• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Marv's OFFICIAL quote from today

Bills | Team expects to be less active in free agency this offseason
    Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:24:26 -0800
    Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports the Buffalo Bills do not expect to be as active in free agency this offseason as they were a year ago when the team signed nine noteworthy free agents. "It isn't likely we'll bring in that many. I think we can be more specific this spring," general manager Marv Levy said. "Our staff that was here didn't know the current players on the team as well as they know them now. It's not very likely that we'll have as many signings. What monies we have I'd prefer using to retain what we have. So I think we will be more limited in free agent signings, maybe considerably more limited. Maybe we get four guys. We haven't put a number on it, that's just off the top of my head."
    ================================================

First of all we signed nine "noteworthy" free agents last year????????????????? LOL

I especially love this though, what monies (who uses that word) would be for resigning our own guys.

1- You mean our own guys except the only two free agents who are good and will actually command money somewhere else?

2- Soon I heard "considerably more limited" that's when I officially figured out that Wilson has the noose around his neck..

Trust me boys and girls.. It does not MATTER one TINY BIT that 29 other teams in the league have LESS cap room than we do.. We aint getting **** in free agency.. Wilson aint spending money on ANY difference maker-- if we get one they will be developed through the draft over the next 3-4 years..
    Put it this way.. I wouldnt bother saving up for playoff tickets anytime soon.. Our owner is a ****ing JOKE in his old age.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Marv's OFFICIAL quote from today

quality is more important than quantity. If they can bring in 2 guys who actually make the team better instead of 9 guys who did jack ****, I'm all for it.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Totally agree...

If we sign DOckery or Dielman, and a LB worth a damn to replace Fletcher I'll be happy.

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Im scared about the future of this team in this city.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

It isn't likely we'll bring in that many. I think we can be more specific this spring,

I take this to mean they have a few players targeted.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

This is the part I love the most...

LORD KNOWS we aint gonna pony up for Clements or Fletcher whether they deserve it or not..

STILL, Levy said today that what "monies" we have he wants to resign our own players.

SO let me get this F'n straight..

We want to use our cap money to resign these guys:
            CHris Kelsay
            Damien Shelton
            Mike Gandy
            Kiwaukee Thomas
            Anthony Thomas
            Andre Davis
            Anthony Hargrove
            Shaud Williams
            Jabari Greer
            and the ever popular TIM ****in Anderson.

Hmm on second thought looking at that list.. I could see why that would be Levy's top priority.. How could we do without! We're already off to a Super Bowl run kinda start, we resigned Coy Wire-- who will fit in perfectly with matt Bowens, Jim Leonhard, Mark Kelso, Rashad Baker, Henry Jones, Leonard Smith and the other 87 backup safeties on this team.

Sarcasm off, a couple of the players should be resigned.. Every team needs good role and special team players.. but a PRIORITY?????

On the bright side, you guys who dont have season tix should have no problems walking up to the gate around noonish on Sundays and purchasing tickets for the games.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

I love how you take his statement that we will re-sign our guys to mean that we won't re-sign the two best, only the others.

BTW, he was quite clear that no decision was made on Gandy. He also said another RB was being brought in via the draft, and that a FA was unlikely.

I bet Shaud Williams is gone as well.

I can't wait for FA to start so we know exactly what is going on.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Me neither.. Beacause I REFUSE to believe that Levy won't go out and sign a QUALITY guard who becomes the INSTANT starter, and a quality LB to take over for Fletcher.

CB I dont care about.. Youboty and/or mid level guy will do just fine-- AS LONG as our front seven is better.
                DE- Round one draft
                DT- Im happier than most, would like a fourth DT for rotation.

Comment

Working...
                X