• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Youboty

do you think the FO is guna take a chance on him or are they going to go out and draft/sign someone to start. I think he has the skills but i don't think he's ready yet.

Kilwaukee Thomas is a solid nickel cb but we can't have him startin, and i know with the cover two all you really need is 2 solid corners and 2 GOOD safties over the top (which we should have).

what are tour guys thoughts on this?

James
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: youbooty

Youboty was thought to be a first round talent coming out of Ohio State, and the Bills were really lucky he fell to the third round.

He is somewhat inexperienced and missed a good part of the preseason because of his mother's death. He got some playing time toward the end of the season and performed reasonably well.

I would think he was drafted to replace Nate, and I see no reason why that can't happen.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Kewaukee is a FA too.

But I'm not worried. Yobouti has a first round grade.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I guess I have too much faith in the talent evaluation abilities of the Bills' front office, and too little in some of my fellow posters who have written Youboty off for absolutely no reason at all.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamesiscool
          do you think the FO is guna take a chance on him or are they going to go out and draft/sign someone to start. I think he has the skills but i don't think he's ready yet.

Kilwaukee Thomas is a solid nickel cb but we can't have him startin, and i know with the cover two all you really need is 2 solid corners and 2 GOOD safties over the top (which we should have).

what are tour guys thoughts on this?

James
          This is a tough one. I really think it comes down to the draft. I just dont see us spending big coin on a FA CB, so that leaves Youbouty and the draft. Id think Ashton would be the penciled in starter if Jauron had played him more, but he out of all the draft picks except Butler, was left on the bench. I think that shows a lack of confidence in him at this point. So the next question is how important does Jauron think a starting CB is. I bet he thinks its pretty damn important. So the 1st round could be a CB, maybe Leon Hall.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

The guy dressed for what, 2 games? Couldn't even make special teams, and we're ready to hand him a starting CB spot?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Youboty will start. PERIOD. You can go the bank on that one. If his mother doesn't die most of these posts would be unnecessary. We didn't draft him to backup Nate.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'm thinking we sign a mid-level, stop-gap, band-aid type corner in FA to possibly start until Youboty's ready to step into the line-up. OBD will give the kid the chance to prove himself this season. I can see a Bowen/Whitner situation recurring this year at corner, except we've already got the 'rookie' on the roster at this point.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  The guy dressed for what, 2 games? Couldn't even make special teams, and we're ready to hand him a starting CB spot?
                  I don't know if we are ready to hand it to him, but it happening is quite likely. His season last year had odd circumstances (i.e. His mom, and the veteran depth ahead of him) so him not being active is not something to be too concerned about.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Considering this will essentially be his rookie year, I think he he spends it as our nickel back. We still need someone in front of him. Ideally, we could bring in a veteran CB with something in the tank who could start this year and then become the nickel back next year. Nick Harper would be the perfect compliment to Youboty at this point, IMO.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

He is a long way from starting.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I think Nick Harper is a pipe dream he's going to want a good bit of money and a long term deal, which Im not opposed to (but then again I dont like McGee as a starting CB). But if we are in agreement that Youboty is the future and that McGee is a good starter then I dont see Harper signing here. I see moe of a Ahmad Carroll signing.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I think Nick Harper is a pipe dream he's going to want a good bit of money and a long term deal, which Im not opposed to (but then again I dont like McGee as a starting CB). But if we are in agreement that Youboty is the future and that McGee is a good starter then I dont see Harper signing here. I see moe of a Ahmad Carroll signing.
                          Please don't even say his name! He is the biggest piece of **** corner i've ever seen. He alone will have more penalties than our whole team!

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I'm thinking we'll find a vet CB to replace Clements and just let Youboty compete for the nickel spot initially. Just a guess but let's see how the off-season plays out.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I just hope his dad doesn't die or we'll have to wait another whole year.

Comment

Working...
                              X