PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton reports Holcomb is expected to be cut among many others!

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Bills | Holcomb will likely get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:12:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb will likely get cut this offseason.

Browns | Baxter will likely get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:16:45 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cleveland Browns CB Gary Baxter will likely get cut this offseason.

Bengals | O'Neal could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:14:35 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal could get cut this offseason.

Bills | Holcomb will likely get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:12:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb will likely get cut this offseason.

49ers | Team in the running for A. Thomas?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:10:12 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens LB Adalius Thomas could sign with the San Francisco 49ers if the Ravens do not franchise tag him. Thomas is eligible to become a free agent this offseason.

Falcons | Hartwell could be a cap casualty
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:08:12 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Atlanta Falcons LB Edgerton Hartwell could be a cap casualty this offseason.

Cardinals | Team could make a run for I. Scott
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:04:14 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals could attempt to sign Chicago Bears DT Ian Scott this offseason. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

49ers | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:02:00 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the San Francisco 49ers. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Cowboys | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:59:20 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the Dallas Cowboys. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Rams | Coakley could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:07:19 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports St. Louis Rams LB Dexter Coakley could get cut this offseason.

Rams | Timmerman could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:04:13 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports St. Louis Rams OG Adam Timmerman could get cut this offseason.

Giants | Emmons could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:01:45 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports New York Giants LB Carlos Emmons could get cut this offseason.

Vikings | Wiggins could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:59:37 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins could get cut this offseason.

Vikings | Rosenthal could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:55:43 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Mike Rosenthal could get cut this offseason.

Vikings | D. Smith could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:44:24 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings S Dwight Smith could get cut this offseason.

Colts | Team will lose Doss this offseason
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:41:49 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts will lose S Mike Doss this offseason.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Any thoughts on these guys if they don't get re-signed by their current teams?

I know Dexter Coakley used to be a stud - but I don't know how old he is.

LB Dexter Coakley

LB Carlos Emmons

OG Adam Timmerman

LB Edgerton Hartwell

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
CB Deltha O'Neal - possible Nate Clements stopgap??

OpIv37
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
so we're going in with Nall as our back up? Scary thought.

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
not necessarily maybe we will pick someone else up in FA

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
LB Adalius Thomas - I'd love to see him in a Bills uni.

ShadowHawk7
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I would take a very hard look at O'Neal to replace Clements at CB. I believe he could be the answer for us there. I think Thomas is a pipedream for us.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I would take a very hard look at O'Neal to replace Clements at CB. I believe he could be the answer for us there. I think Thomas is a pipedream for us.

I don't think he's a pipedream - he just helps increase the supply in the LB market this offseason - if we don't pick him up, we've still got (right now) the possibilities of Cato June, Lance Briggs, and Adalius Thomas - not to mention the other LBs like Hartwell, and Coakley - the LB market this offseason is fat - that should help keep the costs of these players somewhat reasonable.

dolphan117
02-11-2007, 08:27 PM
so we're going in with Nall as our back up? Scary thought.We would be happy to send you the third pick of the 2002 draft
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/dolphan117/threads/stuff/2006-03-16-harrington.jpg
He even comes with his very own coach! :D
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/dolphan117/threads/stuff/MikeMularkey.jpg

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 08:27 PM

please keep the useless negative nancy crap on hold until the draft at least.

thanks.

ublinkwescore
02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
We would be happy to send you the third pick of the 2002 draft
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/dolphan117/threads/stuff/2006-03-16-harrington.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/dolphan117/threads/stuff/MikeMularkey.jpg

thanks, but no thanks.

JP is working out just fine for us - and we don't want that tragedy of a coach under any circumstances.

HHURRICANE
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I had to think about this thread for a moment.

Holcomb probably does need to be shown the door. Not because of any other reason than our offense is predicated on throwing a deep ball which he can't do. Craig Nall at least can heave it 60 yards.

OpIv37
02-11-2007, 08:51 PM

thanks for the offer but we're trying to get better- not worse.

OpIv37
02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
please keep the useless negative nancy crap on hold until the draft at least.

thanks.

Craig Nall is completely unproven and looked pretty mediocre before getting hurt in camp last year. If JP goes down and he becomes the starter, you can kiss yet another season good-bye.

We already have a boatload of needs- what's the point of adding back-up QB when we have tons of cap space?

Don't get me wrong- I'm no huge Holcomb fan. But at this point, I'd like to see us starting to fill some holes instead of creating new ones.

eyedog
02-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Does it really matter which one is the backup? If JP goes down were screwed. To be honest I'd rather have Nall, as mentioned, bigger arm and can get the ball downfield better, but neither one is any good imo. nobody can be suprised if Holcomb is cut loose at the $$ he's making. I expected it last year.

OpIv37
02-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Does it really matter which one is the backup? If JP goes down were screwed. To be honest I'd rather have Nall, as mentioned, bigger arm and can get the ball downfield better, but neither one is any good imo. nobody can be suprised if Holcomb is cut loose at the $$ he's making. I expected it last year.

I think Holcomb is good enough to not lose games. If JP goes down for a month or less, I think Holcomb can manage the games well enough to put the rest of the team in a position to win, and we'll come out of it relatively unscathed. I don't have that same confidence in Nall because of his lack of experience- I really think he could lose some games for us.

If Losman goes down for an extended period of time, we're screwed either way.

DraftBoy
02-11-2007, 09:51 PM
There is a couple of guys I wouldnt mind seeing us sign on that list; Gary Baxter, Ed Hartwell, Adam Timmerman, Leonard Davis being the most notable.

Btw has anybody ever considered that the Bills may move Donte Whitner to CB (where he has played before) and go after a S like Doss? Just a random thought.

HHURRICANE
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I think Holcomb is good enough to not lose games.

I thought that before last year's training camp but when you can't throw a ball further than 35 yards you are not helping us lose games. The coaches obviously saw that he had no arm and that's why he's most likely getting cut.

I don't think it's their first choice to go find another backup. Holcomb must blow pretty bad.

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
There is a couple of guys I wouldnt mind seeing us sign on that list; Gary Baxter, Ed Hartwell, Adam Timmerman, Leonard Davis being the most notable.

Btw has anybody ever considered that the Bills may move Donte Whitner to CB (where he has played before) and go after a S like Doss? Just a random thought.
we could definetly try it in the future but not so early in his NFL career.....how well did he play at CB in college where i assume he played the position last cas i dont remember?

Jan Reimers
02-12-2007, 04:53 AM
It makes no sense to have your 2nd and 3rd team QBs counting $1.8 and $1.1 M respectively against the cap, especially when neither is a young hot shot being groomed for the starting spot.

Holcomb - the older, weaker-armed and more expensive guy - should go, and we should bring in a much lower paid younger guy to hold the clipboard and wear the baseball cap.

YardRat
02-12-2007, 04:59 AM
49ers | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:02:00 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the San Francisco 49ers. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Cowboys | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:59:20 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the Dallas Cowboys. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

:lolpoint: John Clayton

Oaklandraider
02-12-2007, 05:52 AM
id like my raiders to grab wiggins,timmermen.

Gunzlingr
02-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Gee looks like San Fran is going to sign everybody! :couch:

Forward_Lateral
02-12-2007, 06:04 AM
With all due respect, Clayton is a douche.

DraftBoy
02-12-2007, 06:59 AM
With all due respect, Clayton is a douche.

Still a smart douche with lots of contacts and gets alot of his info right.

don137
02-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree the team won't do anything if JP goes down and it is a waste to have our 2 backups costing 1.8 and 1.1 million. I rather take that 1.8 million on Holcomb and spend it elsewhere.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 09:04 AM
I rather take that 1.8 million on Holcomb and spend it elsewhere.

Yeah, because the Bills only are 33 million under the cap. That 1.8 million could make or break a potential deal.

Romes
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see KH go to Miami if the Bills cut him.

We all know how much Mularkey liked him.

HHURRICANE
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah, because the Bills only are 33 million under the cap. That 1.8 million could make or break a potential deal.

I think 1.8 million is alot for a guy that can only throw the ball 35 yards. It's not the fact that we can afford him but that there might be better options for less money. Just because we are under the cap doesn't allow us to be stupid about it.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 09:42 AM
I think 1.8 million is alot for a guy that can only throw the ball 35 yards. It's not the fact that we can afford him but that there might be better options for less money. Just because we are under the cap doesn't allow us to be stupid about it.

I could careless if Holcomb stays or if he is cut. He sucks as do most 2nd string QBs.

As for 1.8 million, I found this........... QB Kelly Holcomb $2.885M - $3.3M against cap if released

Jan Reimers
02-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Ah, TD, you're posts are the one constant in a world of change. Nobody has ever expected much of them, and you've never disappointed us.

madness
02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see KH go to Miami if the Bills cut him.

We all know how much Mularkey liked him.

He'd have to convert him to a TE first. :evil:

No surprise here, Nall is capable enough to backup Losman. The Bills could look to FA for a reserve but I think they'll draft an unknown in the latter rounds.

ublinkwescore
02-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Ah, TD, you're posts are the one constant in a world of change. Nobody has ever expected much of them, and you've never disappointed us.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

join me on the ban TD and Sabuzfan bandwagon.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
I couldn't have put it better myself.

join me on the ban TD and Sabuzfan bandwagon.

Please follow the rules......TOS...

Rule 8. No Flames (or posts intended to harassingly antagonize a fellow poster/member)

Thank You.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks for my latest rep. ublink...

PLEASE LEAVE THIS SITE - I'M DEAD SERIOUS - YOU BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE AND YOU DEGRADE BILLS FANS EVERYWHERE - UBLINK

You're dead serouis. Im scared. If an opinion bothers you so much maybe you shouldn't come to a message board.

ublinkwescore
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for my latest rep. ublink...

PLEASE LEAVE THIS SITE - I'M DEAD SERIOUS - YOU BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE AND YOU DEGRADE BILLS FANS EVERYWHERE - UBLINK

You're dead serouis. Im scared. If an opinion bothers you so much maybe you shouldn't come to a message board.

I am 100% convinced that your opinion isn't truely your opinion, it's just your way of rattling cages - that makes you the antagonist, and I'm so sick of it - I put you on ignore, and I still gotta see you groaning me, so I took you off so I can return the favor - I really wish the mods or someone would make an adjustment to the way this site is set up so that if you have someone on ignore, they can't see your posts, or comment on them in any way shape or form - that means no groaning or thanking either. One more thing, when you have someone on ignore, you shouldn't be able to see when others quote that individual.

you need to see a psychiatrist or get some meds or something - I think you are suffering from a brain chemistry imbalance or something.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
you need to see a psychiatrist or get some meds or something - I think you are suffering from a brain chemistry imbalance or something.

Why? Cause I don't share the same opinion with you on everything?

Dude, grow up. It's only opinion.

Let's end this discussion now. You don't need to be thread hijacking which once was a good thread.

patmoran2006
02-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Of course he'll get cut that Nall has a year in the system.. They didnt give Nall $1.3 million signing bonus to be a third string clip-holder.

ublinkwescore
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Why? Cause I don't share the same opinion with you on everything?

Dude, grow up. It's only opinion.

Let's end this discussion now. You don't need to be thread hijacking which once was a good thread.

it's not your opinion - it's your way of trying to piss people off - for that to be your opinion, you must clearly be out of touch with reality.

jamze132
02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks, but uh... no thanks. Being a Bills fan, I think Mularkey is a perfect fit for you guys. I tell ya, the guy can be a HC, OC, and a TE coach, what else coulld ya ask for?

jamze132
02-12-2007, 03:27 PM
He'd have to convert him to a TE first. :evil:

No surprise here, Nall is capable enough to backup Losman. The Bills could look to FA for a reserve but I think they'll draft an unknown in the latter rounds.
I don't have any problem with Nall being the #2. Besides, it's not like JP will ever get hurt again, Troy Vincent is gone! LOL

jamze132
02-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Of course he'll get cut that Nall has a year in the system.. They didnt give Nall $1.3 million signing bonus to be a third string clip-holder.
They gave all that money to Nall because they didn't know what they had with JP. They weren't ever going to go with Holcomb unless both JP and Nall completely blew it. They thought enough of Nall to pay him to come to Buffalo to challenge JP. They figured if JP faltered, (like they probably expected) they would have Nall who could possibly fill in until we were able to draft someone this year. Thankfully, that never came to frutition because JP showed One Bills Dr. that he could effectively play the QB position, which is what I think, what they wanted all along. And I don't believe that they have a hard time paying Nall what he is making riding the bench since they think that he could step in now and be a suitable backup, which he should be.

Tatonka
02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
gary baxter.. didnt he blow out both knees at the same time this past year? after blowing out a knee the year before??

sounds like a winner.