PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" Oilers @ Sabres gameday thread!

Mitchy moo
02-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

LtFinFan66
02-15-2007, 05:26 AM
it's 6 in the morning Skooby. Why so early:idunno:

Mitchy moo
02-15-2007, 05:36 AM
it's 6 in the morning Skooby. Why so early:idunno:

Why flounder, Hickup why not???

Morning LT, Do you ever sleep ??

LtFinFan66
02-15-2007, 05:47 AM
I work over night. Sleep during the day :up:

The Pens are playing well eh. I am rather surprised

ricogarion
02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Oh my a five day break for the Sabres,thats not a good thing lets see what team returns after this type of break.Will they take a while to get rolling or will they start out like a house of fire only to peter out?

BlackMetalNinja
02-15-2007, 08:00 AM
I was starting to get withdrawal after this little layoff....

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ricogarion
02-15-2007, 08:02 AM
It was a long break but the month of March will be murserous so hopefully they could rest some aches and pains.The chance for that as we go along will be slim to none.

OpIv37
02-15-2007, 08:25 AM
This game was supposed to be on HD Net but they screwed us and switched to Leafs and Flyers. ****.

RockStar36
02-15-2007, 08:30 AM
NBF....Edmonton is going down tonight!!

SabreEleven
02-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Are they even going to play this game with the weather and all?

RockStar36
02-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Are they even going to play this game with the weather and all?

:idunno: Did I miss something?

SabreEleven
02-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm in California and all I hear on the news is that the NorthEast is getting pounded with weather, so I was just throwing that out there.

Dr. Lecter
02-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm in California and all I hear on the news is that the NorthEast is getting pounded with weather, so I was just throwing that out there.

We got about a foot of snow yesterday. Everything is cleared up.

It is pretty chilly today, but other than that no problems.

RockStar36
02-15-2007, 09:26 AM
For the most part the news likes to make it seem worse than it is. To me it was nothing but some snow and icy roads. Nothing new. No big deal.

OpIv37
02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
We got about a foot of snow yesterday. Everything is cleared up.

It is pretty chilly today, but other than that no problems.

yeah about the only thing in the Northeast that isn't frozen is the ice at HSBC Arena.

Mitchy moo
02-15-2007, 05:11 PM
yeah about the only thing in the Northeast that isn't frozen is the ice at HSBC Arena.

lol.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Edmonton is making us look like the flyers, sabres don't have their legs in the first

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Peters kicking that guy's arse may light a spark

Mitchy moo
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
1-1 , here comes the 3rd.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Maxim's hurt greeeeeeeeeeeat

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Jiri's down

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Danny with the clincher :up:

Please sign him asap darcy

SpillerThrills
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
"THE COOKIE MONSTER STRIKES AGAIN!! TOP SHELF WHERE MOMMA HIDES THE COOKIES!!!"

Danny "Cookie Monster" Briere wins it in OT!!

cordog
02-15-2007, 08:35 PM
any updates with Max???

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 08:35 PM
so far were 3-0 against Western Conference teams this season

Nashville W
Calgary W
Edmonton W

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
any updates with Max???

they're calling it a upper body injury. He took a wicked hit in the 2nd

SkateZilla
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
The Coooooooooooooooooooooookie Monster

Crisis
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
so far were 3-0 against Western Conference teams this season

Nashville W
Calgary W
Edmonton W

What happened to Detroit? Columbus? Vancouver?

SkateZilla
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Max Upper Body Injury, No Time Frame
Novotny, Leg Injury, Week To Week

(Watch the Replays, its A Major Tweak, lol made me cringe)

SkateZilla
02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
What happened to Detroit? Columbus? Vancouver?

Nashville - W
Calgary - SOW
Edmonton -SOW
Detroit - SOW
Columbus - L
Vancouver - SOW

We own the western Conference In Shootouts.. lol..

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Max Upper Body Injury, No Time Frame
Novotny, Leg Injury, Week To Week

(Watch the Replays, its A Major Tweak, lol made me cringe)

If these injuries are anymore then day to day then we are in trouble. Our depth would be stretched to the max.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 08:46 PM
:oops: I got mixed up were now playing so many East Coast teams this year so many times I thought we only played the West only three times. :sorry: GOD I HATE THIS SCHEDULING!!! :lol: :respect:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Lindy just said in his PC, Maxim Afinogenov-broken bone in his wrist 6 wks. and Novotny-re-injured the same ankle that kept him out of the line-up for 5 games. Says they will :phone: up 2 players from Rochester don't know who yet (probably Stafford & MacArthur) but he didn't say.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Lindy just said in his PC, Maxim Afinogenov-broken bone in his wrist 6 wks. and Novotny-re-injured the same ankle that kept him out of the line-up for 5 games. They will :phone: up 2 players from Rochester don't know who yet probably Stafford & MacArthur but he didn't say.

You still think they should stand pat?

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 09:07 PM

Yeah...good question, well?

Mitchy moo
02-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Lindy just said in his PC, Maxim Afinogenov-broken bone in his wrist 6 wks. and Novotny-re-injured the same ankle that kept him out of the line-up for 5 games. Says they will :phone: up 2 players from Rochester don't know who yet (probably Stafford & MacArthur) but he didn't say.

