Right now, what FA are you expecting Ralph to sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Right now, what FA are you expecting Ralph to sign?

In all seriousness I'm not sure what people are expecting. After you take out the players that would like to stay with their winning franchises, the ones that get tagged, who are you targeting with all of that cap space? It's a weak FA market. Why do you think Nate is jumping for joy and why he's not taking a reasonable contract from us? He doesn't need to.

Guess what? About 70% of the teams have ****ty OL's. Listen to all of the talk shows if you don't believe me. "If we had a better OL" is like every 3rd caller on the national shows.

So why would Steinbach come to Buffalo? He'll take less to go with the Giants. Unless you can give me a player that we realistically can sign, based on dollars only, stop the *****ing and let Marv do his job.
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Right now, what FA are you expecting Ralph to sign?

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    In all seriousness I'm not sure what people are expecting. After you take out the players that would like to stay with their winning franchises, the ones that get tagged, who are you targeting with all of that cap space? It's a weak FA market. Why do you think Nate is jumping for joy and why he's not taking a reasonable contract from us? He doesn't need to.

Guess what? About 70% of the teams have ****ty OL's. Listen to all of the talk shows if you don't believe me. "If we had a better OL" is like every 3rd caller on the national shows.

So why would Steinbach come to Buffalo? He'll take less to go with the Giants. Unless you can give me a player that we realistically can sign, based on dollars only, stop the *****ing and let Marv do his job.

Why would Stienbach take less to go to NY? Maybe he does not want to live there, maybe he wants to go to a TEAM and not a place where ego's are number! I say lets wait and see...

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Why would Steinbach take less to go to NY?

I would expect a CB to be signed early. I would prefer Nick Harper over O'Neal simply because Harper should be somewhat familar w/ the system we run but I don't know if he latest injury would have any affect.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

I'm not so sure the Giants are such an attractive option for free agents.

First of all, Eli Manning isn't his brother, so it isn't like that is a draw. Then, Coughlin is basically a dead-man walking and everyone knows it. Given Coughlin's lame duck status, players probably will be less inclined to go there. Remember, if the coaching staff is fired and a new staff brought in there isn't any loyalty from the new guy, since he didn't sign the players.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

1) The Giants still look closer to a championship than the Bills do.

2) The reason the Giants even got brought up is that I heard that there would be interest from Steinbach to play there.

If you feel strongly that Steinbach would play here just based on us giving him the best contract than that's valid. I don't believe he's going to see a tag either. I would love to have Steinbach here.

Who else? That's one.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

I think we make a strong push to sign CB Nick Harper. Seems like a perfect match, since he's gonna want more money than Indy can do, and he knows our system.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

I think Nick Harper and Cato June are realistic possibilities. Steinbach would be nice.

Jon

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Another thing about the NYG. Not only is Coughlin a dead man walking but if I remember correctly, last year several of his players called him out and it wasn't the first time. If I'm a player that is a major drawback from signing with them.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Id could see a couple of low risk FA's picked up like Boss Bailey, who are lower risk but high reward types.

CB we may sign Harper but I hear Atlanta would like him and he's a Georgia boy, High School in Baldwin County, College at Fort Valley State.

I wouldn't mind giving sombody like Ahmad Carroll a fair shake at the job.

We may go RB and if so Id like to see us pickup Musa Smith esp if we cant resign the A-Train.

Hopefully an OG, and I prefer Deilman over Steinbach, bc I think they are similar in skill sets but Dielman will cost alot less and if we hit him from the beginning we may sneak away with him early.

Id say 5-6 FA signings, and some resigning of our own FA but a pretty inactive as we continue to build through the draft.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Please whoever offers more money is where he is going.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

We have enough "skill" players to make a run.. But it won't matter.
                      Forget the names. The bottom line is simple. If the Bills learn to run the ball better and stop the run better, then they will be a legitimate playoff team.
                      If they don't, they will continue to be a "who cares" team around the league.
                      So when it comes to getting players who will help the team in these two areas, I dont care if they overpay $800 million for Steinbach or start an undrafted free agent. whomever they sign or draft BETTER be better on the line than what we have now.
                      ON the right side, Villarrial is a clown, and Pennington is "pretty good". Unfortunately, "pretty good" isnt enough. If Levi Brown is there at #12 he should be the pick. If Wilson only spends bigger money once in FA, I really hope its on Steinbach, DOckery or Dielman.
                      For the defense, I think we need to sign TWO prime FA's. We need a good ALL AROUND DE like Grant, and we need a good LB to take over for Fletcher. Ellison is "pretty good".. Unfortunately again, pretty good isnt good enough.. I'd be happy with a servicable starter at CB, it doesnt have to be a big name.
                      This team has less holes than it had a year ago, and it has more cap money than a year ago.. You do the math.
                      Run.. Stop the run

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Id could see a couple of low risk FA's picked up like Boss Bailey, who are lower risk but high reward types.

CB we may sign Harper but I hear Atlanta would like him and he's a Georgia boy, High School in Baldwin County, College at Fort Valley State.

I wouldn't mind giving sombody like Ahmad Carroll a fair shake at the job.

We may go RB and if so Id like to see us pickup Musa Smith esp if we cant resign the A-Train.

Hopefully an OG, and I prefer Deilman over Steinbach, bc I think they are similar in skill sets but Dielman will cost alot less and if we hit him from the beginning we may sneak away with him early.

Id say 5-6 FA signings, and some resigning of our own FA but a pretty inactive as we continue to build through the draft.
                        I'd be happy with Dielman. He'd be a sizeable upgrade from what we have at RG now, and you're right, he won't be as $$ as Steinbach.

Given that people are talking about Asante Samuel getting similar money to clements, I think we can cross him off the list. If we're going to spend that kind of cash we might as well just bring Clements back. I'm hoping like hell we grab an upper second tier corner like Harper to replace Nate, b/c I don't like the idea of having to draft his replacement.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                          I'm hoping like hell we grab an upper second tier corner like Harper to replace Nate, b/c I don't like the idea of having to draft his replacement.
                          We already drafted his replacement in Ashton Youboty, he has 1st round talent, I have no idea why he fell so far.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Pay the going rate for the mercenary and he will come.

Rinse, repeat.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Please whoever offers more money is where he is going.
                              I'm talking about Steinbach not Nate Clements.

Comment

Working...
                              X