PDA

View Full Version : I'm depressed

JPFBillsFan
02-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Because I understand Marv, and I understand why he was hired and why his hands are tied. Ralph can only do so much without reaching into his pocket. Why should he reach into his pocket. This is a business, how many businesses do you know sacrifice themselves for there employees, this on the heals of another 13,000 Car manufactoring job cuts. Bottom line is our team has turned into the Kansas City Royals of the NFL. We're doing what we can within our market to stay afloat. Kiss the Beltran(Clements), Damon(Fletchers) of the world good bye. Don't expect any AROD(FA aBc) signings.
Marv keeps referring to Indy/Polian because that is the model for which our team/organization is going to be run. Gone are the Free Agent Spikes/Milloy signings of the past. We're going to build our team through the draft each year and fill in with no name free agents around the core of the team. With a bite of luck, health and good scouting we should be a 6-10 - 8-8 team every year. We'll always be that stud DT/DE, G/T away from a real Superbowl team.

I say its not worth worring about anymore, enjoy this team while its here as Ralph has alluded to when he is no longer around there are no garuntees the Bills will be either.

feelthepain
02-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe Marv is just giving the impression he's not going to be active in the FA market, just to throw everyone off his track. Maybe he thinks the less people interested in the avalible FA's the ceaper they will be, ya never know.

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 03:34 PM
BS.

The only person to blame is Ralph. He paid $50,000 for a team that's worth $750,000,000. If dollars were important that rename the stadium, raise ticket prices, etc. It seems like Ralph spends more time *****ing than doing.

The NFL is not major league baseball. It's the hottest sport on the planet and their isn't a team, including the Bills, that doesn'y make a profit. If he wanted to do something for the community than push the state for a downtown stadium. It seems to be he'd rather have it lean and mean so he can sell it.

patmoran2006
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Because I understand Marv, and I understand why he was hired and why his hands are tied. Ralph can only do so much without reaching into his pocket. Why should he reach into his pocket. This is a business, how many businesses do you know sacrifice themselves for there employees, this on the heals of another 13,000 Car manufactoring job cuts. Bottom line is our team has turned into the Kansas City Royals of the NFL. We're doing what we can within our market to stay afloat. Kiss the Beltran(Clements), Damon(Fletchers) of the world good bye. Don't expect any AROD(FA aBc) signings.
Marv keeps referring to Indy/Polian because that is the model for which our team/organization is going to be run. Gone are the Free Agent Spikes/Milloy signings of the past. We're going to build our team through the draft each year and fill in with no name free agents around the core of the team. With a bite of luck, health and good scouting we should be a 6-10 - 8-8 team every year. We'll always be that stud DT/DE, G/T away from a real Superbowl team.

I say its not worth worring about anymore, enjoy this team while its here as Ralph has alluded to when he is no longer around there are no garuntees the Bills will be either.

One of the better and more honest posts I"ve read in here in a very long time.. Great job.

and I love the KC Royals analogy.. Unfortunately, its becoming increasingly true (and obvious)

HHURRICANE
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Maybe Marv is just giving the impression he's not going to be active in the FA market, just to throw everyone off his track. Maybe he thinks the less people interested in the avalible FA's the ceaper they will be, ya never know.

FTP, I thought I'd never say this but I hope your right.

raphael120
02-16-2007, 04:56 PM
no, if you want a player, it's well known that you do.

how "disguising" that you want a guy is going to lower the price is beyond me. if a player wants a certain amount of money, theyll get it...

Nighthawk
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
BS.

The only person to blame is Ralph. He paid $50,000 for a team that's worth $750,000,000. If dollars were important that rename the stadium, raise ticket prices, etc. It seems like Ralph spends more time *****ing than doing.

The NFL is not major league baseball. It's the hottest sport on the planet and their isn't a team, including the Bills, that doesn'y make a profit. If he wanted to do something for the community than push the state for a downtown stadium. It seems to be he'd rather have it lean and mean so he can sell it.

Great post! I agree about Ralph. I don't like what this looks like, but let's see how the FA pans out first. After that, then I can get a better sense for what might be going on.

Ickybaluky
02-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Marv keeps referring to Indy/Polian because that is the model for which our team/organization is going to be run.

Based on recent performance, is that a bad thing?

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 08:06 PM
BS.

there is also something in the latest CBA/revenue sharing about help from other owners...I don't have chapter and verse but there is something about in there that to receive X% of profit sharing help a team cannot exceed a certain amount of revenue stream...it is possible that hooking in naming rights and a couple of other streams will put the Bills over that limit and they will no longer qualify for that special help...it is ancient history but I think that is why the Bengals and the Bills were against it because they were the two teams closest to the bubble and in risk of going over and not getting help.

feelthepain
02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
FTP, I thought I'd never say this but I hope your right.

HC's (or former HC's, in your case) are like politicians....you can't trust aything they say. It's a dog eat dog world in the NFL, you can't tip your hand or you dead in the water....geez, could I have used another cliche' in that paragraph??

Ebenezer
02-16-2007, 08:19 PM
HC's (or former HC's, in your case) are like politicians....you can't trust aything they say. It's a dog eat dog world in the NFL, you can't tip your hand or you dead in the water....geez, could I have used another cliche' in that paragraph??
not only that but before March 2 teams cannot even mention a FA by name. According to clump they can answer yes or no questions from reports regarding IF a certain player is a FA and what type of FA he is...that is all.