PDA

View Full Version : Now, should TD move down??

Ebenezer
03-07-2003, 11:30 AM
The draft is mega-deep at DL...should TD do the prudent thing...trade down (no more than 10 spots) and pick up another pick and still get a DL??

I say YES!!

The_Philster
03-07-2003, 11:34 AM
I'd take a wait-and-see attitude. See how the picks are shaping up in the first 15 slots or so. If it looks like we could get someone good later in the round than what we are supposed to pick, then yes. But if there's a run on players that we like, no.

Tatonka
03-07-2003, 11:36 AM
i say move down to about where the raiders are, and draft mathis (ingtars recommendation for the best cover FS in the draft).. then we can use the pick we acquire in the second or third for the DL help.

Pride
03-07-2003, 11:36 AM
I agree. Wait until draft day, see if someone behind us wants someone bad enough to move up. We can get more that way.

Alot of things can happen between now and then, better to wait and see what falls in our lap.

TacklingDummy
03-07-2003, 11:45 AM
Draft a RB with the first pick. Next year Henry will be out the door and we will need his replacement. Just like we did with Josh Reed last year. Plus if Henry continues to fumble next year we will have someone else who can run the ball.

We will be drafting a RB this year. Its almost a guarantee.

Tatonka
03-07-2003, 11:48 AM
onterio smith would be my choice at rb.. he may be had in the 2nd round.. or suggs.. (vtech alum going with the homer pick :D )

BillsNYC
03-07-2003, 12:16 PM
you know whats funny? i bet td has this master plan that is above and beyond anything we could ever think of....the guy is 10 steps ahead of the rest of the nfl....

Ebenezer
03-07-2003, 12:17 PM
the way a good GM should be...are you paying attention mr. buttler...it's just not about spending money. how many times did Butler trade down...etc, etc, etc.

Throne Logic
03-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Sign Sam Adams. Then we've only got to find a safety and a bunch of backups.

Demon
03-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Then we've only got to find a

How much would Blaine Bishop ask for? I remember Gregg Williams wanted to sign Bishop but he went to Philly? Bishop has got to be good if he started for the Eagles and was cut yesterday so their young S can start. Anyone know much much Bishop would ask for? I wouldn't mind seeing a vet like Bishop play here.

kgun12
03-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Draft a RB with the first pick. Next year Henry will be out the door and we will need his replacement. Just like we did with Josh Reed last year. Plus if Henry continues to fumble next year we will have someone else who can run the ball.

We will be drafting a RB this year. Its almost a guarantee.

Why will Henry be out the door:scratch:

Bert102176
03-07-2003, 01:14 PM
see if the Raiders will give us both of their 1st round picks to move where we are