PDA

View Full Version : Time for the stupid question of the night...

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I've been watching hockey since I was a little kid and consider myself quite well versed in the game, but there is something I've been seeing a lot lately, far more this season in the past that I just don't understand.

On plays where icing clearly takes place, the refs are waiving it off. Can anybody explain to me how the hell they decided whether to call icing or not. It seems like more than 50% of would be icing calls are getting waived off this year and I'm just not understand why.

Thanks in advance for curing my stupidity on this matter.

LtFinFan66
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
They do it simply so you will earn 5 :zb: by starting this thread to ask the question. No other reason

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
They do it simply so you will earn 5 :zb: by starting this thread to ask the question. No other reason

It might be a stupid question, but it's an honest one... I really would like to know if anybody has an idea. Asking Lt hockey questions is like asking him why he likes so horrible teams... You'll get an answer but it's mostly worthless.

LtFinFan66
02-10-2007, 07:59 PM
:goodpost:

Philagape
02-10-2007, 07:59 PM
It's a judgment call. Officials waive off icing if they feel someone on the other team could have played it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icing_(ice_hockey)

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
how about when there is penalties on two teams at the same time. For example buffalo had a powerplay, then Vanek and calgary had a penalty but they still play 5 on 4 not 4 on 3.