• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I think I've come up with who Buffalo will take at #12

I gotta tell ya guys.. I been at least trying to study Free AGency and the draft as often as I can.

It's hard when it comes to the Bills though for two reasons.
    1) Despite having nearly more cap room than any team in the league, how much Wilson is willing to spend is up in the air.
    2) Last year's #8 draft choice showed that Levy and staff dont pay much attention to what other people say.

Though its too early to be able to stick by it, I've FINALLY come up with the player that I think the Bill will take #12 provided they don't sign a major guy via FA.

That guy is : Charles Johnson, DE (Georgia)

From everything I've read he is a good all around DE, and though he's been very low-key thus far he's climbing up draft boards, as evidenced by being the 13th overall player ranked on Kiper's board.

I really dont want Kelsay back as I think he's to one dimensional. And I REALLY think we need to improve our run defense in the front seven.
    Im thinking at DT they will stick with the McCargo/WIlliams.Tripplett trio and sign a veteran big-guy/run stuffer in Free AGency. Anderson from Chicago last year proved what an impact a solid rookie DE can immediately have.

I don't think Jarrett fits our team in terms of character, I dont think they will take Levi Brown or Okoye either.. Branch and Anderson will be gone... Levi Brown may be gone and even if not, Lynch doesnt appear to be worth a #12 anymore... No LB or CB is worth the 12th pick

Makes me think the player is going to be Johnson, so it may be time to start studying him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: I think I've come up with who Buffalo will take at #12

He may not make it, I heared he's one of the faster rising prospects.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I would LOVE to have a talented, exciting DE over any other position on this team when it comes to what we "need".

Im sticking with him ESPECIALLY if we dont bring Kelsay.. Charles Johnson

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Johnson will go in the first im sure, but Ive never been to big on him. Hes very very raw, reminds me of Erik Flowers (when he was drafted) back in the day. He has the size, but he also benefitted from Moses on the other end.

He's also very similar to Schobel in his ability, while hes not bad against the run his speciality is the pass rush.

Im not saying he wont be a good player in fact i think he will eventually be a great player, He (imo) is just going to take a little time to develop at the pro-level. Personally I think he should have stayed for his senior season. Hes only 20 I believe.

He will need a very good combine imo to crack the top 15. But even still Anderson, Adams and maybe even Carriker will likely go ahead of him.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Pat i agree 100% about Kelsay, he has done nothing to warrant a new contract, i like Hargrove and think he is the depth and maybe starter, i like your pick at DE too, if it is not him i would luv Jarrett, he would be a dimension to the offense we sorely need
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            Johnson will go in the first im sure, but Ive never been to big on him. Hes very very raw, reminds me of Erik Flowers (when he was drafted) back in the day. He has the size, but he also benefitted from Moses on the other end.

He's also very similar to Schobel in his ability, while hes not bad against the run his speciality is the pass rush.

Im not saying he wont be a good player in fact i think he will eventually be a great player, He (imo) is just going to take a little time to develop at the pro-level. Personally I think he should have stayed for his senior season. Hes only 20 I believe.

He will need a very good combine imo to crack the top 15. But even still Anderson, Adams and maybe even Carriker will likely go ahead of him.
            I think you underestimate Johnson's ability to play the run, I think he finishd 2nd in the SEC in TFL, behind Anderson.

Btw Pat, I already put him in one of mocks with the Bills taking him, you gotta check out the Scouting Zone and keep up with these things.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

pat, you reference anderson from the bears as to what a great rookie DE can do.

he was drafted in the 5th round, i believe.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                I would LOVE to have a talented, exciting DE over any other position on this team when it comes to what we "need".

Im sticking with him ESPECIALLY if we dont bring Kelsay.. Charles Johnson
                Finally, some others that agree Kelsay should not be re-signed. I love DE as a pick. I hope it happens.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  I gotta tell ya guys.. I been at least trying to study Free AGency and the draft as often as I can.

It's hard when it comes to the Bills though for two reasons.
                  1) Despite having nearly more cap room than any team in the league, how much Wilson is willing to spend is up in the air.
                  2) Last year's #8 draft choice showed that Levy and staff dont pay much attention to what other people say.

Though its too early to be able to stick by it, I've FINALLY come up with the player that I think the Bill will take #12 provided they don't sign a major guy via FA.

That guy is : Charles Johnson, DE (Georgia)

From everything I've read he is a good all around DE, and though he's been very low-key thus far he's climbing up draft boards, as evidenced by being the 13th overall player ranked on Kiper's board.

I really dont want Kelsay back as I think he's to one dimensional. And I REALLY think we need to improve our run defense in the front seven.
                  Im thinking at DT they will stick with the McCargo/WIlliams.Tripplett trio and sign a veteran big-guy/run stuffer in Free AGency. Anderson from Chicago last year proved what an impact a solid rookie DE can immediately have.

