PDA

View Full Version : Taylor got ripped on Sirrius for the hit on Moorman.

HHURRICANE
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Afternoon Blitz was saying the hit was uncalled for. Said Moorman showed a lot by bouncing up but that it never should have happened in the first place. They also said that this incident along with Brees getting hurt could make the Pro Bowl obsolete because teams and agents are not going to subject their players to the BS.

Bling
02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
WQAM loved Taylor's hit. They said it was great, and stuff like this will bring back the excitement of the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl is becoming too sissy.

Jan Reimers
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
What would anyone expect? Taylor is a criminal, a thug, and a classless goon.

casdhf
02-12-2007, 05:31 PM
It was a legal hit ... Moorman weighs like 150 pounds, what did they expect when he took off?

don137
02-12-2007, 05:34 PM
The chances of getting hurt in a football game is much greater than any other sport. With the top players playing in a useless game it is just a matter of time before they do away with the game and maybe do a skills competition instead. Football has grown so much that no one wants to risk getting hurt and I don't blame them.
And Taylor is a thug from the "U". That university produces some of the lowest character players in the NFL. It's hard to believe Jim Kelly went there.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-12-2007, 05:36 PM
It was a legal hit ... Moorman weighs like 150 pounds, what did they expect when he took off?

Agreed the hit wouldnt have looked so bad if it were a RB.. A safety vs a punter isnt a great matchup..

SlamminSammy
02-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I believe Sean unloads more on RBs than he did Moorman. Look at his videos on youtube of hitting people like Antoino Gates, Shockey, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Williams, Joey Porter. He made a WR do a 270 degree spin while playing at Miami.

gr8slayer
02-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Pro Bowl or not it is football. It's stupid for people to say "well Taylor did it because he's a thug." Shut your face, I wish everyone else in the Pro Bowl played as hard as Taylor was playing, the game might actually be worth watching.

HHURRICANE
02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
WQAM loved Taylor's hit. They said it was great, and stuff like this will bring back the excitement of the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl is becoming too sissy.

The problem is that most players know that this is a Pro Bowl game and don't try to light people up. Taylor's hit would have been fine if everybody was playing with the same intent. That's why a lot of people think it was uncalled for.

gr8slayer
02-12-2007, 06:04 PM
The problem is that most players know that this is a Pro Bowl game and don't try to light people up. Taylor's hit would have been fine if everybody was playing with the same intent. That's why a lot of people think it was uncalled for.
IT'S FOOTBALL. Its a collision sport.

Bling
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM

What really is the point of the Pro Bowl? I thought it was to live out the fantasy of seeing the best players of the league play one another. You know you'd be pimping Sean Taylor if he was on your team and he nailed Brian Moorman who was on the Dolphins. It was a clean hit, and if Bills fans don't like it, tell Ralph not to send his players. Claim they're hurt. Brian can refuse BB's stupid playcalling. This isn't Sean Taylor's fault, and it isn't the league's fault. I don't care what some idiot on Sirrius radio says. I don't care what Ron Jaworski thinks of JP Losman. I don't care what Michael Wilbon thinks of Rush Limbaugh. I don't care what commentators say, they're opinions are useless.

B-DON
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I dont why some morons insist to talk about Taylor's criminal history like it has any relevance to this argument or conversation. Leagl hit what else is there to say. I would have done the same thing and i have no criminal record

HHURRICANE
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
What really is the point of the Pro Bowl? I thought it was to live out the fantasy of seeing the best players of the league play one another. You know you'd be pimping Sean Taylor if he was on your team and he nailed Brian Moorman who was on the Dolphins. It was a clean hit, and if Bills fans don't like it, tell Ralph not to send his players. Claim they're hurt. Brian can refuse BB's stupid playcalling. This isn't Sean Taylor's fault, and it isn't the league's fault. I don't care what some idiot on Sirrius radio says. I don't care what Ron Jaworski thinks of JP Losman. I don't care what Michael Wilbon thinks of Rush Limbaugh. I don't care what commentators say, they're opinions are useless.

Read my posts. I'm just stating what was said and why. Obviously there are a few that don't agree with your opinion. Plus you were the same guy calling Taylor a thug on the thread below:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=119753&page=3

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
What would anyone expect? Taylor is a criminal, a thug, and a classless goon.

Unless he wore the Red, White and Blue.

skinsfan
02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
If he doesn't want to get hit then he should just punt it or not play football. Its the NFL...not flag football

Bling
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Read my posts. I'm just stating what was said and why. Obviously there are a few that don't agree with your opinion. Plus you were the same guy calling Taylor a thug on the thread below:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=119753&page=3

I said he thinks he's tough. Never called him a thug. What he did was legal, and should be encouraged by the league. What I didn't like is his reaction. He should've clocked Moorman, but should've just walked off the field afterwards. Instead he dances around like the douchebag he is. Celebrate knocking out LT.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2007, 07:16 PM
The hit could have been alot worse. All Taylor, 6'2" 232 Lbs., did was throw his shoulder into the 6' 175 Lbs. Moorman.

BAM
02-12-2007, 08:08 PM

I loved the hit.

They're football players.

They make millions.

They get paid to make hits.

They should be able to take hits.

As if all the recently invented penalties on a QB weren't enough.

Cry me a river.

BAM
02-12-2007, 08:10 PM
If he doesn't want to get hit then he should just punt it or not play football. Its the NFL...not flag football

Right on!

Jan Reimers
02-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Actually, that kind of hit will hasten the end of the Pro Bowl. No team will want to risk serious injury to one of its key players in a meaningless game. The Drew Brees injury is bad enough. But as long as everyone "plays nice," the game is a tolerable sham.

If it starts to get vicious, there will be little interest in sending top players.

ricogarion
02-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey Bam, Taylor is a loser anyways,yeah its the game get physical and all that crap but c'mon did he have to blast the dude then celebrate like he just went out with an all time hottie? Have just an iota of class for goodness sake, I think it took more class for Moorman to pop up and seek out Taylor and commend his hit.

HHURRICANE
02-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Actually, that kind of hit will hasten the end of the Pro Bowl. No team will want to risk serious injury to one of its key players in a meaningless game. The Drew Brees injury is bad enough. But as long as everyone "plays nice," the game is a tolerable sham.

If it starts to get vicious, there will be little interest in sending top players.

BINGO. Somebody actually thought out the thread.

Devin
02-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Pro Bowl or not it is football. It's stupid for people to say "well Taylor did it because he's a thug." Shut your face, I wish everyone else in the Pro Bowl played as hard as Taylor was playing, the game might actually be worth watching.

I agree with the idea. Yeah its football, and the pro-bowl is a football game.....dont play if you dont wanna get hit. Punters included.

That being said Taylor is a classless player. He always has been. By most accounts on and off the field.

ParanoidAndroid
02-13-2007, 08:56 AM

So are yours....right?

Without opinions, there would be very little discussion. That may well be a good thing sometimes.

Disregarding opinion may be a noble action in many cases, but you cannot disregard the opinions of others while forwarding your own without looking foolish.

BAM
02-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey Bam, Taylor is a loser anyways,yeah its the game get physical and all that crap but c'mon did he have to blast the dude then celebrate like he just went out with an all time hottie? Have just an iota of class for goodness sake, I think it took more class for Moorman to pop up and seek out Taylor and commend his hit.

He was just pumped up I mean, it was a heck of a hit granted it was on a punter but still. That may have been the hit of the year! Yah he probably didn't need to celebrate that much though.

STAMPY
02-13-2007, 02:30 PM
:rofl: i recall most of board begging bills moved up and somehow grabbed taylor a few years back.

Bling
02-13-2007, 06:12 PM
:rofl: i recall most of board begging bills moved up and somehow grabbed taylor a few years back.
and they'd be slurping his schlong if they had him and he knocked out some punter. People are such hypocrites. Poor little Brian Moorman got hurt... :cry:

Honestly, do you think people want to see a football game or flag football? There's a balance, and right now the league is leaning heavily towards two hand touch. Let the players ****ing play. If you don't want in, get the **** out. I think the league has no problem replacing Brian Moorman with any other douchebag punter. People complain that they don't care about the Pro Bowl because it's now a soft game, but whenever somebody gets hurt, we need to look out for the players. It's hypocrite comments like this that is making the QB untouchable and the league looking softer every day.

Bling
02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
So are yours....right?

No **** sherlock. But I don't see any of you morons on here going to work bragging about what some guy named Bling on the internet thinks of Lee Evans. Sirrius radio, Ron Jaworski, Sean Salisbury's opinions matter as much as mine, but yet you guys put these guys on pedastals as if they know everything. They don't. Most of them are complete baffoons.

don137
02-13-2007, 06:37 PM
All Star games, no matter the sport, there is an unwritten code of conduct of not trying to hurt someone. Yes, football is a contact sport and what Taylor did is legal but in all-star games are meant to showcase the top talent and not try to put someone out. I commend Moorman's attitude but if people are going to take shots like that then like Jan said the pro bowl won't last much longer.

ParanoidAndroid
02-14-2007, 05:36 AM
No **** sherlock. But I don't see any of you morons on here going to work bragging about what some guy named Bling on the internet thinks of Lee Evans. Sirrius radio, Ron Jaworski, Sean Salisbury's opinions matter as much as mine, but yet you guys put these guys on pedastals as if they know everything. They don't. Most of them are complete baffoons.

Now you're tossing insults. Morons?

Both of those names you forwarded know quite a bit about football and they get paid for partly that reason. They're not always right, but I surely value their opinions much higher than yours. If there were people who were always right, no one -except for them- would need to say anything but "please" and "thank you." And we would call them "Emperor."

Show me where I or anyone else put anyone up on a pedestel. I have seen others agree with their (sports commentators) opinions, but apparently, that is not allowed because you don't. Agreeing is not idolizing and simply agreeing once does not obligate anyone to agree always and forever. For instance, sometimes I agree with you.

casdhf
02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
MOORMAN LOVE THE HIT! WTF is wrong with you people? He got up, loved it and asked for another.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
MOORMAN LOVE THE HIT! WTF is wrong with you people? He got up, loved it and asked for another.
I don't mind your negging me, but I don't understand your "at least sign it" reference.

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM

He loved the hit?

I think the point is that it's a meaningless game and that everybody there is smart enough to realize that these guys need to stay healthy to collect their paychecks next year.

If Moorman doesn't get up and he ends up getting post concussion syndrome and can't play anymore, do you love the hit? In a regular season game I would be 100% with you. In a Pro Bowl game nobody should be at risk of getting hurt.

Bling
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
He loved the hit?

I think the point is that it's a meaningless game and that everybody there is smart enough to realize that these guys need to stay healthy to collect their paychecks next year.

If Moorman doesn't get up and he ends up getting post concussion syndrome and can't play anymore, do you love the hit? In a regular season game I would be 100% with you. In a Pro Bowl game nobody should be at risk of getting hurt.

Agreed. Let's make the Pro Bowl a two-hand touch game.

STAMPY
02-16-2007, 06:24 PM
He loved the hit?

As a BILLS fan, Bottomline if that was OLINDA MARE or RONNIE BROWN. This would not be argued in this light. We'd all say oh what a pansy, suck it up. Where are your balls. THIS IS NFL not SISSY LEAGUE.

I don't care what game it is. If it is an NFL game... ALL GOES