-11-2007, 07:59 AM

sounds like the QB's fault to me.

ICE74129
02-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Lets play a game ice, who had a better year?

Receiver 1 82 catches 1292 yds 15.8 ypc 8 tds
Receiver 2 103 catches 1147 yds 11.1 ypc 5 tds

Lets play another game, who was voted in by his peers, who wasnt. End of discussion

ICE74129
02-11-2007, 08:10 AM
sounds like the QB's fault to me.

LOL Smart butt :bandwagon

Tatonka
02-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Lets play another game, who was voted in by his peers, who wasnt. End of discussion

:rofl: what a weak response. you know evans did deserve to be there, but you just cant man up enough to say it.. and your doing it just to be a dick.

:honda:

SABURZFAN
02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
:rofl: what a weak response.

sounded like the truth to me.

Tatonka
02-11-2007, 08:17 AM
my favorite is how you completely contradict yourself when talking about vince young...

make up your mind...

Pure bull ****.

You take the 30th rated fuggin QB over the 11th?

Come on marv do everything you can to make us a playoff team next year so guys like JP and evans will finally get their due!!!!

ICE74129
02-11-2007, 08:18 AM
:rofl: what a weak response. you know evans did deserve to be there, but you just cant man up enough to say it.. and your doing it just to be a dick.

:honda:

Who takes up 2/3 of the vote? Coaches and players...Evans wasn't elected to be one of the FOUR to go.

Are you guys incapable of 'maning up' and admiting this? Screw harrison, his peers didn't feel he was a top FOUR WR.

My response is dead on and the only fact based. Every thing you guys are coming with is homeristic and emotional.

Tatonka
02-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Who takes up 2/3 of the vote? Coaches and players...Evans wasn't elected to be one of the FOUR to go.

Are you guys incapable of 'maning up' and admiting this? Screw harrison, his peers didn't feel he was a top FOUR WR.

My response is dead on and the only fact based. Every thing you guys are coming with is homeristic and emotional.

whatever, vince young.. you cried about that for days. :rofl:

TacklingDummy
02-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Evans earned the Pro-bowl over any of the WRs in it because he had to do most of the work by himself. He made outstanding catches, RAC, and moves to get open this year.

ICE74129
02-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Evans earned the Pro-bowl over any of the WRs in it because he had to do most of the work by himself. He made outstanding catches, RAC, and moves to get open this year.

weak try there losman hater. I can go back and link where evans praises JP for his throws this year, or are you not interested in FACTS like that?

madness
02-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Free trip to Hawaii after a Superbowl win...I'd go to.

That's the truth too. Rich people love nothing more then getting things free that they could afford 100x over.

R. Rich
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I fixed it for you:

Marvin Harrison could shoot a man and he'd still be the classiest regular season WR ever (and possibly the best, again in the regular season only, after Don Hutson and Jerry Rice)

Leave him alone.

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2007, 09:34 AM

I just think we don't care because the Pro Bowl is a total waiste of time anyways.

CuseJetsFan83
02-13-2007, 01:08 AM
first off probowl is an exhibition...... has absolutely no meaning, except a week in teh sun, and some hot hawaiian ladies.......

as far as the discussion about evans, how do you know that he would even be the alternate..........

harrison earned the right to play/sit/etc in the probowl because he is year in and year out one of the best receivers..... and this year they won it all, so he tip his cap to that........

it really is a useless game in my opinion.

as far as the debate over johnson vs evans......... johnson was the only texan on the team, or were there any others?

thats the problem when they attempt to get at least 1 player from each team... hence the bills have moorman, the jets had miller, and the dolphins have taylor

LtFinFan66
02-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Bills had Schobel as well as Moorman and the Fins had Thomas as well as Taylor so your argument is somewhat flawed

ricogarion
02-13-2007, 05:13 AM
The Pro-Bowl for most Buffalonians or Bills fans is of little interest because we have no players involved that will all change when we are sending a half dozen or so guys a year again.The more involvement the more interest.