PDA

View Full Version : Would you take a expansion franchise?

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Say that email had breath of truth, after today i believe its possible. The team moves , and NFL gives us a right to a expansion team. If we keep our records and name. I would be on board. For the first time in my life i want a new owner for this team.

OpIv37
02-16-2007, 02:37 PM
oh I want a new owner, but let's think about this for a second. Let's say the Bills move before the 07 season (no, I don't actually think this is going to happen, but this is a hypothetical example).

It will take the NFL at least 2-3 years to figure out where else they will expand to, how they will re-align divisions, etc, so best case scenario is 2009. Then, we have to start building a team from scratch. Best case scenario is 3 years before we make a legit playoff run.

So that's 2012. Are you willing to wait 5 years to have a competitive football team when it's already been 7 since we've been in the playoffs and 10 since we've won in the playoffs? Uggh. The very thought makes me want to vomit.

camelcowboy
02-16-2007, 04:52 PM
So that's 2012. Are you willing to wait 5 years to have a competitive football team when it's already been 7 since we've been in the playoffs and 10 since we've won in the playoffs? Uggh. The very thought makes me want to vomit.

Op i would be happy to be assured the bills would here in five years, nevermind competiveness.

Forward_Lateral
02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't be a fan any longer, no. I'd either find a new team, or not watch at all.

Michael82
02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
:ill: Man this is depressing. :sigh:

Ed
02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
There's no way Buffalo would get an expansion team if they ever do end up leaving. With 32 teams already, I don't see the NFL wanting to expand that much more. Plus, it would totally screw up the divisions. If they do expand, though, I just think there are so many more markets the NFL would rather be in. I mean hell, we have the cheapest tickets in the league by far and we still had 4 blackouts last year.

Nighthawk
02-17-2007, 11:16 AM
oh I want a new owner, but let's think about this for a second. Let's say the Bills move before the 07 season (no, I don't actually think this is going to happen, but this is a hypothetical example).

It will take the NFL at least 2-3 years to figure out where else they will expand to, how they will re-align divisions, etc, so best case scenario is 2009. Then, we have to start building a team from scratch. Best case scenario is 3 years before we make a legit playoff run.

Don't forget that there would have to be a new stadium built...because the NFL will not put an expansion franchise in the Ralph. Face it, if their is no new stadium in the Bills future, there will no longer be any Buffalo Bills to cheer for.