PDA

View Full Version : Was the win against Edmonton Really worth it?

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Afinigenov hurt.
Novoty hurt.

Previous injuries to Gustad and Spacek.

Rumors of Campbell and Numminen having nagging injuries.

Are these wins really worth it? Will this team be healthy enough at playoff time?

I'd almost rather lose the odd game here and there and come in 2nd in the conference than win the conference and blow it in the first round because the team is too injured to play.

Not only that but at some point are they going to have so many injuries that they can't ice a team because there isn't enough money under the cap.

Discuss.

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I tell you after the trading deadline, maybe this will force their hand to make a trade. Get to see some kids from rochester. can't be all that bad.

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 12:25 AM
I tell you after the trading deadline, maybe this will force their hand to make a trade. Get to see some kids from rochester. can't be all that bad.
I think you need to get some sleep...that post made no sense...how do you make a trade after the trade deadline...

the Rochester rule? if they could do it they would be here...we have seen the best prospects. I don't want any of them but Paille near this team come playoff time.

Philagape
02-16-2007, 12:28 AM
What's the point? Are you saying we should sit our stars? For the rest of the season?

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 12:30 AM
What's the point? Are you saying we should sit our stars? For the rest of the season?
no...I am saying that playing break neck and "110%" when a playoff spot is already locked up is catching up to this team fast. They might think about sitting guys now and then.

SkateZilla
02-16-2007, 12:44 AM
no...I am saying that playing break neck and "110%" when a playoff spot is already locked up is catching up to this team fast. They might think about sitting guys now and then.

a playoff spot is not locked up until we get get the lol "x" next to the city name, can can still miss the playoffs mathmatically

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 12:50 AM
a playoff spot is not locked up until we get get the lol "x" next to the city name, can can still miss the playoffs mathmatically
by the end of February they will have the X.

YardRat
02-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Injuries are part of the game. It's a catch-22. You're a dumbass if you don't take it easy and someone gets hurt, still a dumbass if you do take a night off or two and someone gets hurt as a result of slacking off.

We just have to sac up and deal with it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-16-2007, 05:25 AM
Sorry, this is one crazy post. Tell the guys to ease up on their effort so they don't get hurt? WTF?

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 05:32 AM
sorry, I don't feel like reliving last year's semi-finals...I'd rather make the playoffs in the 8th spot, be healthy, make a run and win the damn thing...in case nobody noticed the regular season doesn't mean crap.

Meathead
02-16-2007, 05:51 AM
i definitely would prefer they didnt have the top seed going into the playoffs as id rather have that pressure be the other way around

but theyre now eight points ahead of the devils in the conference and a whopping thirteen ahead of the next closest team so unless the devils or somebody plays lights out the rest of the way theyd probably have to go on a considerable losing binge to lose the top spot - not really an ideal way to tune up

still i agree with you in that i wouldnt mind seeing the ice time of the key players diminished a little down the stretch to reduce wear and tear

i think it does put more pressure on darcy to deal biron and would now expect that to happen if they can find a suiter without conducting a fire sale

RockStar36
02-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Nah. You're supposed to be playing at 110% all the time. There is no way I want to see them tank a few games because they are scared of being hurt.

Dude
02-16-2007, 07:31 AM
I see Eb's point.

It's not that he wants them to tank, but is finishing #1 at the start of April really that important? Obviously not. I'd rather see them be #1 at the end of June.

Am I right?

RockStar36
02-16-2007, 07:33 AM
I agree completely but hockey injuries are a part of the game. I don't see how losing games now in Feb. is going to prevent these injuries, unless Lindy sits all the stars and plays the entire Rochester roster.

Dude
02-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Maybe Ed's question was rhetorical.

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Afinigenov hurt.
Novoty hurt.

Previous injuries to Gustad and Spacek.

Rumors of Campbell and Numminen having nagging injuries.

Are these wins really worth it? Will this team be healthy enough at playoff time?

I'd almost rather lose the odd game here and there and come in 2nd in the conference than win the conference and blow it in the first round because the team is too injured to play.

Not only that but at some point are they going to have so many injuries that they can't ice a team because there isn't enough money under the cap.

Discuss.
What do you suggest we do? Sit the entire team?

We will be fine. If anything we will have a refreshed Max, Connolly, and Spacek for the playoffs along with some of the young guys, Paille, Stafford, and Paestch gaining much needed experience.

Philagape
02-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Playing at less than full speed is just asking to be injured.

And how do you think our opponents will play us when our mentality is, "Please don't hurt me!"

BlackMetalNinja
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I'm not understanding this post at all... Injuries happen win or lose. It's not like we're trading wins for injuries or something. You don't go out there and say, alright guys, we're gonna go ahead and lose this one tonight because that guarantees nobody will get hurt!

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I think you need to get some sleep...that post made no sense...how do you make a trade after the trade deadline...

the Rochester rule? if they could do it they would be here...we have seen the best prospects. I don't want any of them but Paille near this team come playoff time.

Yeah, I don't know what the heck i said.

Earthquake Enyart
02-16-2007, 09:23 AM
What do you suggest we do? Sit the entire team?

We will be fine. If anything we will have a refreshed Max, Connolly, and Spacek for the playoffs along with some of the young guys, Paille, Stafford, and Paestch gaining much needed experience.
Once again, the voice of reason. :up: