PDA

View Full Version : Do the Sabres really dive that much?

BlackMetalNinja
02-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Since I get Center Ice and a majority of the games I watch come from broadcasts other than the Sabres team, (even half the home games it seems like I get TSN or CBC out of Canada), I've noticed a major pattern. Almost every single game the announcers mention the Sabres reputation for diving, especially Derek Roy. While I admit I've seen Roy and even Briere take some dives here and there, is it really as bad as everybody else seems to think?

I know I'm going to get a biased answer since we are Sabres fans here, but anybody with some objectivity willing to answer this truthfully?

SkateZilla
02-11-2007, 04:21 PM
these announcers don't realize Briere and Roy only weigh like 185, vs a 215 guy pushing him..

SabreEleven
02-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I think in the beginning of the year they dove more, but I think they have cut it down.

chernobylwraiths
02-12-2007, 11:36 AM
They dive at times, but once you get that reputaion you can't get rid of it. I still see them dive but it looks like they stay up a lot more this year. I think their lack of size does have a little to do with it, but I think they use that as well. However, I see a LOT of players diving. I don't know if it is all over the NHL but I see it a lot in opponents of the Sabres. Once the stick hits them in the midsection, the hold it to their body and fall.

RockStar36
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
these announcers don't realize Briere and Roy only weigh like 185, vs a 215 guy pushing him..

My thoughts exactly.

Crisis
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Roy definately embellishes a lot, he's a small guy but he does dive.

Briere can too, but he's nowhere near as bad as Roy IMO.

Earthquake Enyart
02-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Roy is so bad that even when he gets legitimately tripped, they never call it.