you guys hear what sims said about 'tha u'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

you guys hear what sims said about 'tha u'?

About how they went with gore over willis. I will say again, had gore not gotten hurt, willis wouldn't have even started.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: you guys hear what sims said about 'tha u'?

And how is it gore can rush for over 1600 on a team as easilly as bad as Buffalos, with a line in front of him as bad as the one in buffalo, but willis can't get 1000 yards.

Huummmmm....

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
      About how they went with gore over willis. I will say again, had gore not gotten hurt, willis wouldn't have even started.
      so, many players step up after a injury. Frank Gore is pretty good, Willis has underachieved, wouldn't call this news flash.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i also wouldnt call it a news flash that gore was the starter over willis until he got hurt.. this was common knowledge.

i am not following your point? so what is it?

are you trying to say that gore is better than willis? well thanks, captain obvious.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i also wouldnt call it a news flash that gore was the starter over willis until he got hurt.. this was common knowledge.

i am not following your point? so what is it?

are you trying to say that gore is better than willis? well thanks, captain obvious.
          yeah the point is a ton of clowns are clammoring that a BACKUP that never should have seen the field is our answer at RB which he isn't.

Also it shows that another back with two blown knees can rush for 1600 yards on a crap team when willis can't manage 1000.

time to cut bait

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

yeah the point is a ton of clowns are clammoring that a BACKUP that never should have seen the field is our answer at RB which he isn't.

Also it shows that another back with two blown knees can rush for 1600 yards on a crap team when willis can't manage 1000.

time to cut bait
            Alot of players make names for themselves after a injury. Crowell,ellison are good examples. Even if they weren't expected to start they step up and show they can do. Out of college willis had earned his draft status. Honestly i think this is a weak arguement, but i agree its time for willis to go

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Willis, the year he came out, was bar none the best college RB id ever seen.

Regardless of how it came to be he started, when he played imo, he was a better runner then even Bush.

As Ingtar said when he got injured he lost a gear and hasnt regained it. Its a shame because in 04 i thought he was headed back to form.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                Willis, the year he came out, was bar none the best college RB id ever seen.

Regardless of how it came to be he started, when he played imo, he was a better runner then even Bush.

As Ingtar said when he got injured he lost a gear and hasnt regained it. Its a shame because in 04 i thought he was headed back to form.

Are you kidding me? how old are you because if you ever saw barry sanders, willis can't lick the toe jam off of barry's toes.

he was NOT a better runner than bush. Christ when I thought I had heard the ultimate homerism, someone tops it.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Are you kidding me? how old are you because if you ever saw barry sanders, willis can't lick the toe jam off of barry's toes.

he was NOT a better runner than bush. Christ when I thought I had heard the ultimate homerism, someone tops it.

not only is he a pee wee coach, and a team doctor, but now a scout too!
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Devin, you're not allowed to have an opinion and express it in Ice's threads.

I'll say this in your defense, too...

Willis looked downright insane and every bit the threat to take it to the house that Bush was, except Willis had prototypical size to be a feature back.
                    Willis has changed. He's gained a bit of size and he's stronger, but he doesn't have the agility and burst he had in college and never will. He's a different type of runner body wise, but he still wants to run in his old style. It's not gonna happen.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

It has nothing to do with him being a Buffalo Bill. He would have easily been taken in the top 3 that year prior to his injury. He did it all. Was a great blocker, he ran with the speed of a RB and hit like a FB, solid hands....etc. Most importantly Willis was a threat to take it to the house everytime he got the ball.

I am not saying Willis is a better RB then Barry Sanders, or that he will be better then Bush. Im saying while in college, the 2002 season he started he was the best COLLEGE rb id seen up until that point. His 200 yard, 6 touchdown game against Virginia Tech was just ridiculous.

Statistically of course there have been other backs who have put up better numbers, set more records....etc. In fact only two other backs rushed for more TD's in a season then Willis in college one of which was Barry. Willis also only started one year. Id have loved to see what would have happened if he played the next season.

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

mcgahee is the personification of smugness and ego.

he underachieves because he thinks his name and college reputation mean more than his unimpressive seasons in buffalo. he feels he isn't being given the best tools and support around him to succeed. thus, he doesn't try, and you know what, someother team will pick him up.

whether when he does get picked up by another team, he will finally take the game seriously, or will his air of arrogence drive him to the ranks of backups? this remains to be seen.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Didnt Ronnie Brown back up Cedric Benson? Or maybe the other way ... either way
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                            Didnt Ronnie Brown back up Cedric Benson? Or maybe the other way ... either way
                            Benson went to Texas. Youre thinking of Cadillac and Brown at Auburn.

It was really off and on. In 02 Brown started for Williams, in 03 Williams was back and was the starter. In 04 Williams and Brown both played pretty evenly.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Barry Sanders is by far the best college back to ever step on the field...

GO BILLS!!!!!
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X