PDA

View Full Version : Could Randy Moss or Jerry Porter fill our wr need?

Buffalogic
02-12-2007, 02:18 AM
It's pretty clear that both of these players may be traded, would Buffalo be interested?

Both of these players have baggage, but a change of scenery would be beneficial for each of them.

Would anyone embrace Moss in Buffalo? What if we could get him for a third round pick?

LtFinFan66
02-12-2007, 02:22 AM
DUCK! :couch: Folks here want high character guys and they won't fit the bill

Jan Reimers
02-12-2007, 04:36 AM
It's not only character, but neither has particularly distinguished himself on the field in recent years, either.

I would like to see some young talent filling our areas of need, rather than has-beens with little upside and lousy attitudes.

clumping platelets
02-12-2007, 04:54 AM
I wouldn't mind giving Porter a chance as long as the price was reasonable..........

clumping platelets
02-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Porter's salary is only $1 million/season thru 2009...........I wonder what bonuses he has

YardRat
02-12-2007, 05:04 AM
I'd give Porter a shot....Moss's work ethic is too tarnished for me.

Ebenezer
02-12-2007, 05:29 AM
I'd take a chance on Porter...I'd rather drink American beer than have Moss on the team

Night Train
02-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Why speculate when it has zero chance of happening ?

Oaklandraider
02-12-2007, 05:51 AM
Moss may be gone but porter will not be. Porter has made it clear he wants to stay and that he liked lane kiffin.

Moss however said he wants to be on an east coast team with a nightlife.

Night Train
02-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Moss however said he wants to be on an east coast team with a nightlife.

The Argos are calling.

ICE74129
02-12-2007, 06:10 AM
I am with clump but would porter be willing to be a clear cut #2?

See I have a bad feeling about this establishment that they feel somehow a bunch of #3's are going to = a #2 WR. IMO we dont' have a clear cut threat #2 WR and until we do, we are going to strugle on offense

RockStar36
02-12-2007, 07:22 AM
NO.

BAM
02-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I'd be down for giving Porter a chance too.

And Eb, have a Yuengling!

DraftBoy
02-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Id go with Porter for sure, and Im not concerned about somebody being labeled our #2 WR, Losman showed last season he will spread the ball around. So I think if we had two good WR's, itd be like 1a and 1b. We'd really be dangerous through the air then.

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Randy Moss- HELL NO.

Porter- he has his issues but he'd be an improvement over anyone on our current roster except Evans. He could be worth a shot.

But expect it to be a 2 year solution. He seems to be one of these guys who gets 2-3 years before he needs a change of scenery to be productive.

RockStar36
02-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Porter isn't very high character if I remember correctly.

Talk0fNewYork
02-12-2007, 08:41 AM
How is Price not a number 2? Jp barely ever threw to him (and not because he wasn't open!) give the guy a shot.

RockStar36
02-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Price is fine at the #2 spot. This team has so many other needs WR should be last on the list.

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
How is Price not a number 2? Jp barely ever threw to him (and not because he wasn't open!) give the guy a shot.

Price is washed up. He's done nothing since 2002. He's a servicable #3 at best.

camelcowboy
02-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Porter isn't very high character if I remember correctly.

Most of his issues started to stem when art shell took the gig and the raiders became stool softner of the NFL. Porter just appears to be sick of losing. Moss's character has always been questionable from his days at Marshall up till today. The only difference is that teams would put of with his **** because he produced on the football field, after the last couple years he's underachieved in that sense as well. Trading for Moss is a far bigger risk then trading for porter.

BillsNick
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM

I disagree. Price did an excellent job for us this year.

BAM
02-12-2007, 11:32 AM
I agree Nick. He had some nifty catches this year that's for sure! Some of which weren't ruled actual catches though. :mad:

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I disagree. Price did an excellent job for us this year.

but he wasn't anywhere near consistent enough to be a #2.

Everyone keeps saying that Josh Reed and Price are about to break out- "Just give Reed one more year- he's coming around". "Just give Price one more year to return to his 2002 form- he's coming around".

I'm sick of this ****. We need someone who can CONSISTENTLY take pressure off of Evans and give JP a target. Neither Price nor Reed have demonstrated the ability to do that.

ICE74129
02-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Price is fine at the #2 spot. This team has so many other needs WR should be last on the list.

