PDA

View Full Version : A better list of ranked Free Agents

patmoran2006
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
http://football.about.com/od/freeagents/Free_Agent_Rankings.htm

A better list of Free Agents from about.com- and how they got them ranked.

Me personally: (here are some of the higher ranked by position that we may want to address)

WR:
Kevin Curtis, Rams
Drew Bennett, Tenn

TE:
Eric Johnson, SF
Daniel Graham, NE
Jeramy Stevens, Sea

Guards:
Eric Steinbach, Cin
Kris Dielman, SD
Derrick Dockery, Wash
Cooper Carlise, Denver

DT's
Ian Scott, Chic
Cory Redding, Det
Hollis Thomas, NO
Jason Fisk, Rams

Defensive Ends:
Dwight Freeney, Colts
Charles Grant, NO
Bryan Thomas, Jets
Robaire Smith, Tenn

LB
Lance Briggs, Chic
Cato June, Indy
Adalius THomas, Balt
Daryl Smith, Jags
Napoleon Harris, Minn

CB
Tory James, Cinc
Nick Harper, Indy
David macklin, Arz
Jason David, Indy

IMO.. WR and DT I think should come through rounds one and two of the draft- I dont think there is anyone out there that is that good of an upgrade..

I would absolutely target the following in FA (assuming we dont sign Nate and Fletch and have a lot more money)

TE for sure.. One of the top three, I like Johnson personally.
DE: I would love to get our hands on Grant.. he would be great on this line.
LB: June would be a great fit for the cover two. I wouldnt Smith from Jags either.
CB: James or Harper would be more than adequate enough to replace Nate, at a much better price.
and again, I'd go DT in round one of draft and WR in round 2.

Yasgur's Farm
02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Nice work... We'll know in a couple weeks which way the Bills will be going in the draft.

I predict the free agent priorities will be...

#1 Eric Steinbach or Kris Dielman or Derrick Dockery
#2 Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas or Cato June
#3 Asante Samuel
#4 Eric Johnson or Daniel Graham
#5 Ian Scott
#6 Drew Bennett

Therefore I predict draft priorities will be...

#1 Big WR
#2 LB or CB
#3 O-line

Don't Panic
02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I predict the free agent priorities will be...

#1 Eric Steinbach or Kris Dielman or Derrick Dockery
#2 Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas or Cato June
#3 Asante Samuel
#4 Eric Johnson or Daniel Graham
#5 Ian Scott
#6 Drew Bennett

Therefore I predict draft priorities will be...

#1 Big WR
#2 LB or CB
#3 O-line

FA - Love #1 (Dielman preference), 2 (Briggs). Samuel would be great, but I don't see it happening. Macklin, David or Carroll with Youboty as the 5th corner would be fine. I'm still looking to give Everett a chance... and we just spent a good deal of money on Royal so I'd say stand pat at TE as far as FA goes. Draft pick for DT... just not our 1st (unless Branch falls). Same with WR (draft, not FA). DE would be the other position to look at in FA. Agree with pm that Grant would fit nicely.

Draft - If all those spots were filled, that would leave WR as our 1st option, with a trade down as our second (unless Brown combines well and projects at our spot). We could go DT in the 2nd, CB in the 3rd and BPA the rest of the way.

Mahdi
02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I would be more than happy with Briggs, B.Thomas, and Dielman, and Harper. And that is affordable. We have 39 million---- Briggs--- 7 mil a year---- Thomas 4mil---Dielman 4.5 mil---- and Harper 4 mil--- thats about 20 million spent of cap space and leaves 19 for extensions, draft picks, and other needs.

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I would be more than happy with Briggs, B.Thomas, and Dielman, and Harper. And that is affordable. We have 39 million---- Briggs--- 7 mil a year---- Thomas 4mil---Dielman 4.5 mil---- and Harper 4 mil--- thats about 20 million spent of cap space and leaves 19 for extensions, draft picks, and other needs.
id hire you as GM in a second just to do that but it aint happenin

Yasgur's Farm
02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I would be more than happy with Briggs, B.Thomas, and Dielman, and Harper. And that is affordable. We have 39 million---- Briggs--- 7 mil a year---- Thomas 4mil---Dielman 4.5 mil---- and Harper 4 mil--- thats about 20 million spent of cap space and leaves 19 for extensions, draft picks, and other needs.All-in-all... I believe we'll have the $20M. But, our salary situation is not as rosey as some think it is...

Clump had us under about $32M...
Subtract the Wire re-signing ($1M)
Subtract potential escalators ($2-4M)
Subtract the rookie pool ($3-4M)
Subtract re-signing or replacing some of our own free agents like Gandy ($5-7M)
That leaves $16-21M for free agents.

Gunzlingr
02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Last I saw on ESPN.com we were at 33 million and change under the cap.

Kenny
02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Though not a top priority (especially since we spent alot of $$$ on Royal), I'd love to get Eric Johnson here.

If we're talking about priorities though, I'd rank FA as going as:
1. Guard
Steinbach or Dielman... Either of these would plug a huge whole @ RG. And either would be an upgrade over any rookie we draft.

2. DT
I would hate to use a day1 pick on DT in the draft after we've invested so much already (Tripplett, McCargo, Williams). I think plugging/adding a DT via FA makes much more sense.

3. CB
We need a veteran who's smart enough to play the cover2. Athletism plays second fiddle to experience in the cover2.

For the draft I want to go for MLB. As good as Crowell is, he just doesnt have enough experience to play MLB. Why experiment when we already know he's one hell of an OLB? Draft a natural ILB.

Also, going for Briggs doesnt make sense to me either. The only guy I wouldnt mind spending $$$ on via FA is Adalius Thomas. At 6'2 and 270lbs, and the experience of playing a multitude of positions in the Raven's D... I could definately see him filling in as MLB for us.

Talk0fNewYork
02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
I'll be happy to walk away with June, Harper, and Steinbach.

Talk0fNewYork
02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
3. CB
We need a veteran who's smart enough to play the cover2. Athletism plays second fiddle to experience in the cover2.

I'd rather have a young athletic CB, a veteran would be a guy like Kiwaukee Thomas.

skinsfan
02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
No!!! I want Dockery to stay in Washington...lol