• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills just featured on ESPN

EAch day on ESPN they are disecting a team.. Today was the Buffalo Bills.. It kinda went like this (and its the same for every team)

2006 GRADE (Sean Salisbury)
    Gave them a B-.. Actually gave a lot of props, he likes this team. He also called Losman the most improved player in the entire league. Went as far to say with a few key moves we could be chasing the Patriots down next year.

FREE AGENCY (John Clayton)
    Talked about how much cap room we have, and how the plan should be to spend big money on the OL, which would help the running game and Losman.. Hard to disagree with that.

DRAFT NEEDS (McShay)
    has the Bills taking Leon Hall in 1st round, Brandon Siler, LB (Florida) in second and a DT from Ohio STate in the third.. I forgot his name.

PREDICTION (Michael A Smith)
    Has them third in AFC East but has teh potential to chase the Patriots.. Said the running game is awful and we need help on the OL big time outside of Jason Peters.. I absolutely agree..

All in all, I thought it was very favoring, they spoke of the team and I think told the truth.. Lots of good young players, Losman on the rise.. They ALL said the same thing, this offensive line has to get a lot better and be able to run the ball.. I expect at LEAST two new FA signings on the OL.

The ONLY thing I totally disagree about is our draft outlook.. I DO NOT see us taking a corner in round one, I see us going either DE or DT with Levi Brown an outside possibility.

But it was a pretty good summary and they gave us more props than I thought.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bills just featured on ESPN

Put it this way man.. There are THREE key guards in FA.. Steinbach, Dielman and Dockery.. The Bills have the third most cap room in the NFL and its our #1 need..

We NEED to sign one of these three and if they decide not to pay Gandy, possibly even two of them.. Why not? We certainly have the room and a better middle of our line might make Losman and maybe even McGahee pro bowlers.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I can't believe I missed it....Good post though Pat thanks.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Salisbury said that Losman was the most improved player in the league this year.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Sign me up, I'm all for it.

Jon

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Put it this way man.. There are THREE key guards in FA.. Steinbach, Dielman and Dockery.. The Bills have the third most cap room in the NFL and its our #1 need..

We NEED to sign one of these three and if they decide not to pay Gandy, possibly even two of them.. Why not? We certainly have the room and a better middle of our line might make Losman and maybe even McGahee pro bowlers.
            I'd much rather the focus be on winning games than making our QB and RB Pro Bowlers. And it's going to take more than a guard or two to accomplish that.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Nice Pat, sounds like we are heading the right way.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

FREE AGENCY (John Clayton)
                Talked about how much cap room we have, and how the plan should be to spend big money on the OL, which would help the running game and Losman.. Hard to disagree with that.

Yep, been saying it all along!

DRAFT NEEDS (McShay)
                has the Bills taking Leon Hall in 1st round, Brandon Siler, LB (Florida) in second and a DT from Ohio STate in the third.. I forgot his name.

Could live with it!

PREDICTION (Michael A Smith)
                Has them third in AFC East but has teh potential to chase the Patriots.. Said the running game is awful and we need help on the OL big time outside of Jason Peters.. I absolutely agree..

Two guards away from fixing the problem.

All in all, I thought it was very favoring, they spoke of the team and I think told the truth.. Lots of good young players, Losman on the rise.. They ALL said the same thing, this offensive line has to get a lot better and be able to run the ball.. I expect at LEAST two new FA signings on the OL.

The ONLY thing I totally disagree about is our draft outlook.. I DO NOT see us taking a corner in round one, I see us going either DE or DT with Levi Brown an outside possibility.

I believe now that J. Smith was franchised, we will see movement on resigning Kelsay, it will happen.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

If we improve the line and McGahee still runs for 990 yards and can't figure out what it takes to get a half yard on 3rd down than I'll be super pissed. Id rather have him as a Pro Bowler than just a big mouth.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    If we improve the line and McGahee still runs for 990 yards and can't figure out what it takes to get a half yard on 3rd down than I'll be super pissed. Id rather have him as a Pro Bowler than just a big mouth.
                    Point was I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt just like I gave JP. If the line improves and he improves than great!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Justin Smith

Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Pass Def
                      2001 Cincinnati Bengals 15 53 41.0 12 8.5 2 3
                      2002 Cincinnati Bengals 16 59 47.0 12 6.5 0 2
                      2003 Cincinnati Bengals 16 60 41.0 19 5 0 0 3
                      2004 Cincinnati Bengals 16 70 41.0 29 8 0 0 2
                      2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 65 45.0 20 6 0 0 2
                      2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 81 50.0 31 7.5 0 3

Kelsay
                      Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Pass Def
                      2003 Buffalo Bills 16 19 12.0 7 0 0 0 0 0
                      2004 Buffalo Bills 16 37 22.0 15 4.5 1 1
                      2005 Buffalo Bills 16 44 25.0 19 2.5 1 3
                      2006 Buffalo Bills 16 61 41.0 20 5.5 0 4

I know stats do not mean everything, but I really believe he is resigned by the start of FA, there is no way we can make sure we get a replacement in FA that is an upgrade, we need to keep the holes on this team to a minimum!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

The DT names is Quinn Pitcock which is a horrible pick for us, he's Tim Anderson V2.0. Also Todd McShay is a crackpot when it comes to Mock Drafts. I saw what he said for picks 9, 10, 11 and 12 today and each one he said Leon Hall could go there. He's a huge Big 10 guy and doesnt really pay much attention to the fact that Hall got smoked three times against big time opponents.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

I agree about McShay...he's had the same OT from Central/Western Michigan going to every single team in the 2nd round. Joe Staley I believe was his name.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                            !?!?!?!?!?
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                            I agree about McShay...he's had the same OT from Central/Western Michigan going to every single team in the 2nd round. Joe Staley I believe was his name.
                            Staley happens to be very good and id like us to pick him

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                              • Jul 2002

I agree that Staley is very good, I've seen him in a couple games this year. But my point was that McShay had him going to roughly 7 different teams in the 2nd round.

God give me style and give me grace
                              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

Working...
                              X