We're going to have alot of fresh guys for the playoffs, better now than 2 months from now.

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 09:10 PM
We're going to have alot of fresh guys for the playoffs, better now than 2 months from now.

Yeah, you're right...nothing's wrong with this team...just ignore every weakness and flaw. :crazy:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 09:13 PM

I'm starting to think differently now, but I still think this team is still going to be fine without a trade we got depth down in Rochester. I just hope they don't trade Pommers.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm starting to think differently now, but I still think this team is still going to be fine without a trade we got depth down in Rochester. I just hope they don't trade Pommers.

I agree with that, Pommer shouldn't be touched. I don't think they would trade him anyway. Right now with his production he's a value.

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 09:19 PM

If this team thinks it will win with a bunch of players from the AHL, then they & you, are wrong. It has been proven that playoff experience wins championships and that is something I would like the Sabres add. However, I don't want just playoff experience, I'd like some guys who have Stanley Cup experience.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you're right...nothing's wrong with this team...just ignore every weakness and flaw. :crazy:

Hey they've won 4 in a row NOW! they're getting they're game back on track and a trade just might derail that now do you really want that :question: Not all trades are good trades we have something special here with this team. Yes fans like to see trades it's most exciting thing but I just don't see this team making a trade.

OpIv37
02-15-2007, 09:22 PM
damn, what a game to not be on TV- a Peters fight and an OT win.

What's up with all these injuries? Gaustad, Connolly, Max, Novotny and I think Spacek too? Damn.

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey they've won 4 in a row NOW! they're getting they're game back on track and a trade just might derail that now do you really want that :question: Not all trades are good trades we have something special here with this team. Yes fans like to see trades it's most exciting thing but I just don't see this team making a trade.

If they were winning 5-1, 6-1...I'd be a little more willing to agree with you, but they are not. They are barely squeeking by the lower teams. I don't just watch the final score (though, ultimately that is what matters most) and the record, but I watch how they are playing. No offense, but you seem to buy into stats more than what is going on on the ice. I watch a lot of hockey and this team does not impress me as much as Nashville, Detroit or even Anaheim when they are healthy. Everything tightens up in the playoffs and this team as it stands right now, won't get it done. Like I've said, I hope I'm wrong. I'd much rather have them address the weaknesses of this team (grit and leadership) then look back if they get knocked out and wish they did something. You only get so many chances like they have this year and you can't waste them. You need to stop listening and believing everything that comes out of the Sabres front office and focus on the main goal...the Stanley Cup. Nashville had just as much chemistry as the Sabres this year, but they made a huge trade to put them over the top. Will it work, maybe, maybe not, but at least they won't wonder what might have been if they get knocked out of the playoffs.

OpIv37
02-15-2007, 09:33 PM
If they were winning 5-1, 6-1...I'd be a little more willing to agree with you, but they are not. They are barely squeeking by the lower teams. I don't just watch the final score (though, ultimately that is what matters most) and the record, but I watch how they are playing. No offense, but you seem to buy into stats more than what is going on on the ice. I watch a lot of hockey and this team does not impress me as much as Nashville, Detroit or even Anaheim when they are healthy. Everything tightens up in the playoffs and this team as it stands right now, won't get it done. Like I've said, I hope I'm wrong. I'd much rather have them address the weaknesses of this team (grit and leadership) then look back if they get knocked out and wish they did something. You only get so many chances like they have this year and you can't waste them. You need to stop listening and believing everything that comes out of the Sabres front office and focus on the main goal...the Stanley Cup. Nashville had just as much chemistry as the Sabres this year, but they made a huge trade to put them over the top. Will it work, maybe, maybe not, but at least they won't wonder what might have been if they get knocked out of the playoffs.

remember analogies on the SATs?

OpIv37:Bills Forum::Nighthawk:Sabres Forum

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
remember analogies on the SATs?

OpIv37:Bills Forum::Nighthawk:Sabres Forum

Yeah, probably so. Somebody has to bring rationale into the equation.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-15-2007, 09:44 PM

look I'm just :scared: that they might trade Pommers that's silly right :question: tell me because I heard someone at work saying that he could be a part of a deal if they do decide to trade.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
look I'm just :scared: that they might trade Pommers that's silly right :question: tell me because I heard someone at work saying that he could be a part of a deal if they decide to trade.

I would have to be honest i follow alot of rumor sites and i haven't seen his name, but who knows I would think that he's actually a value for this team. They would have to get something good for him.

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 09:59 PM
look I'm just :scared: that they might trade Pommers that's silly right :question: tell me because I heard someone at work saying that he could be a part of a deal if they do decide to trade.

I understand your concern, but you can't be scared to make changes. I doubt they trade Pominville, but if they did and they got somebody back who adds a different dimension to this team and he helps us win the cup...would you be alright with it? That's my point, just because they are on our team, doesn't make them the best players in the world. You can actually get better than what we are right now...and that's what I want this organization to shoot for...to be the best.

Michael82
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
I understand your concern, but you can't be scared to make changes. I doubt they trade Pominville, but if they did and they got somebody back who adds a different dimension to this team and he helps us win the cup...would you be alright with it? That's my point, just because they are on our team, doesn't make them the best players in the world. You can actually get better than what we are right now...and that's what I want this organization to shoot for...to be the best.
Great post! :bf1: