PDA

View Full Version : City on the edge of forever..........

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Many Buffalo natives who leave Buffalo on trips or permanently experience a snicker or snide remark when they tell people where they are from. We get judged by our Football teams failures and it becomes a joke for only one side, the people we meet. You see, I don't think the joke is funny anymore and something needs to happen to change it. The Bills may move away down the road and the world may blow up or get destroyed in the interm but anytime before that happens I have one small dream to ask of the current management of the Sabres, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO Win the cup this year, right now. I don't care if we have to give up Miller for Pronger or Drury and poms for anyone, I want silver shining this year. Whatever the cost, whatever the price, pay the bill if it makes the team better. This is about us winning it all, not making another footnote again.

I want to be able to stop people when they bring up the Bills and put my hand up and say we have the best Hockey team on the planet there. We have the best coach, the best players and the best fans that sold out the whole arena. I want to tell them that we sold twice as many tickets to the Sabres games than the Bills did during the season and we sold out all the games and rocked our opponents nightly.

The person I am speaking to will then have to stick a obligatory hand up and say well I am not that familiar with hockey but those Bills of 1986 we're great and should of won it and that's when I will stop them and say Ironically enough your not that familiar with football either so why am I talking to you again, please STFU. http://s3.images.proboards.com/wink.gif

P.S. The title was based on my favorite Original Star Trek episode, Joan Collins had to die so we all could live. The rest of the NHL needs to do the same so all of us Buffalo fans can live as well.

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheCityOnTheEdgeOfForever.html (http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheCityOnTheEdgeOfForever.html) <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 09:58 PM
If your drunk and walk up to this thing, walk away.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c2/Guardian_of_Forever%2C_2267.jpg

After hours of careful work using primitive vacuum tube circuits, Spock discovers that McCoy, if not stopped, will prevent Keeler's death. Keeler will then found a peace movement which will delay U.S. entry into World War II and allow Germany time to develop the atom bomb and conquer the world.
On his way to see a Clark Gable movie with Edith, Kirk learns from Edith that Dr. McCoy is in town and then immediately sees Bones across the street. Despite his love for Edith Keeler, Kirk holds Bones back to prevent him from saving Keeler as she crosses the street in front of a truck. The past is returned to what it had been before, and Kirk, Spock, and McCoy return to the planet of the Guardian where their landing party has been waiting, but for only a few seconds of real time. Communications with the Enterprise are restored, and when the Guardian asks if anyone else desires to make a journey in time, Kirk responds "Let's get the hell out of here."

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheCityOnTheEdgeOfForever.html (http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheCityOnTheEdgeOfForever.html) <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

camelcowboy
02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Im pissed i wasted my time even looking at this thread. Its like a car accident i can't look away. Thanks for dropping my iq 6 points skooby :down:

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Im pissed i wasted my time even looking at this thread. Its like a car accident i can't look away. Thanks for dropping my iq 6 points skooby :down:

I didn't know you could go into negative #'s with an IQ test but I guess misspelling your name could do it.

P.S. Your welcome.

camelcowboy
02-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I didn't know you could go into negative #'s with an IQ test but I guess misspelling your name could do it.

P.S. Your welcome.

What are you talking about? Get out of your mothers basement and get a life.

P.S. star trek sucks

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
What are you talking about? Get out of your mothers basement and get a life.

P.S. star trek sucks

This type of statement speaks all to much about the poster, reread what I wrote and try to figure it out. It's probably alot deeper than a fry cook could understand but that's why yourhost still hires people like you.

camelcowboy
02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
This type of statement speaks all to much about the poster, reread what I wrote and try to figure it out. It's probably alot deeper than a fry cook could understand but that's why yourhost still hires people like you.

Hey deep one!

put a space between "yourhost"

I will not waste my time reading your dribble. All i have to see is that your point requires quoting a episode of Star Trek.

P.S. please don't blast me with your phaser

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey deep one put a space between "yourhost"

You obviously never visited the restaurant on union by the 33 exit in cheektowaga but yvon served me & many of my friends there 15 years ago. Funny thing is one of the guys we used to hang out with ended up behind counter there all night long.

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey deep one!

