PDA

View Full Version : Does a Shootout Win "Feel" Like a Win?

Meathead
02-10-2007, 08:55 PM
and please no dekeing

BlackMetalNinja
02-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I'd rather dominate a team and beat them easily in regulation... but I won't deny the excitement of the shootout and the fact that I hate ties. Nobody pays to watch two teams tie. It's just not quite the same as beating a team in regular time.

Philagape
02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Two points is two points. I look forward to shootouts because we're 9-2 in them. Of course, that means nothing in the playoffs ....

Meathead
02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
you know i like the shootout and of course the sabres have been fantastic in shootouts, but it just doesnt feel the same to me as a regulation or ot win. even when they win the shootout i always feel just a bit disappointed that the sabres couldnt win it 'outright', so to speak

i thought that would fade as the season went on but its pretty much the same as when it started

still im extremely glad this is the thing im *****ing about with the sabres still in first place lol

SkateZilla
02-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes, The Team Deserved more than a Tie , they deserved 2 pts..

LtFinFan66
02-10-2007, 09:18 PM
QUESTION: having not watched much hockey especially since the overtime rule changes, how does it work? Does it go a full overtime period and then to the shootout if no one scores??

SkateZilla
02-10-2007, 09:21 PM
QUESTION: having not watched much hockey especially since the overtime rule changes, how does it work? Does it go a full overtime period and then to the shootout if no one scores??

Tie Game At the End Of Regulation (60 Minutes, 3x 20 Minute Periods)

The Game Takes a 1 Minute Timeout, and Proceeds to a Sudden Death 5 Minute Overtime Period.

If still tied after the 5 Minute Sudden Death Period, The Teams Submit their First 3 shooters for the shootout, players sticks are checked and they do the shootout.

Shootout is Best of 3, then Sudden death if tied after 3 shooters.

camelcowboy
02-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Ties suck, playing 65 minutes with no victor is crime, shoot out win is good in my book

LtFinFan66
02-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok because I noticed the Pens won in OT and the Sabres won in a SO. Guess the Pens scored in that 5 minute period then