PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Moulds back?

ShadowHawk7
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
After his 10 year stint in Buffalo, he was humbled in a Texans offense, amassing only about 700 yards behind their clear cut #1 Andre Johnson.

Now that he realizes he can't be the bonafide #1 anymore and will likely not be a locker room problem again, would you want him back as a #2 WR to complement Evans?
I think he would be a viable solution to our problem at the #2 WR spot. He is as good as most FA WRs out there, and I don't think it a need that should be addressed day one in the draft.
What do you all think?

Luisito23
02-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll take him over any of our wideouts anyday...well aside from Evans of course....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

OpIv37
02-16-2007, 01:55 PM
He doesn't want to be here, so why bring him back? I think he has every right to be frustrated with this organization- the 10 year QB carousel cost him a shot at being one of the elite receivers in the game. I think his bitterness is too strong for him to be effective here. And besides that, his physical talents have clearly declined over the past few years.

But I hope he enjoyed the Lee Evans Show when we went to Houston!

Night Train
02-16-2007, 01:58 PM
No

patmoran2006
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
no

The Spaz
02-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Over Andre Davis, yes...

Mr. Miyagi
02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
So we after we brought back Price and now Moulds, why not go all the way and give good ol' Andre Reed a call? What about Don Beebe? I bet Duke Ferguson isn't doing much at home either.

Ickybaluky
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
After his 10 year stint in Buffalo, he was humbled in a Texans offense, amassing only about 700 yards behind their clear cut #1 Andre Johnson.

He only had 557 yards and 57 receptions.

Even so, I'd take him on the Pats. He isn't near what he once was, but he is still an effective short-area guy who can catch the ball and move the chains.

Earthquake Enyart
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
If we can get him cheap, sure.

jamesiscool
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
theres noooooooooooooooo way moulds is comin back here. but now that marv is back...... who knows.

James

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Let me make this easy.

His inability to work with Losman hurt himself and JP. My opinion was forever changed after the Miami game. I hope he rots on the Texans. By the way he signed a multi year deal. Is he getting cut?

Bert102176
02-16-2007, 02:58 PM
he was my favorite player since Thurman so yes I would

patmoran2006
02-16-2007, 03:15 PM
He only had 557 yards and 57 receptions.

Even so, I'd take him on the Pats. He isn't near what he once was, but he is still an effective short-area guy who can catch the ball and move the chains.
Moulds would be a good fit for NE.. I still think they will end up with Stallworth though.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
How much can he have left?

I'd rather go younger.

Devin
02-16-2007, 03:40 PM
In a heart beat. Moulds is 2-3x the WR anyone behind evans is.

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Now stay calm, because I know you love Moulds, but I think he may have a little left in his tank but not for this team. He'll never give JP a a fair shake.

Mr. Pink
02-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I heard that Joe Cribbs was available, maybe we can get him to replace Willis.

And while we're at it, Bryce Paup would be a nice addition to our LB core.

LEAVE THE PAST IN THE PAST.

thank you.

Devin
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Now stay calm, because I know you love Moulds, but I think he may have a little left in his tank but not for this team. He'll never give JP a a fair shake.

Stay calm? Uhhhh ok.

Perhaps not but that wasnt the question. Moulds is an upgrade over every WR on this roster apart Evans.

So would I take him, yeah. Now whether or not any of his issues have been resolved is up for debate. After Reed hes the best WR the Bills have had, so yeah I was a little bit of a fan.

Youve followed the team for a few years now right, you saw a few of his games yeah?

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Stay calm? Uhhhh ok.

Perhaps not but that wasnt the question. Moulds is an upgrade over every WR on this roster apart Evans.

So would I take him, yeah. Now whether or not any of his issues have been resolved is up for debate. After Reed hes the best WR the Bills have had, so yeah I was a little bit of a fan.

Youve followed the team for a few years now right, you saw a few of his games yeah?

Made a lot of great plays, yes he did.

I was a big fan until the Miami game.

Ed
02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Moulds was my favorite player too, so it would be hard for me to say no. He was a great mentor for Evans and Price, so if he was willing to accept a reduced role, why not. I'm sure Moulds gained a lot of respect for Losman after seeing his improvement and having to play with David Carr.

If he does get cut though, my guess is he ends up trying to sign with a contender that's close to home, like the Saints.

BAM
02-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Would love to see him back in a Bills uniform! Not gonna happen but I'd sure love it! Come back to us Moulds! :bighug:

G. Host
02-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Moulds would give him a fair shake if he was not the complete wreck he was in 2005. Veterans did not want to lose seasons just so he could cut his baby teeth. Moulds also disliked most of the 2005 offensive coaching staff, an opinion which many on the zone seem to agree with.

ublinkwescore
02-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I still have his jersey, and if he has truely been humbled... Hell Yeah I would take him back.

clumping platelets
02-16-2007, 11:13 PM
1 yr at vets min :bighug:

Historian
02-17-2007, 05:49 AM
So we after we brought back Price and now Moulds, why not go all the way and give good ol' Andre Reed a call? What about Don Beebe? I bet Duke Ferguson isn't doing much at home either.

Frank Lewis would do it, but he would have to turn in his badge.

Haven Moses is still alive I think...

Dozerdog
02-17-2007, 06:40 AM
I could see Moulds going to New England- he's just the veteran type they could lure there cheap

alohabillsfan
02-17-2007, 07:03 AM

And twice the cancer! In case you forgot HE DON'T LIKE OUR STARTING QB!

Mad Bomber
02-17-2007, 07:40 AM

Why stop there? Let's bring back Elbert Dubenion.

ShadowHawk7
02-17-2007, 11:04 AM
It is just an idea. I think Moulds would be a legitimate addition to our corps, but after Marv's comments Friday, it doesn't look like we'll do it. He said that we were not going to be very active in the FA in terms of finding a WR, and would possibly draft one at the right spot for competition.
(Read: Day 2 pick is a possibility but that is likely it for new WRs this offseason.)

Of course, nothing is set in stone.

Earthquake Enyart
02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Golden Wheels would be a big upgrade.

Marlin Briscoe is getting back into shape too for those Nike commercials.

Kerr
02-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't think he gets cut anyway. A lot of the criticism went to David Carr in Houston and he's as good as gone. I think moulds is still in the texans plans. They don't have a better #2 after him on the depth chart.

Michael82
02-17-2007, 12:31 PM
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He'd be a solid #2. :up:

TigerJ
02-17-2007, 12:35 PM
No. Right now Moulds has to be considered a depth player at WR. Buffalo has too many "depth players" at WR. I don't resent Moulds for doing what he did. I don't feel sympathy either. He made his bed. He can lie in it.

DynaPaul
02-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd take him back for a 1 day contract so he can retire as a Bill.

Jan Reimers
02-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Now there was a GREAT receiver. One of my favorite Bills of all time. Golden Wheels. Yeah!