I will not waste my time reading your dribble. All i have to see is that your point requires quoting a episode of Star Trek.

P.S. please don't blast me with your phaser

I knew you didn't read it and therefore will not understand it, funny how I knew that huh?

Those handheld portable communicators that we're so far out are now in the hands of nearly every teenager now. Wow, this stuff is like so science fiction. :candle:

camelcowboy
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I knew you didn't read it and therefore will not understand it, funny how I knew that huh?

Those handheld portable communicators that we're so far out are now in the hands of nearly every teenager now. Wow, this stuff is like so science fiction. :candle:

Hopefully a real life tractor beam will be created so you can get a girlfriend :up:

Mitchy moo
02-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Hopefully a real life tractor beam will be created so you can get a girlfriend :up:

Lol, good one. Lord knows i need it! :respect:

LtFinFan66
02-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Do you really think Buffalo is judged by its sports teams?? Maybe the cold and the billion inches of snow has a lot to do with it as well. Many people don't even follow sports. Just my 2 cents :2cents:

camelcowboy
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Do you really think Buffalo is judged by its sports teams?? Maybe the cold and the billion inches of snow has a lot to do with it as well. Many people don't even follow sports. Just my 2 cents :2cents:

Buffalo has deep roots of depression starting at the Pan American Exposition. A event back a hundred years ago was almost as big as the superbowl. Anyway, Buffalo failed at that, President McKinley getting Blown away, killed the fair and put the city in a very negative light. The falling of the steel industry, railroad expansion and the St. Lawerance Seaway killing other industries in the area such as graining, and lumber. Years of corupt government are just some of the factors leading to this defeatist view of our city. The sports teams are just a microcasim of the problem as a whole. Just one more thing Buffalo can't do. Not many things have gone right in Buffalo, and winning a sporting event would change very little. But its sure would be a nice change of pace that would make me happier as a person.

Mitchy moo
02-12-2007, 05:45 AM
Buffalo has deep roots of depression starting at the Pan American Exposition. A event back a hundred years ago was almost as big as the superbowl. Anyway, Buffalo failed at that, President McKinley getting Blown away, killed the fair and put the city in a very negative light. The falling of the steel industry, railroad expansion and the St. Lawerance Seaway killing other industries in the area such as graining, and lumber. Years of corupt government are just some of the factors leading to this defeatist view of our city. The sports teams are just a microcasim of the problem as a whole. Just one more thing Buffalo can't do. Not many things have gone right in Buffalo, and winning a sporting event would change very little. But its sure would be a nice change of pace that would make me happier as a person.

I like it CC, sweet.

Mitchy moo
02-12-2007, 05:45 AM

people like talking football w/ me, what can I say?

LtFinFan66
02-12-2007, 05:46 AM
fair enough

JD
02-12-2007, 01:48 PM
When people see that I'm from Buffalo when I go out of town they never really bring up the Bills or Sabres, just the fact that Buffalo is a complete ****hole aka the armpit of America but a haven for Leafs fans on certain nights

Earthquake Enyart
02-12-2007, 01:53 PM
You obviously never visited the restaurant on union by the 33 exit in cheektowaga but yvon served me & many of my friends there 15 years ago. Funny thing is one of the guys we used to hang out with ended up behind counter there all night long.
They had good hot fudge sundaes there. :up:

We used to stop there after the movies.

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
It is cold everywhere in the northeast. Keep your money.

Mitchy moo
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
They had good hot fudge sundaes there. :up:

We used to stop there after the movies.

OMG your right, they used to serve it in that silver thing. Wow, I almost forgot about that!!

LtFinFan66
02-13-2007, 05:29 AM
It is cold everywhere in the northeast. Keep your money.but are any that have football teams as cold and snowy as Buffalo:idunno: Jets-NO, Giants-NO, Pats-NO, Steelers-NO, Eagles-NO

Mitchy moo
02-13-2007, 05:51 AM
but are any that have football teams as cold and snowy as Buffalo:idunno: Jets-NO, Giants-NO, Pats-NO, Steelers-NO, Eagles-NO

How about Denver?? Every primetime game they had this season was white & snowy. The bills had rain at worst for most of their games, remember??

