PDA

View Full Version : Forsberg Nashville bound

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196374&hubname=

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player_bio.asp?player_id=2652), Ryan Parent (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player_bio.asp?player_id=4988), a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player_bio.asp?player_id=816).
It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

Nashville 1pt behind us, but they make a deal to get better.....hmm cap or no cap maybe the sabres should take notes

Philagape
02-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Let's see how long he goes before breaking down again.

hammerbillsfan
02-15-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74942

:haha: Flyer fans

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Let's see how long he goes before breaking down again.

If he does stay healthy their line up is sick.

SpillerThrills
02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
if I remember hearing it correctly on NHL Faceoff on XM, Forsberg was a scratch tonight for Philly........

Philagape
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
If he does stay healthy their line up is sick.

If healthy, they're the Cup favorites to be sure

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
if I remember hearing it correctly on NHL Faceoff on XM, Forsberg was a scratch tonight for Philly........

I heard the same, you don't play a player your about to ship the deal looks to be done.

RockStar36
02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
If he's healthy they are cup bound for sure.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 07:51 PM
i don't know where my original linke went but this one should work

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=289084&page=NewsPage&service=page

its official, this is from nhl.com, its also on espn.com. Good trade for bothsides.

Nighthawk
02-15-2007, 08:51 PM
This is what teams that think they can win the cup do at the trade deadline...they add that little extra piece to get over the top. Those fans who don't believe the Sabres should make a deal are not thinking clearly. To me, this season is a golden opportunity to finally be champions and I don't want to come up short and look back and say, "damn, only if we would've made a deal at the deadline." If I'm wrong and the Sabres win the cup without making any trades, then I'm happy to be wrong...in fact, I would hope I was wrong. However, if I'm a fan who says that the Sabres shouldn't add something to this team and the Sabres end up losing in the playoffs, how will you feel? I'd rather look to add something at the deadline than "hope" that this team is good enough in the playoffs. Do not forget, this team is not the Sabres team who made the run last year. This team does not have the toughness of McKee, Grier and even Dumont (who would take a hit in the corner to make a play, something that is missing from this team). There are no "shootouts" in the playoffs, so the Sabres better be willing to pick up their game because those "shootout wins" don't happen in the playoffs. This team needs grit and leadership for the run at the cup...not the playoff run, but the run at the cup. The cup is the only important thing this year, any thing else is a failure by this franchise.

camelcowboy
02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
This is what teams that think they can win the cup do at the trade deadline...they add that little extra piece to get over the top. Those fans who don't believe the Sabres should make a deal are not thinking clearly. To me, this season is a golden opportunity to finally be champions and I don't want to come up short and look back and say, "damn, only if we would've made a deal at the deadline." If I'm wrong and the Sabres win the cup without making any trades, then I'm happy to be wrong...in fact, I would hope I was wrong. However, if I'm a fan who says that the Sabres shouldn't add something to this team and the Sabres end up losing in the playoffs, how will you feel? I'd rather look to add something at the deadline than "hope" that this team is good enough in the playoffs. Do not forget, this team is not the Sabres team who made the run last year. This team does not have the toughness of McKee, Grier and even Dumont (who would take a hit in the corner to make a play, something that is missing from this team). There are no "shootouts" in the playoffs, so the Sabres better be willing to pick up their game because those "shootout wins" don't happen in the playoffs. This team needs grit and leadership for the run at the cup...not the playoff run, but the run at the cup. The cup is the only important thing this year, any thing else is a failure by this franchise.

I have to agree, now that the lineup appears to be even thiner with max, and Jiri now is the time to trade biron. Whatever they do they need some grit. How many times did edmonton's defense man handle in front of the net, Maxium getting tossed like a rag doll, Peters doesn't have the skilll, Goose who was the balls of this team is now gone. Sabres are the number one team now is the time to make a statement. Im not looking forward to having a bunch of kids from the amerks in the line up.

Meathead
02-16-2007, 06:11 AM
the preds spent way too much imo

but they clearly want to gamble it all on this season and maybe next if forsberg sticks beyond his rent-a-dude stint. and they are trying to save the franchise in nashville so it probably makes sense for them but i still wouldnt want to lose three first round draft picks and a third for an injury prone superstar that might only play for the team for a few months

i hope the sabres do find a way to move biron and strengthen the team in front of miller. i personally would rather gamble on millers health than gamble the current team has enough skaters to make it to the sc