• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

City on the edge of forever..........

Many Buffalo natives who leave Buffalo on trips or permanently experience a snicker or snide remark when they tell people where they are from. We get judged by our Football teams failures and it becomes a joke for only one side, the people we meet. You see, I don't think the joke is funny anymore and something needs to happen to change it. The Bills may move away down the road and the world may blow up or get destroyed in the interm but anytime before that happens I have one small dream to ask of the current management of the Sabres, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO Win the cup this year, right now. I don't care if we have to give up Miller for Pronger or Drury and poms for anyone, I want silver shining this year. Whatever the cost, whatever the price, pay the bill if it makes the team better. This is about us winning it all, not making another footnote again.

I want to be able to stop people when they bring up the Bills and put my hand up and say we have the best Hockey team on the planet there. We have the best coach, the best players and the best fans that sold out the whole arena. I want to tell them that we sold twice as many tickets to the Sabres games than the Bills did during the season and we sold out all the games and rocked our opponents nightly.

The person I am speaking to will then have to stick a obligatory hand up and say well I am not that familiar with hockey but those Bills of 1986 we're great and should of won it and that's when I will stop them and say Ironically enough your not that familiar with football either so why am I talking to you again, please STFU.

P.S. The title was based on my favorite Original Star Trek episode, Joan Collins had to die so we all could live. The rest of the NHL needs to do the same so all of us Buffalo fans can live as well.

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheCityOnTheEdgeOfForever.html
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: City on the edge of forever..........

If your drunk and walk up to this thing, walk away.

After hours of careful work using primitive vacuum tube circuits, Spock discovers that McCoy, if not stopped, will prevent Keeler's death. Keeler will then found a peace movement which will delay U.S. entry into World War II and allow Germany time to develop the atom bomb and conquer the world.
    On his way to see a Clark Gable movie with Edith, Kirk learns from Edith that Dr. McCoy is in town and then immediately sees Bones across the street. Despite his love for Edith Keeler, Kirk holds Bones back to prevent him from saving Keeler as she crosses the street in front of a truck. The past is returned to what it had been before, and Kirk, Spock, and McCoy return to the planet of the Guardian where their landing party has been waiting, but for only a few seconds of real time. Communications with the Enterprise are restored, and when the Guardian asks if anyone else desires to make a journey in time, Kirk responds "Let's get the hell out of here."

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheCityOnTheEdgeOfForever.html

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Im pissed i wasted my time even looking at this thread. Its like a car accident i can't look away. Thanks for dropping my iq 6 points skooby

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
        Im pissed i wasted my time even looking at this thread. Its like a car accident i can't look away. Thanks for dropping my iq 6 points skooby
        I didn't know you could go into negative #'s with an IQ test but I guess misspelling your name could do it.

P.S. Your welcome.

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
          I didn't know you could go into negative #'s with an IQ test but I guess misspelling your name could do it.

P.S. Your welcome.
          What are you talking about? Get out of your mothers basement and get a life.

P.S. star trek sucks

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

What are you talking about? Get out of your mothers basement and get a life.

P.S. star trek sucks
            This type of statement speaks all to much about the poster, reread what I wrote and try to figure it out. It's probably alot deeper than a fry cook could understand but that's why yourhost still hires people like you.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

This type of statement speaks all to much about the poster, reread what I wrote and try to figure it out. It's probably alot deeper than a fry cook could understand but that's why yourhost still hires people like you.
              Hey deep one!

put a space between "yourhost"

I will not waste my time reading your dribble. All i have to see is that your point requires quoting a episode of Star Trek.

P.S. please don't blast me with your phaser

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Hey deep one put a space between "yourhost"
                You obviously never visited the restaurant on union by the 33 exit in cheektowaga but yvon served me & many of my friends there 15 years ago. Funny thing is one of the guys we used to hang out with ended up behind counter there all night long.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Hey deep one!

I will not waste my time reading your dribble. All i have to see is that your point requires quoting a episode of Star Trek.

P.S. please don't blast me with your phaser
                  I knew you didn't read it and therefore will not understand it, funny how I knew that huh?

Those handheld portable communicators that we're so far out are now in the hands of nearly every teenager now. Wow, this stuff is like so science fiction.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

I knew you didn't read it and therefore will not understand it, funny how I knew that huh?

Those handheld portable communicators that we're so far out are now in the hands of nearly every teenager now. Wow, this stuff is like so science fiction.
                    Hopefully a real life tractor beam will be created so you can get a girlfriend

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Hopefully a real life tractor beam will be created so you can get a girlfriend
                      Lol, good one. Lord knows i need it!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Do you really think Buffalo is judged by its sports teams?? Maybe the cold and the billion inches of snow has a lot to do with it as well. Many people don't even follow sports. Just my 2 cents

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                          Do you really think Buffalo is judged by its sports teams?? Maybe the cold and the billion inches of snow has a lot to do with it as well. Many people don't even follow sports. Just my 2 cents
                          Buffalo has deep roots of depression starting at the Pan American Exposition. A event back a hundred years ago was almost as big as the superbowl. Anyway, Buffalo failed at that, President McKinley getting Blown away, killed the fair and put the city in a very negative light. The falling of the steel industry, railroad expansion and the St. Lawerance Seaway killing other industries in the area such as graining, and lumber. Years of corupt government are just some of the factors leading to this defeatist view of our city. The sports teams are just a microcasim of the problem as a whole. Just one more thing Buffalo can't do. Not many things have gone right in Buffalo, and winning a sporting event would change very little. But its sure would be a nice change of pace that would make me happier as a person.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Buffalo has deep roots of depression starting at the Pan American Exposition. A event back a hundred years ago was almost as big as the superbowl. Anyway, Buffalo failed at that, President McKinley getting Blown away, killed the fair and put the city in a very negative light. The falling of the steel industry, railroad expansion and the St. Lawerance Seaway killing other industries in the area such as graining, and lumber. Years of corupt government are just some of the factors leading to this defeatist view of our city. The sports teams are just a microcasim of the problem as a whole. Just one more thing Buffalo can't do. Not many things have gone right in Buffalo, and winning a sporting event would change very little. But its sure would be a nice change of pace that would make me happier as a person.
                            I like it CC, sweet.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                              people like talking football w/ me, what can I say?

Comment

Working...
                              X