I don't think Jarrett fits our team in terms of character, I dont think they will take Levi Brown or Okoye either.. Branch and Anderson will be gone... Levi Brown may be gone and even if not, Lynch doesnt appear to be worth a #12 anymore... No LB or CB is worth the 12th pick

Makes me think the player is going to be Johnson, so it may be time to start studying him.

Good post. I thought he stood out in the Chick Fila bowl vs VA Tech, much more than Moses.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

DE is a horrible pick. It's obviously going to be a CB.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

I believe OBD will make every valid attempt to resign Kelsay especially with the possibility of losing Hargrove through RFA. The LE positon had two fewer sacks and twice as many tackles as the RE position. This shows that not only did teams gameplan away from Schobel(53 tackles), but also both Kelsay(61 tackles) and Denney(54 tackles) stepped it up on their side.

Retaining both Kelsay and Hargrove's services would be more than ideal and would give us quality depth at DE so we can focus on tackling our other priorities. I just can't see us using #12 on a DE unless we lose both Kelsay and Hargrove.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I think you underestimate Johnson's ability to play the run, I think he finishd 2nd in the SEC in TFL, behind Anderson.

Btw Pat, I already put him in one of mocks with the Bills taking him, you gotta check out the Scouting Zone and keep up with these things.
                        Oh i dont think hes bad at all, and if we drafted him id be cautiously optimistic. I have no doubt he will eventually translate into a solid pro. I dont think hes bad against the run, its just not his strongest attribute.

Im always a little skeptical of multiple linemen from the same school being taken in the 1st round anyway. Johnson really should have stayed another year. Physically hes got great size and ability, but hes a work in progress.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by madness
                          I believe OBD will make every valid attempt to resign Kelsay especially with the possibility of losing Hargrove through RFA. The LE positon had two fewer sacks and twice as many tackles as the RE position. This shows that not only did teams gameplan away from Schobel(53 tackles), but also both Kelsay(61 tackles) and Denney(54 tackles) stepped it up on their side.

Retaining both Kelsay and Hargrove's services would be more than ideal and would give us quality depth at DE so we can focus on tackling our other priorities. I just can't see us using #12 on a DE unless we lose both Kelsay and Hargrove.
                          Ok, maybe I'm not making my 'opinion' clear enough.. though I'm sure it's not shared by everyone.

I do not want Kelsay back and resigned. The reason for that is I think he's as much a part of the problem as he is the solution.

He's a pretty good pass rusher, I won't take that from him. At times he looks very good. But he's inconsistent, and at BEST he is mediocre against the run. Why would we want to bring him back? Because he's arleady been here?
                          You see, to me anyway this is the biggest problem with the Bills playoff drought and will continue to be unless Levy fixes it. This team has never lacked at the skill (QB, RB, WR, DB, LB) positions.. Its in the trenches that they get dominated.

Schobel is a stud on defense.. Peters is the same on offense. On each side however, they are SURROUNDED by a collection of average-at-best players. That has to changed.

I'm for spending big money at guard because it should dramatically help our run blocking. I'm all for drafting a guy like Johnson because it should soon dramatically improve our run defense.
                          Guys like Kelsay, Hargrove, Gandy, Preston etc are average players.. We have to be better than average in the trenches if we want to start winning.
                          If I'm marv levy, except for spending bigger money on a quality LB to replace Fletcher, I would spend 80% of whatever cap money Wilson allows me to spend on the lines, and probably use all of my first day draft picks on them as well.

Im tired of "average linemen" and Schobel and Peters aside, we have a collection of them.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            pat, you reference anderson from the bears as to what a great rookie DE can do.

he was drafted in the 5th round, i believe.
                            Yep.. not saying one person is the answer either. Put it this way, if I'm Levy Id have a hard time not picking a linemen on either side of the ball with EVERY first day pick. This team has a collection of "ok" linemen, and needs to find more Peters' or Schobel's.. Until then, I dont care who is at WR and CB and everywhere else, they aint contending.

FA--d raft.. I dont care. But guys like Kelsay and Preston and Gandy and possibly Pennington aint gonna cut it for a playoff run.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                              H to the 12:20
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not posting this in regards to any particular player, but I don't think that because Marv, TM and DJ chose a surprise #1 last year, who didn't mesh with what the pundits had drawn up, means they'll do that every year. Whitner was their guy and they took him. It doesn't mean that a guy who the draft gurus think they'll take isn't the guy they'll want. Therefor, I don't think we can figure that they won't take a guy because he's the popular consensus #12 pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X