LtFinFan66
02-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Thurm said North East

Mitchy moo
02-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Thurm said North East

fair enough, lol.:respect:

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2007, 08:12 AM
but are any that have football teams as cold and snowy as Buffalo:idunno: Jets-NO, Giants-NO, Pats-NO, Steelers-NO, Eagles-NO
You have no clue what you are talking about! It isn't any colder in Buffalo. In fact the lake, while it does give us a couple extra feet of snow per year keeps our temps mild. Snow does not equal coldest temps in the country man.

Earthquake Enyart
02-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Chicago is waaaay colder than Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Chicago is waaaay colder than Buffalo.
Yes thank you!!! I was in Chitown a couple years back in January and I thought I was going to die!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
02-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Like you said, it snows more in Buffalo because it's not super cold.

We get way more below zero crap in Chicago.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Seasonal Weather for Buffalo, NY
Choose a month: January February March April May June July August September October November December All
Averages for January
Average High 31 &#186;F Average Morning Rel Humidity 79.0%
Average Low 18 &#186;F Average Afternoon Rel Humidity 73.0%
Mean Temperature 25 &#186;F Typical Sky Cover Overcast
Average Dew Point 18 &#186;F Average Precipitation 2.9 in
Average Windspeed 18.35 mph Average Snowfall 23.99 in
Average Wind Direction W

Seasonal Weather for Chicago, IL
Choose a month: January February March April May June July August September October November December All
Averages for January
Average High 29 &#186;F Average Morning Rel Humidity 76.0%
Average Low 13 &#186;F Average Afternoon Rel Humidity 65.0%
Mean Temperature 21 &#186;F Typical Sky Cover Overcast
Average Dew Point 14 &#186;F Average Precipitation 1.6 in
Average Windspeed 11.47 mph Average Snowfall 10.99 in
Average Wind Direction W

Seasonal Weather for Cleveland, OH
Averages for January
Average High 33 &#186;F Average Morning Rel Humidity 79.0%
Average Low 19 &#186;F Average Afternoon Rel Humidity 70.0%
Mean Temperature 26 &#186;F Typical Sky Cover Overcast
Average Dew Point 19 &#186;F Average Precipitation 2.4 in
Average Windspeed 12.65 mph Average Snowfall 13 in
Average Wind Direction SW

Seasonal Weather for Pittsburgh, PA
Averages for January
Average High 35 &#186;F Average Morning Rel Humidity 76.0%
Average Low 20 &#186;F Average Afternoon Rel Humidity 64.0%
Mean Temperature 28 &#186;F Typical Sky Cover Overcast
Average Dew Point 18 &#186;F Average Precipitation 2.8 in
Average Windspeed 13.76 mph Average Snowfall 10.99 in
Average Wind Direction W

Seasonal Weather for Green Bay, WI
Averages for January
Average High 23 &#186;F Average Morning Rel Humidity 77.0%
Average Low 6 &#186;F Average Afternoon Rel Humidity 68.0%
Mean Temperature 15 &#186;F Typical Sky Cover Overcast
Average Dew Point 8 &#186;F Average Precipitation 1.1 in
Average Windspeed 11.47 mph Average Snowfall 10.99 in
Average Wind Direction W

Seasonal Weather for Minneapolis, MN
Averages for January
Average High 21 &#186;F Average Morning Rel Humidity 75.0%
Average Low 3 &#186;F Average Afternoon Rel Humidity 64.0%
Mean Temperature 12 &#186;F Typical Sky Cover Overcast
Average Dew Point 5 &#186;F Average Precipitation 0.8 in
Average Windspeed 13.76 mph Average Snowfall 10.99 in
Average Wind Direction NW

RockStar36
02-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Why do we have to have the snow conversation all the time. It's extremely overrated. There is snow outside. BIG DEAL.

Mitchy moo
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Why do we have to have the snow conversation all the time. It's extremely overrated. There is snow outside. BIG DEAL.

There's snow doubt about it?

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Sorry man I can't stand for ignorance. I always must point it out.

RockStar36
02-13-2007, 09:20 AM
It wasn't directed towards you Thurm. It was directed towards everyone else who keeps badmouthing the Buffalo area because there is snow and cold, like it's something new or something we haven't been living with our whole lives.