Price is NOT fine at #2. Marv overpaid for a guy that isn't a #2 WR in this league. We need a drastic upgrade at #2 before we can start seriously contending

RockStar36
02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought he did well.

I liked that catch against Houston. Pretty talented to make that catch. :up:

Buffalogic
02-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Nobody would even entertain the thought of Moss as a bill?

It's pretty clear that he's just not trying out there in Oakland, but I kinda give him a pass for that. Oakland is a joke and it's surprising to me that Randy Moss hasn't been more obnoxious to get himself out of there.

Moss really hasn't been in the media for anything ridiculous in a good while. Maybe he's getting older and realizes he wants a campionship. He could be pretty productive up here in Buffalo and could stay out of trouble.

Just a thought.

RockStar36
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Nobody would even entertain the thought of Moss as a bill?

It's pretty clear that he's just not trying out there in Oakland, but I kinda give him a pass for that. Oakland is a joke and it's surprising to me that Randy Moss hasn't been more obnoxious to get himself out of there.

Moss really hasn't been in the media for anything ridiculous in a good while. Maybe he's getting older and realizes he wants a campionship. He could be pretty productive up here in Buffalo and could stay out of trouble.

Just a thought.

Sorry, I don't give him a pass. He's a millionaire and is getting paid a TON to play a game. There is absolutely no excuse for not trying. I don't care where the player is playing. That's some BS.

jamze132
02-12-2007, 01:27 PM
It's not only character, but neither has particularly distinguished himself on the field in recent years, either.

I would like to see some young talent filling our areas of need, rather than has-beens with little upside and lousy attitudes.
Awesome post. I don't think either one fit the "bill". I would like to draft a big guy.

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I thought he did well.

I liked that catch against Houston. Pretty talented to make that catch. :up:

there is no doubt that he had a few great plays this year, that being one of them. But there were also huge streaks where he was invisible, which allows other teams to double Evans. We need more production out of the #2 to open space for Evans. Maybe "washed up" was too harsh, but he 's still a #3 at best- he's not consistent enough for a #2 anymore.

Stewie
02-12-2007, 03:12 PM
You guys have to be kidding me about not wanting Randy Moss for a third round pick.

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
You guys have to be kidding me about not wanting Randy Moss for a third round pick.

Does he make teams better or worse?

Stewie
02-12-2007, 03:22 PM
You tell me.

Is this word a third rounder?

This is Oakland Randy.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LpOYkVdCMXU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LpOYkVdCMXU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Stewie
02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
BTW you can watch Randy burn Clements at 1:40. The same Clements that could get 60 million on the open market.

So, is Randy worth a third rounder?

OpIv37
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
BTW you can watch Randy burn Clements at 1:40. The same Clements that could get 60 million on the open market.

So, is Randy worth a third rounder?

oh but I thought Clements was a shut down corner who never gets beat by another team's #1 receiver and the game against Chambers was a fluke. You're saying he may NOT be worth $60 million? Oh man, this is a shock.

Buffalogic
02-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm not real big on players with baggage, but I think I could deal with Moss. I mean this is a guy that could have broken all of Jerry Rice's records had it not been for Oakland wasting years of his career.

Lee Evans and Randy Moss opposite each other? And for a third round pick? Lol that would be funny for other teams defenses to cover. And with Losman's arm strength it sounds even better.

ricogarion
02-13-2007, 05:09 AM
These guys put the bad in Bad Boyz.If your looking at talent at any cost then by all means bring them in.But if you actually want character guys steer clear and save on bulk purchases of aspirin.

Oaklandraider
02-13-2007, 05:54 AM
people please, Moss may stay now. Porter is back on board and likes lane kiffin alot. I dont want moss on the raiders and i hope he gets traded to detroit where he can rot. The thing is Moss is not going for a mere third rounder, the st.pettersburg times in minny made that up just like they made up the larry fitz story for a 2nd rounder. The st.pettersburg times are homer vikes fans that make up rumors.

Talk0fNewYork
02-13-2007, 08:10 AM
How does he get washed up? Does he ever drop balls, run slower? NO! If Jp threw to PP as mutch as Lee, Price would be the one with 80 rec. 1,000 yards.

Talk0fNewYork
02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
but he wasn't anywhere near consistent enough to be a #2.

