PDA

View Full Version : Bills Pick in Mock Draft off of Sportsline

Arod3619
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr rowspan="4" class="bg1"><td colspan="2" class="bg0font" height="17">12. Buffalo Bills</td> </tr> <tr class="bg2" valign="top"> <td rowspan="1" width="60"> <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="60"> <tbody><tr> <td width="60"> http://images.sportsline.com/images/nfl/features/helmets/BUF.gif </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td><!--- <a href="/nfl/players/draft/420098"> --->Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC -- Despite a lack of deep speed, Jarrett is among the best playmakers at receiver in this draft. Many projected his statistics would drop off with Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and LenDale White off to the NFL last year, but he still finished with 70 catches for 1,015 yards and 12 touchdowns. Despite leaving with a year of eligibility remaining, Jarrett is the Pac-10's career record holder for receiving touchdowns with 41. The Bills don't need a deep threat with Lee Evans emerging as one of the league's premier big-play threats, and Jarrett's size and strong hands would provide the perfect complement.

What do you guys think of the pick?
</td></tr></tbody></table>

ZacGriffi~82
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
It depends what we do in FA.

Jan Reimers
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I think he'd be a great number 2, and a force in the red zone.

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I would be ok with it as long as O line was addressed in FA.

ICE74129
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
It depends what we do in FA. agreed. We shore up LG, DT, OLB, a CB to compete for the other spot, Maybe OLB and RB....yeah we can draft a WR

Jersey1031
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I love this pick... As long as we address DT, LB, OL, and maybe CB in free agency.

***I didn't read Ice's post.***

casdhf
02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
***I didn't read Ice's post.***

Does anyone?

Yasgur's Farm
02-12-2007, 05:33 PM
The only move better for me is moving up for Calvin Johnson.

gr8slayer
02-12-2007, 06:04 PM
agreed. We shore up LG, DT, OLB, a CB to compete for the other spot, Maybe OLB and RB....yeah we can draft a WR
You might as well pick another team to route for. We are not going to make any huge splashes in FA and I'm glad. I'm against over paying for other teams players. Draft well = winner.

The Spaz
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Would be a great pick. Just hope we do the right things in the FA period.

clumping platelets
02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I think he'd be a great number 2, and a force in the red zone.

:goodpost:

YardRat
02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I'd take it.

tampabay25690
02-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Like the pick also but DT, MLB, OL are big need also.....MIDDLE of our Defense is a huge need right now though...

ricogarion
02-13-2007, 05:27 AM
I am torn really as there has to be a half dozen guys I wish we could draft at our spot,I am so greedy when it comes to helping out our cause.

Night Train
02-13-2007, 05:38 AM
He's a great talent with the attitude of T. Owens. I'm not sure the Bills would pick a guy like him. Likes to taunt and talk trash.

Yasgur's Farm
02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
He's a great talent with the attitude of T. Owens. I'm not sure the Bills would pick a guy like him. Likes to taunt and talk trash.I believe your reference base is just 1 game... How many taunting penalties did he get over the course of his college career?

Oaklandraider
02-13-2007, 05:58 AM
I think you guys could have a very explosive offense with jarett.

chernobylwraiths
02-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Dumb pick. We have far greater needs that can be fulfilled in this spot. We don't have Donahoe anymore who make flashy picks.

Night Train
02-13-2007, 06:15 AM
I believe your reference base is just 1 game... How many taunting penalties did he get over the course of his college career?

Don't tell it to me. Tell it to Marv. I've seen his act in several games. Here is a well known scouting publication and its bottom line report on Jarrett.

Jarrett does not have superstar ability but believes he does and acts like it. He is a me-first, showboat type of player who could become a long-term concern in the locker room because he never will be the focus of an NFL offense.

Yasgur's Farm
02-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Don't tell it to me. Tell it to Marv. I've seen his act in several games. Here is a well known scouting publication and its bottom line report on Jarrett.

Jarrett does not have superstar ability but believes he does and acts like it. He is a me-first, showboat type of player who could become a long-term concern in the locker room because he never will be the focus of an NFL offense."well known"? I would add weight to it if I knew who wrote it...

Link please.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-13-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm not opposed to the Bills adding a play-making WR with their first pick in the draft and have said that I would not be surprised if they were to do so. And, Jarrett, who is originally from New Jersey (so he wouldn't be that far away from his family in Buffalo), certainly fits that bill.

Having said that, I'm not sure that the Bills couldn't find a faster big WR with nearly as much ability, perhaps even later on in the draft (I can't help but wonder what S.Rice would be able to do with a decent QB throwing to him; Meacham is also an interesting guy in that same mold; D.Bowe has really come on, too; and, while Ginn, Jr. doesn't have the size or route-running, he's as much of a play-maker as Jarrett).

And, then, there are, as everyone has pointed out, the Bills other needs: those are not all going to be addressed in free agency and they are going to have to fill some of them in the draft. If the Bills do go for an offensive play-maker with their first pick, they are going to have to make some very good picks later on to fill some of their more pressing needs in the middle rounds. It's doable, but it certainly won't be easy for them to do that, though.

The Bills have many options in terms of how they can choose to go with their first pick in this draft--especially since we don't know what they will be able to do in free agency yet--so it is going to be interesting to see what they do. It should make for some really interesting discussions here over the next couple of months!

X-Era
02-13-2007, 06:47 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr rowspan="4" class="bg1"><td colspan="2" class="bg0font" height="17">12. Buffalo Bills</td> </tr> <tr class="bg2" valign="top"> <td rowspan="1" width="60"> <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="60"> <tbody><tr> <td width="60"> http://images.sportsline.com/images/nfl/features/helmets/BUF.gif </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td><!--- <a href="/nfl/players/draft/420098"> --->Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC -- Despite a lack of deep speed, Jarrett is among the best playmakers at receiver in this draft. Many projected his statistics would drop off with Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and LenDale White off to the NFL last year, but he still finished with 70 catches for 1,015 yards and 12 touchdowns. Despite leaving with a year of eligibility remaining, Jarrett is the Pac-10's career record holder for receiving touchdowns with 41. The Bills don't need a deep threat with Lee Evans emerging as one of the league's premier big-play threats, and Jarrett's size and strong hands would provide the perfect complement.

What do you guys think of the pick?
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Love it. We may have bigger needs, but there may be no better player at our pick and even though this is a lesser need, its a need. This move would be playing to the strength of the draft and thats how you change your fortunes fast.

RockStar36
02-13-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm not impressed enough with Jarrett.

Saratoga Slim
02-13-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm not impressed enough with Jarrett.

I'm impressed with his stats, but that Bowl game really turned me off to him. I'll defer to Marv, as I'm sure he's not going to draft a MeShawn or TO, but he just doesn't seem like spectacular enough an athlete to take the chance on locker room problems.

RockStar36
02-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Not only that but I seem to remember a recent USC WR who has been a bust in the NFL. I just don't think it's worth the 12th overall pick. I'm a huge Willis homer and I'd rather see them take a RB at 12 than a WR.

patmoran2006
02-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I dont see any possible way Levy would draft a WR with the 12th pick.

I think he'd take Lynch at #12 at RB before Jarrett, and personally I dont think he'll take either.

RockStar36
02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I doubt he'll take Lynch now. I just heard on Cold Pizza that Lynch has been in trouble recently and it's possible he could drop to round two because of it, although that is still doubtful.