• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

We're Making A Attractive Offer To Nate

Bills general manager Marv Levy addressed the media Friday, and said the team will spend "cash to the cap" for the 2007 campaign, also touching on the Bills' free agents, draft philosophy and the blackout issue.

"We're not going to amortize the future," Levy said. "The cap is $109 million this year. I don't think we're going to 'mortgage the future' type of thing by going beyond the cap."

Levy, Dick Jauron and a number of the Bills staff had just returned from Florida, where they spent a number of days meeting with owner Ralph Wilson regarding "mostly personnel issues."

Levy said he doesn't have a handle on the salary cap, but knows they will spend without hurting the future.

"We're not that liberally able to go out there and throw (money) all around," he said. "I don't understand cap. I run down the hall to Jim Overdorf over time."

The Bills general manager said the team was looking long and hard at their own free agents, specifically unrestricted players like Nate Clements and London Fletcher-Baker.

"We'd love to retain them," he said. "Jim Overdorf is contract negotiation guy, and he said there's nothing definitive yet. Some would like to wait. Will they hit the market? Probably a good chance, but if we can wrap it up before then, I'd be delighted."

Levy said Clements has expressed an affinity for Buffalo and would like to stay a Bill, but will test the free agent market. He also indicated a very attractive offer would be made to the corner.

continued at
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: We're Making A Attractive Offer To Nate

Since we aint gonna spend any significant money on a free agent, at this point I hope they work out something and bring Clements back..

****, after today's press conference, I hope they bring back Fletcher too..

It aint like we're going to go out and sign anyone of importance to take over for them.. So I'd rather them back than see Ellison and Youboty starting.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Since we aint gonna spend any significant money on a free agent, at this point I hope they work out something and bring Clements back..

****, after today's press conference, I hope they bring back Fletcher too..

It aint like we're going to go out and sign anyone of importance to take over for them.. So I'd rather them back than see Ellison and Youboty starting.
      AARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not what was said. Not at all.

If anything, the idea was that the Bills will sign fewer FA's, but get more talented guys.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        AARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not what was said. Not at all.

If anything, the idea was that the Bills will sign fewer FA's, but get more talented guys.
        if you are right, then I will buy you some beers

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I've been hating on clements, but I wouldn't mind bringing him back FOR THE RIGHT PRICE. However, with CB being the most expensive position in the NFL and a lot of teams having cap room, that ain't gonna happen. I don't blame Marv for trying, but I have no doubt that he'll be outbid and I agree that we shouldn't amortize the future.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            if you are right, then I will buy R. Rich a case or two of beer
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X