Everyone keeps saying that Josh Reed and Price are about to break out- "Just give Reed one more year- he's coming around". "Just give Price one more year to return to his 2002 form- he's coming around".

I'm sick of this ****. We need someone who can CONSISTENTLY take pressure off of Evans and give JP a target. Neither Price nor Reed have demonstrated the ability to do that.
The QB wasn't consistent at getting him the ball, theres a difference!
When was lee ever pressure this year? That Line is so over used it's sick!

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm not real big on players with baggage, but I think I could deal with Moss. I mean this is a guy that could have broken all of Jerry Rice's records had it not been for Oakland wasting years of his career.

Lee Evans and Randy Moss opposite each other? And for a third round pick? Lol that would be funny for other teams defenses to cover. And with Losman's arm strength it sounds even better.

Until Moss quits playing because Evans has 80 receptions.

This guy has quit on two teams. Why do we want to be the 3rd?

Talk0fNewYork
02-13-2007, 08:16 AM
oh but I thought Clements was a shut down corner who never gets beat by another team's #1 receiver and the game against Chambers was a fluke. You're saying he may NOT be worth $60 million? Oh man, this is a shock.
Most of those catches weren't against clements, and clements made him fumble!

Bill Brasky
02-13-2007, 08:17 AM
It's pretty clear that both of these players may be traded, would Buffalo be interested?

Both of these players have baggage, but a change of scenery would be beneficial for each of them.

Would anyone embrace Moss in Buffalo? What if we could get him for a third round pick?

I think I'm probably the only Bills fan alive that would love to see Moss here.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM

Like I already said, he quit on two teams already.

Why let him go for a 3rd?

If he came, Evans would have to go. There is no way Moss would share the spotlight. Also, since both are speed guys, the Bills would need to get a new #2 to play across the middle.

Moss is an incredible talent, but a poor football player.

Bill Brasky
02-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Like I already said, he quit on two teams already.

Why let him go for a 3rd?

If he came, Evans would have to go. There is no way Moss would share the spotlight. Also, since both are speed guys, the Bills would need to get a new #2 to play across the middle.

Moss is an incredible talent, but a poor football player.

Like him or not, I can see his side of the argument.

Let's face it guys, though we may not look at it this way, football is merely a job for most of these guys.

When you look at it like that, it's easy to see why a guy like Moss is enraged at his situation. I mean, think about it. How many people here have been so pissed at work to the point where they basically wash their hands of it?

Though it doesn't justify the actions, this is unfortunately how the game is nowadays because of money/greed.

Also, who says the Bills have to follow everybody else's lead by getting the stereotypical "speed guy" and "guy that can go over the middle"? This offense has all the tools to be the fastest in the NFL. Bring in Moss, upgrade the guards, and bring in an TE. They had no "big go-over-the-middle guy" last year and still won more games than most of us expected - and would have won more if not for some defensive meltdowns.

Hate on Moss, but you can't deny that an offense built like that wouldn't be fun as hell to watch, and after the last 7 years of miserable, lackluster football, Bills fans deserve to be excited for once.

Philagape
02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Randy Moss is a human colostomy bag.

Buffalogic
01-29-2009, 03:27 AM
I still want Moss...

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Moss of course but NE would never trade him to us.

Porter SUCKS

lukabrossi
01-29-2009, 09:30 AM
we don't need another mans garbage....we got enough of our own.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Nope I am with you. How wouldn't you want him?

yordad
01-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Nope I am with you. How wouldn't you want him?You guys realize this thread is super old, and it is easy to want him now, right?

Buffalogic
01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Ya this thread is from when Moss was available and people here DIDN'T want him here. Then the pats get him for nothing and dominate the league. Too much baggage for what? to score 20+ tds a season? lol. Told ya so!

Oaf
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
That's some solid posting on Bill Brasky's part.

hydro
01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Other than the fact that everyone forgets that Moss has to be motivated. You think he would be the Raiders Moss or Patriots Moss in Buffalo? I am willing to bet he would be more Raider Moss than anything.

yordad
01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Other than the fact that everyone forgets that Moss has to be motivated. You think he would be the Raiders Moss or Patriots Moss in Buffalo? I am willing to bet he would be more Raider Moss than anything.In 2005 an "unmotivated" Moss caught 60 passes and gained 1005 yards for the Raiders.